News: Crawford Could Miss This Week, Maybe Longer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't, asides from Lawrence and hopefully Quinn we don't have much. Crawford is a solid if not spectacular lunch pail kinda player. Remember all the talk about our Dline being stellar after our 8 sack performance against a horrible Texans line in preseason.:laugh:

Yes I do. They suckered me in...
:banghead:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Seriously. Again and again and again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. We've all been fooled for far too long.

Yep. I bought into Marinelli for a little but no longer. I have seen his defenses when it counts and it is junk. We have let his ways make this defense subpar. He loves spare guys on the Dline (I think because if he had actual talent and didn't produce, he'd be called out). So people associate him with being some DL whisperer and how much he gets from them. But this DL year after year is underwhelming. We passed over Watt for Taco. Took Hill in 2nd rd this draft when serious safety talent was there. All because this fraud.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. I bought into Marinelli for a little but no longer. I have seen his defenses when it counts and it is junk. We have let his ways make this defense subpar. He loves spare guys on the Dline (I think because if he had actual talent and didn't produce, he'd be called out).

You mean like first (Taco) or second rounders (Hill)?

:laugh:

So people associate him with being some DL whisperer and how much he gets from them. But this DL year after year is underwhelming.

He has had success in the past, now the long past. I can respect and acknowledge that without having to now give him a free pass through life.

We passed over Watt for Taco. Took Hill in 2nd rd this draft when serious safety talent was there. All because this fraud.

Yep. It's all on him and he needs to be held accountable. As well as the head coach who unquestioningly supports his every decision.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You mean like first (Taco) or second rounders (Hill)?

:laugh:

He has had success in the past, now the long past. I can respect and acknowledge that without having to now give him a free pass through life.

Yep. It's all on him and he needs to be held accountable. As well as the head coach who unquestioningly supports his every decision.

He is the Linehan of the defense. I have no idea why when we fired Linehan, we didn't do the same to Marinelli. What has he done here to warrant him still having a job? Heck if anything, his unit has been worse than Linehan's unit. His defenses flat out suck in the divisional round of the playoffs. That Rams game should have been the nail in the coffin. Not only did we allow almost 300 yards on the ground (and a lot to a spare backup), we made ZERO adjustments to do anything about it. Why not promote Richard to DC if we were going to promote Moore to OC? Get rid of the outdated dead weight and start fresh and move forward.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the Linehan of the defense. I have no idea why when we fired Linehan, we didn't do the same to Marinelli. What has he done here to warrant him still having a job?

Coasting on past accomplishments. He was very good many years ago. Now? Not so much.

Heck if anything, his unit has been worse than Linehan's unit. His defenses flat out suck in the divisional round of the playoffs. That Rams game should have been the nail in the coffin. Not only did we allow almost 300 yards on the ground (and a lot to a spare backup), we made ZERO adjustments to do anything about it. Why not promote Richard to DC if we were going to promote Moore to OC? Get rid of the outdated dead weight and start fresh and move forward.

Feelings are high up in this team's needs list. They hate hurting them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What the hell did Hill even do do you know? This defensive coordinator Marinelli is he a disaster?
not sure

Possibly not in the right gaps during games, not a lot of effort in practice to get better..all rumor but..

theres hope for him he should get 2-3 years to learn and grow..no need for the term bust just yet..not all players step in day one and succeed..