News: Crawford Could Miss This Week, Maybe Longer

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
A 2 week injury, including one where we play the worst team in football. Yawn.

Woods is a better DT who's missing time as well, but there's no threads worrying about his injury. Possibly because no one on this board has an agenda to denigrate him....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We need a LOT of work there. I think Hill is the only interior defensive lineman under contract for 2020. And would anybody say they want Crawford back at his cost for 2020? Anyone anyone? Bueller?

If they don’t learn how to draft DT’s or poach some new ones, we might see him again next year. Welp

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, but isn't it like Taco vs Houston all over again? Even if he's great, it's still the Dolphins man. Just like even when Taco had a great game, it's just the Texans line man. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't...

Yeah but if he gets driven into the turf by Miami's OL, as noted above, oh boy.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I wouldn't lose sleep over Crawford. We're essentially replacing him with Quinn. That's an upgrade in every way. Sure, we lost Taco, but he wasn't even active. We need better DTs but Crawford wouldn't solve that problem.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford is another player that after this season the team needs to move on from being paid way to much

It should have been done before this season. Before the threw another $10 million down the drain.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but if he gets driven into the turf by Miami's OL, as noted above, oh boy.

I expect him to be trapped, misdirected, and fooled. That's the guy I've seen on film. One that doesn't know what his role is in the defense just running around as fast as he can. A dog chasing cars.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So many spares on this DL that so many hyped up to be great. But in Marinelli we trust! He is all knowing! :muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, this was funny to me!

From Garrett's presser today:

Jason Garrett noted that defensive end Robert Quinn handled Wednesday’s practice well and that his hand wasn’t an issue. That’s good to hear.

Tyrone Crawford isn’t anticipated to do anything.

So business as usual then, right?
:lmao:

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am surprised they havent made a move for a Dt with these injuries,atleast they should bring up Wise.

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is a game we need to see Trystan, for sure!

With Woods and Crawford both out, I assume our active players will be:

Lawrence, Quinn, Armstrong, Hyder and Jackson at end.

Collins, Covington and Hill at tackle, with Hyder and Jackson playing inside some.

I think, like with Covington when he was backing up Woods, Hill will play both 1-tech and 3-tech some.