Video: Cowherd comments on Smith signing

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
So did Jerry thing the league was being unfair to the Patriots owner when he was getting screwed over? I'm not knocking Jerry for this. I'm just calling it what it was. Zeke is a investment to him and he wants to protect his investment at all costs.

Being unfair to Kraft how? Was it the prostitutes that were sex traffic victims or the multiple cheating scandals?

X550i

Reaction score
Cowherd is a turd and ratings grabber when you don't agree with his opinion.
When he says something that coincides with your narrative; he's smart, intuitive, and a cutting edge thinker.:)

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Colin is spot on... this could be getting personal for Jerry. Jerry loves his players. Jerry supports his players. Jerry takes care of players long after they retire, and jerry has gone to bat for Zeke since day 1 of him becoming a cowboy. Jerry has said all along they are gonna pay Zeke.. but he never said he was going to pay him this year. So, jerry has every right to be a little upset. I support Jerry in anything he does in regards to Zeke. I want Zeke on the field as much as anyone, because we are much better with him than without him. But there are limits to how much I would expect Cowboys management to do to make that happen. Just like AB in Steeler land. They finally said enough is enough.

O personally would tell Zeke I will get you your deal NEXT year. If you dont like it... sit your arse in Mexico all year. Like Colin said... what can Zeke give Jerry??? Jerry has 3 SB wins, Jerry is a Billionaire. They havent won anything so far with Zeke... so go ahead... piss of the best friend you will ever have Zeke.

You are spot on. And really, Jerry could end Zeke's career. What will he be worth sitting out three years, assuming the Cowboys Franchise Tag him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's literally ever single person in broadcasting. You realize that right? There are degrees to the madness though. For instance, Stephen A. has been proven time and time again to not be up-to-date or knowledgeable in the least. He just screams the loudest.

I'm not a huge fan of Cowherd, but he's definitely better than some of the other trash out there
Well there's levels to it but yeah you are right it is literally every person in broadcasting which is why I probably don't like any of them lol. But his trolling is on a different level. HE will make statement and in the next sentence contradict it. I don't watch him but I watch the videos you guys post on here.........its ridiculous. One minute Dak sucks the next minute he wants to pay him as the best quarterback in the league. One minute Zeke is the best back in the league...next video he's not that good. I understand trolling on this level is common but I can't tolerate it on that level. That's just trying to rile people up at that point.

erod

Reaction score
If Jerry thought that or knew that then why doesn't he have a contract with Zeke right now?

Because Zeke is being unreasonable, and he's a constant worry for the organization.

No way Zeke can stay off the suspension list for four years, and Jerry wants assurances.

Plus, Zeke has no leverage. It's too early.

Zeke's agent apparently won't even return a phone call or make a counter offer.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like Jerry did it out of the kindness of his heart lol. Jerry did it because Zeke was the best player on his team and he needed him in order to win. Let's don't kid ourselves here.
I have no doubt JJ had his own (team's) best interest in mind. Aside from the financial outlays and his personal time spent defending Zeke, he also put his reputation at risk.

Say what you will about JJ's media gaffs, his rambling sometimes incoherent monologues, and his GM skills, he did put his name and, ultimately, the Cowboy's "brand" on the line.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry has helped plenty of players from the top to the bottom of NFL rosters. Trying to pigeon hole him based on Zeke is nearsighted and self-serving. Yeah, it's an investment, but it's still his damn money.
That is true
And honestly I don’t think jerry cares about the money
But he has to care about the cap

plymkr

Reaction score

I know others don't like Cowherd. I do. A lot. Think he is smart. This is a good piece.

I completely agree with Cowherd on this. The point that stood out to me is what have we won with Zeke that we didn't win with Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Juliius Jones, Hambrick, Murray, Randle, etc. Nothing. We have not advanced past the division round in the playoffs in 30 some years. Zeke did not take us to the promised land and then hold out. He took us to the divisional round and then played bad.

Emmitt Smith won the super bowl and then he held out. No Emmitt, no repeat. No Zeke, same mediocrity that we have with Zeke. Zeke needs to grow up and stop biting the hand that feeds him. And a sense of humor would benefit him also.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Cowherd is often wrong. But he's really good at his job. He has strong opinions and he isnt afraid to share them. He nailed it on the head on this one.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I enjoy the peeps that get swayed by op/eds that do their thing for money.
Totally awesome and erudite!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Cowherd's probably the most cerebral broadcaster out there.
cant say I agree, its smoke and mirrors, he seems cerebral because he over explains, lots of needless analogies, but the substance of his words are pedestrian if not stupid at times