Video: Cowherd: This is what you're going to see in the next 7 or 8 years from Dallas

irishline

Reaction score
Or the 76'ers of the 70's until Moses took them to the promised land with a house call from the Doctor. See, I'm old

"Just like I'm the King on the microphone so is Doctor J and Moses Malone..."

Don't know why what you said reminded me of this but somehow it did. See, I'm right there with ya. :p:(

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
isn't this pretty much the way they have been for the last 7 or 8 years so he didn't really go out on a limb much with this prediction

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Dak but I don't think he's that much worse than guys like Goff who were able to succeed with good coaching. I think you need one of the two. You can win with a coach like McVay and a decent QB, or you can win with a QB like Rodgers and a decent coach (or you can have Brady and Bellichick and win 20 years in a row).

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who touched the ball the most and runs the offense? The offense that punted or turned the ball over on downs 5 out of 8 possessions. Like I said twice now, he made some good plays. He also didn't do enough to win. Both of those things can be true at the same time.
You sound like a broken record. And you didn't answer who played better on offense. I mean, is it even worth arguing?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
You’re not getting a qb better than Dak with two first round draft picks.

Although I'm glad to see you finally responded to a post, instead of creating another drive-by passive aggressive thread on Romo, you completely missed the point--

Jerry Jones grandson is a red shirt freshman quarterback at Arkansas and he will be the owner of the Cowboys someday.

And I'm pretty sure if the Cowboys were in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence in two years, they would take him in a heartbeat and trade Dak.

Dak is a middle of the pack QB and I like him personally - but he isn't Mahomes.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Although I'm glad to see you finally responded to a post, you completely missed the point--

Jerry Jones grandson is a red shirt freshman quarterback at Arkansas.

And I'm pretty sure if the Cowboys were in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence in two years, they would take him in a heartbeat.

Dak is a middle of the pack QB and I like him personally - but he isn't Mahomes.
Mahomes is the greatest qb of all time unfair

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You sound like a broken record. And you didn't answer who played better on offense. I mean, is it even worth arguing?
Who cares if he played better? He also went 5/8 possessions without doing anything. While the game was falling out of reach between the mid first and end of the 3rd he couldn't pick up key first downs. So yes he played well but It still wasn't good enough.

But here, since that won't be enough for you and I want you to be happy:
He played better than EVERYONE else on offense. He was amazing out there. Never seen anything quite like it.

Good? Good.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m really not sure what else people want to see out of Garrett. I mean, how long is reasonable, 20 years? It’s getting to the point of no return. :( At some point, every year, talent matches each other in the playoffs and you have to rely on coaching as much as anything. That is where it ends for us until a change is made......02.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m really not sure what else people want to see out of Garrett. I mean, how long is reasonable, 20 years? It’s getting to the point of no return. :( At some point, every year, talent matches each other in the playoffs and you have to rely on coaching as much as anything. That is where it ends for us until a change is made......02.
Agreed. We've seen how far Garrett can take us. He's burned through the HOF level careers of Witten, Ware, and Romo and now he's on the same pace to do the same thing to Zeke, Dak, Smith and Martin.

GMO415

Reaction score
So I guess Goff was special because his team went forward? Mmmm No.
After Sunday, Goff and the lambs will have the same post season record as Dallas 1-2. Only difference is Dallas didn't mortgage the farm and put themselves all in on a SB run for a year.

The lambs will lose their free agent talent while Dallas retains their young and improving ones. Advantage Dallas .

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

"Just like I'm the King on the microphone so is Doctor J and Moses Malone..."

Don't know why what you said reminded me of this but somehow it did. See, I'm right there with ya. :p:(

lol and chocolate thunder

th

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Agreed. We've seen how far Garrett can take us. He's burned through the HOF level careers of Witten, Ware, and Romo and now he's on the same pace to do the same thing to Zeke, Dak, Smith and Martin.
Now it all makes sense. You think Romo is a HOFer. Good to know.

GMO415

Reaction score
What I'm hearing from Cowherd is coaching. We change coaching, perhaps Seany P and then we're golden.....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
pretty much right on they have won the division three out of the last five years and they havnt won a division game yet 2009 was the same way and garrett was the offensive cord for them at the time so his record pretty well speaks for its self

In both playoff losses Dak played well enough to win. Its been the coaching and the defense both times that have screwed the pooch. Dak is a winner. Rises to challenge. HE wont be the problem. Anyone that says that there isnt anything special about Dak doesnt understand the game.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now it all makes sense. You think Romo is a HOFer. Good to know.
Now it all makes sense. You think he isn't. You're one of those people in the overlapping circles. Good to know.

Doesn't make anything that I said about Dak's performance untrue, no matter how hard you wish for it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Now it all makes sense. You think he isn't. You're one of those people in the overlapping circles. Good to know.

Doesn't make anything that I said about Dak's performance untrue, no matter how hard you wish for it.
Lmao, you're so edgy! Romo isn't, pretty simple stuff. Huge fan, but he's just not HOF material. Doesn't mean I'm in any circle.
And you keep attributing team aspects to just Prescott. The guy had a good game and scored twice. The defense manhandled us. We were within a score. Stop blaming one guy to fit your narrative. There are WAY better examples of Prescott playing like crap, the LA game isn't one.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lmao, you're so edgy! Romo isn't, pretty simple stuff. Huge fan, but he's just not HOF material. Doesn't mean I'm in any circle.
And you keep attributing team aspects to just Prescott. The guy had a good game and scored twice. The defense manhandled us. We were within a score. Stop blaming one guy to fit your narrative. There are WAY better examples of Prescott playing like crap, the LA game isn't one.
I never had a narrative. I said he played well but that wasn't good enough for you. I said he wasn't the only one at fault, not good enough for you. So here we are.

For the record I've been saying for at least 2 months it's a team game and putting wins and losses on a QB is ridiculous. When we were winning, nobody wanted to hear that because it had to be all about Dak. Funny now that we lost it's back to a team sport. Neat.

I will continue saying it's a team win or loss. He along with the rest of the team didn't do enough to win. Period.