Twitter: Cowherd: Cowboy haters pray Dak signs this contract

uvaballa

Reaction score
All fans of opposing teams want teams to overpay players. For example Cowboy fans were celebrating when Wentz got paid. I'm sure Eagle fans celebrated when Zeke got overpaid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Our division rivals certainly say they want that, anyway.

I’m not sure why, though, because all Dak does is beat them
yes but Commanders and giants have new coaching staffs, so may or may not be as easy as it was before.

Se7enout

Reaction score
singular, not plural. One. In one of the weirder seasons I can recall. Also the owner of 13-3 and 10-6.
And if there’s a season this year, I’m going out on a limb and predicting 11-5 with 4K+ yards and 25+ tds.
Andy's first 4 seasons are better than Dak's, he didnt have half the talent surrounding him that dak has. Dak is average and that's fine.

CapnB

Reaction score
Yeah funny a lot of division rival fans feel like this. Although he has a winning record against the NFCE. But hey, lets give'em what they ask for

Proof

Reaction score
Andy's first 4 seasons are better than Dak's, he didnt have half the talent surrounding him that dak has. Dak is average and that's fine.

no they weren’t. They were comparable at best but significantly worse. And ten years ago. Do you see the horrendous logic on display here? Squint if you must

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his greatness were so obvious there would be no debate. 8-8 is average at best dude. He isnt a great QB that can put the team on his back and pull out big wins. His presence hasnt won us games we wouldnt have won with any other average QB. Unless you believe without dak we are even worse then 8-8...

I can drive a truck through the difference between “great” and “average at best, dude,” to start with.

Secondly, QBs don’t go 8-8, teams do. This ought to be evident to people given that QBs aren’t even on the field at all for even half the plays in the vast majority of games, and that they only throw the ball about half the time when they *are* in the game. And yet somehow that basic math eludes the type of people who say things like “That QB only went 8-8.”

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He said Dak is trying to win a playoff game. For his information Dak has won a playoff game against Russell Wilson.

Se7enout

Reaction score
I can drive a truck through the difference between “great” and “average at best, dude,” to start with.

Secondly, QBs don’t go 8-8, teams do. This ought to be evident to people given that QBs aren’t even on the field at all for even half the plays in the vast majority of games, and that they only throw the ball about half the time when they *are* in the game. And yet somehow that basic math eludes the type of people who say things like “That QB only went 8-8.”
But he is asking to be paid like a "great" qb. He isnt worth it. The distance between him and dalton is not big enough to justify the price tag.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he is asking to be paid like a "great" qb. He isnt worth it. The distance between him and dalton is not big enough to justify the price tag.

Not really. He’s being asked to get paid like a young franchise QB on his second contract.

And the difference between him and Dalton is significant. Teams win games in the NFL on passing effectiveness differential. Half of the equation is tied to QB play. While QBs don’t win games on their own, it’s tough to win them at all if you don’t have good passing effectiveness on offense. The pressure that a bad or average QB puts on his defense is very difficult to overcome if you’re talking about competing for championships.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If you had asked me if Dak was worth paying after 2018, I would have some real doubts about that. But he took a drastic step forward last year. I think y'all are stuck on your 2016 first impressions of Dak and ignore just how good he was in 2019. When he was healthy from Weeks 1-12, he certainly looked like a franchise QB to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is average and that's fine when you have the offense we have. He wouldnt be missed though. He could be replaced with any average QB and we wouldnt miss a step. There just isnt anything special about him.
Dak has proven he's more than just an average QB. Comon' on now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's shocking to me when I read many in here think Dalton could take over and there wouldn't be any drop off in QB production.

You have to make some concessions if you’re trying to make the agenda fit somehow.

Se7enout

Reaction score
It's shocking to me when I read many in here think Dalton could take over and there wouldn't be any drop off in QB production.
People think that because they see the talent around him and he still can't find a way to win.

Se7enout

Reaction score
Dak just isnt worth putting us in a position where we are unable to sign players in the future.
If we could trade him for someone like Adams put a capable game manager like dalton in there the talent we would get in return would be more valuable then what dak and his bloated contract would.
The drop off from dak to dalton (I believe its nonexistent but for arguements sake we will say he is better) isn't significant. He went 8-8 last year. 8 wins is not hard for a QB to pick up with the talent our offense has.

black label

Reaction score
imagine wanting a tool that coudnt get a td against philly hotdog vendors getting millions,yeah there's something wrong with u

Street40

Reaction score

To whom much is given....much is expected. Two people whose success is measured by wins and losses Quarterback and Head Ball Coach