Video: Cowherd comments on Smith signing

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't think this signing is all that calculated. I think it's just Dallas getting done what they can. Plenty of players who need extensions and they can't all wait on Zeke to get his.
Everything now is set up for the cameras and the sound bites.

BHendri5

Reaction score

I know others don't like Cowherd. I do. A lot. Think he is smart. This is a good piece.

Cowturd is garbage he cannot here anyone but his own voice and he thinks he knows everything and he is not even close, but he is great at starting a lot of BS

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That commentary is one that came from someone who isn't even a C-boys fan but knows a thing or two when it comes to pure logic. I do agree with him, wholeheartedly. Zeke should have enough sense to know better than to bite the hand that not only feeds you but goes above and beyond the call of duty to "have his back." Most 5th graders have enough sense to figure that out. What's even more amazing is that EE's agent can't. Loyalty counts!

What's most surprising to me is....people are surprised that Zeke did this. Saw this coming a mile away. Zeke is a knuckdragging buffoon...that cares about one thing. Himself. That by definition...makes him an A-hole. And you just don't pay A-holes big money. Look @ OBJ...Antonio Brown...once you give them that leverage of not being able to cut a guy....oh boy...All hell breaks loose. If you think Zeke is bad now...just wait until he gets paid.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cowturd is garbage he cannot here anyone but his own voice and he thinks he knows everything and he is not even close, but he is great at starting a lot of BS

Does he not “here” or “hear”? I also think you created the first sentence in history with 2 ands and 2 buts in it. Simply remarkable. You also have 5 he’s in it. Wow!

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't think this signing is all that calculated. I think it's just Dallas getting done what they can. Plenty of players who need extensions and they can't all wait on Zeke to get his.
I agree here.

I don't think Jerry was mad at Zeke then said, "Get Jaylon's agent on the phone." I agree it was one of several deals they were working on and it got done.

Admittedly, the timing is interesting.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What's most surprising to me is....people are surprised that Zeke did this. Saw this coming a mile away. Zeke is a knuckdragging buffoon...that cares about one thing. Himself. That by definition...makes him an A-hole. And you just don't pay A-holes big money. Look @ OBJ...Antonio Brown...once you give them that leverage of not being able to cut a guy....oh boy...All hell breaks loose. If you think Zeke is bad now...just wait until he gets paid.

This^^^

3 more seasons of Peak Zeke worth paying him for 5? Over paying him? Factor in the high risk of off the field issues. Factor in the petulant crap he displayed vs the Rams. Guy is not worth the hassle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be actively trying to trade him, we should get at least what Oakland got for Cooper.

If they could? They should. But I don't think they have a choice. I don't think anyone wants in on the cost and headache that comes with Elliott. Not a chance.

I think both sides are simply stuck with one another. And if the Cowboys have decided they're not going to pay him his big deal, they need to ride this out to the end and do everything they can to cover themselves for his absence.

sideon

Reaction score
Cowherd's probably the most cerebral broadcaster out there.
He's not cerebral, he's a flip flopper. One minute he thinks Dak sucks and then the next minute he thinks Dak should be paid like a top 5 QB, and just a couple of days ago he said Dak is just average.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Like Jerry did it out of the kindness of his heart lol. Jerry did it because Zeke was the best player on his team and he needed him in order to win. Let's don't kid ourselves here.

Then why has he been supporting Josh Brent or Gregory? Why give Choice, Austin, Colombo chances at coaching? He has always had the players backs--often times to a fault.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I completely agree with Cowherd on this. The point that stood out to me is what have we won with Zeke that we didn't win with Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Juliius Jones, Hambrick, Murray, Randle, etc. Nothing. We have not advanced past the division round in the playoffs in 30 some years. Zeke did not take us to the promised land and then hold out. He took us to the divisional round and then played bad.

Emmitt Smith won the super bowl and then he held out. No Emmitt, no repeat. No Zeke, same mediocrity that we have with Zeke. Zeke needs to grow up and stop biting the hand that feeds him. And a sense of humor would benefit him also.

havent advanced past a division rd in 30 some years? not so good with the numbers, are you?

plymkr

Reaction score
havent advanced past a division rd in 30 some years? not so good with the numbers, are you?
I'm pretty good with numbers, I just don't feel I have to prove how smart I am to people that are going to nitpick fine details of my post and ignore my point.

Not so good with conversations are you?