Twitter: Cowherd: Cowboy haters pray Dak signs this contract

fivetwos

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to explain to me why the last year of a contract means anything.

It will NOT be guaranteed, and the team can move on of they like, or pay him, or renegotiate an extension.

I fail to see the problem with this 5th year at 45M. He will never see it.

You got four years to find a QB, which is the prudent thing to do anyway of those are going to be the numbers.

Se7enout

Reaction score
I disagree. I don’t think he’s average I think he is well above it. I didn’t like him when he first was our qb and I thought he was average, but he has gotten better every year and is easily a top 10 qb now: he is mobile, has a good arm, is coachable and durable & tough as a $2 steak. So imo I think you’re wrong
"Top ten" is dictated by the market. In the nfl there are few QBs worth the kinda money dak is asking for. Brady at one point, manning was another. Dak has never shown anything great. He is reliable and makes good choices but that only gets him 8 wins a season. There are plenty of QBs we could plug into his spot and get that many of not more.
I don't want to come off as a dak hater because I really do like him. I have since we drafted him. I have just never seen the kinda play out of him that would justify the pay he wants.
If we could trade him for another piece and throw another 8-8 qb with comparative stats in his place we make the team better.
If we pay him too much and get stuck with his bloated contract it will hurt the team.
That's all I really care about.

Se7enout

Reaction score
Not by any commonly-used metric. Though I admit there’s a mob out there that wants to believe you’re right.
His offensive protection and weapons are extraordinary. He is quite average. That's why he was drafted where he was drafted that's why he can't win big games and that's why he has average 8-8 seasons. He is just average.

Bennie

Reaction score
No surprise you would quote Cowturd. Just like you, he has absolutely no clue about NFL football. Thanks though for keeping on exposing your absolute ignorance. It makes our day.[/QUOTE

Hahaha, I'm sure Cowherd has forgotten more about football then you know. Keep right on squeezing your blow-up Dak doll to make yourself feel better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all cant have the mentality of "if we pay him more he must play better" the fact of the matter is dak will be the same dak. 8 - 8. How much are you willing to pay for 8 wins? That's what it comes down to.
You pay him more because he's better and will be for 10 years.

Se7enout

Reaction score
They should rename this dakzone.com the last time I remember cz fan boying this hard was when marion the barbarian was going to be our every down work horse...

Endzoneview

Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to explain to me why the last year of a contract means anything.

It will NOT be guaranteed, and the team can move on of they like, or pay him, or renegotiate an extension.

I fail to see the problem with this 5th year at 45M. He will never see it.

You got four years to find a QB, which is the prudent thing to do anyway of those are going to be the numbers.

From what I'm understanding of the offer, that 5th year is guaranteed too, that 5th year is not a option year but they want 5 years @ 45 - all monies guaranteed- the Cowboys do like to extend the contracts with back loaded monies so they can restructure the contract- if the last year was not guaranteed he would get whatever monies was guaranteed up to that last year, some teams have a roster bonus that is not guaranteed and then makes that last year the one that he won't see as you stated but if it's 5 years then 45 would be the direct hit every cap year. You can't do that so they want the 5th year to bring down the salary to more reasonable level so you go low the first three years and then hit the bigger numbers down the 4th and 5th seasons, that's what the Eagles did basically with Wentz extension. it's not a quick fix and someone has to blink. But that's why the 5th year would be 45 and adding whatever monies you did not pay the first 4 years to the cap. Does that make sense? Basically they want all money guaranteed

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our division rivals certainly say they want that, anyway.

I’m not sure why, though, because all Dak does is beat them

It’s because Dak is not the one anyone fears and they are hoping he gets a big enough pay day that keeps our roster short somewhere else and eventually firmly placed us into mediocrity until the contract is over.

We should’ve seen much more success when he was cheaper

Pay him whatever he wants and Dallas is basically forfeiting their chance to win a title.

Dak needs a great team to win.. Just play Dalton, look in the draft, and build up the rest of the team and don’t pay an ok QB elite money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol Collin shares a couple of my view points that I’ve had for awhile.

“Let Dak hit the open market.”

“Drafting a QB isn’t as difficult as it used to be.”

Just let Dak walk.. He is not worth all of this and we can replace him no problem.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s because Dak is not the one anyone fears and they are hoping he gets a big enough pay day that keeps our roster short somewhere else and eventually firmly placed us into mediocrity until the contract is over.

We should’ve seen much more success when he was cheaper

Pay him whatever he wants and Dallas is basically forfeiting their chance to win a title.

Dak needs a great team to win.. Just play Dalton, look in the draft, and build up the rest of the team and don’t pay an ok QB elite money.

Plenty of teams compete with good QBs on their 2nd contracts. That’s just what Dak is.

And he doesn’t need better players around him than any other top QB. Every passing game needs people to catch the ball and blindside protection. I don’t know why anybody thinks Dak should be any different.

Polkton31

Reaction score

That tweet, and your posting of it, show an extreme lack of knowledge concerning the Louisiana Purchase. For the United States it was arguably one of the greatest deals ever made. For the French, it gave Napoleon the funds he needed to fight the war with Britain, therefore ensuring France remained under French control. The sell of the Louisiana Territory also ensured the French didn't lose the Territory to Spain or England. If the French wouldn't have sold it, they most assuredly would have lost it... either to the United States, Spain or Britain. Getting what they got for it, instead of the alternative (Nothing) was a good deal for them also. Maybe stick to football related topics. History obviously isn't a strong point for either one of you.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That tweet, and your posting of it, show an extreme lack of knowledge concerning the Louisiana Purchase. For the United States it was arguably one of the greatest deals ever made. For the French, it gave Napoleon the funds he needed to fight the war with Britain, therefore ensuring France remained under French control. The sell of the Louisiana Territory also ensured the French didn't lose the Territory to Spain or England. If the French wouldn't have sold it, they most assuredly would have lost it... either to the United States, Spain or Britain. Getting what they got for it, instead of the alternative (Nothing) was a good deal for them also. Maybe stick to football related topics. History obviously isn't a strong point for either one of you.
Cool story bro :thumbup:

Way to miss the point