Crawford needs to go!

quickccc

Reaction score
He needed to go 2 years ago.

Since then it's just legal robbery.

I don't get the infatuation with this guy at all!!!

not Crawford's fault... its on the Jones who are giving him charity money for being rag-dolled and knock around on his azz,..:thumbdown:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you could have a blank roster space that could put up zero stats.

And you wouldn't be getting stupid penalties either.

Again, don't try to sugar coat this absolute **** show.
I think you are reacting more out of a sense of a personal grievance against Crawford, which I don't understand, than out of logic. As bad as Crawford is - and he is bad - clearly there are football players in the world that are not as good, so that's not even a debatable point in a reasonable conversation.

I've clearly not supported Crawford as a player, so don't start in on the sugarcoating accusation. I haven't remotely indicated Crawford is a good player, and in conversations you and I have had in the past you know I would have cut him before we ever had to commit to his salary this year.

What I've indicated is there is no good choice - Crawford is bad, but there is nothing that will be gained by finding some other guy to pay and to fill the slot that all 32 teams couldn't find a spot for even with expanded rosters and practice squads. All I'm saying is we may as well pay the bum we are already obligated to pay because we aren't going to build anything through free agents like that in the midst of a dud season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you are reacting more out of a sense of a personal grievance against Crawford, which I don't understand, than out of logic. As bad as Crawford is - and he is bad - clearly there are football players in the world that are not as good, so that's not even a debatable point in a reasonable conversation.

And I'll drop some logic on you regarding your own tendencies. You don't like it when things go badly for the Cowboys. And you go to great lengths to make excuses and soften the blow. As you are trying to do in this case. It's is a common position of yours, whether you choose to admit it or not.

As for there being 'worse football players than Crawford', that's a pretty weak 'argument'. There are also plenty of 'better football player than Crawford' available. As well as rons of young players who could have upside that Crawford clearly doesn't. 'Bad' doesn't due Crawford's performance justice. He's doing NOTHING well, and he is, in fact, a total liability out there. Run over, run around, run through. He's not even recording stats at this point. There are guys on the street or on other teams practice squads that can do better. You know it and I know it.

I've clearly not supported Crawford as a player, so don't start in on the sugarcoating accusation. I haven't remotely indicated Crawford is a good player, and in conversations you and I have had in the past you know I would have cut him before we ever had to commit to his salary this year.

What I've indicated is there is no good choice - Crawford is bad, but there is nothing that will be gained by finding some other guy to pay and to fill the slot that all 32 teams couldn't find a spot for even with expanded rosters and practice squads. All I'm saying is we may as well pay the bum we are already obligated to pay because we aren't going to build anything through free agents like that in the midst of a dud season.

If you need a list of better candidates, I suggest checking out Spotrac or other sites that list available free agents. There are plenty. And as I've said repeatedly, a blank roster space can get me ZERO STATS, and at least they won't give me a 15-yard taunting penalty. This clown is actually a negative.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I'll drop some logic on you regarding your own tendencies. You don't like it when things go badly for the Cowboys. And you go to great lengths to make excuses and soften the blow. As you are trying to do in this case. It's is a common position of yours, whether you choose to admit it or not.

As for there being 'worse football players than Crawford', that's a pretty weak 'argument'. There are also plenty of 'better football player than Crawford' available. As well as rons of young players who could have upside that Crawford clearly doesn't. 'Bad' doesn't due Crawford's performance justice. He's doing NOTHING well, and he is, in fact, a total liability out there. Run over, run around, run through. He's not even recording stats at this point. There are guys on the street or on other teams practice squads that can do better. You know it and I know it.

If you need a list of better candidates, I suggest checking out Spotrac or other sites that list available free agents. There are plenty. And as I've said repeatedly, a blank roster space can get me ZERO STATS, and at least they won't give me a 15-yard taunting penalty. This clown is actually a negative.
I don't like it when things go badly for the Cowboys? lol. Well, there wouldn't be much point of being a Cowboy fan if I did.

As for your logic, that's not what you are using, you are speaking out of emotion. I have said, and you know I have said, I was baffled by Craword's contract from the beginning, that I didn't understand what the hell the Cowboys were thinking, and that I would have cut Crawford before the season.

We have had that conversation, and you know that to be true yet here you are saying that I am sugar coating and supporting Crawford by saying he should spend the remainder of his contract this year on the bench. Huh? All I've said is we have to pay him anyway, so why also pay another bum to do the same thing?

That's an unemotional response to the situation, and were I to react out of a misguided belief that I have some personal grievance that wouldn't somehow make a bad situation better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like it when things go badly for the Cowboys? lol. Well, there wouldn't be much point of being a Cowboy fan if I did.

As for your logic, that's not what you are using, you are speaking out of emotion. I have said, and you know I have said, I was baffled by Craword's contract from the beginning, that I didn't understand what the hell the Cowboys were thinking, and that I would have cut Crawford before the season.

We have had that conversation, and you know that to be true yet here you are saying that I am sugar coating and supporting Crawford by saying he should spend the remainder of his contract this year on the bench. Huh? All I've said is we have to pay him anyway, so why also pay another bum to do the same thing?

That's an unemotional response to the situation, and were I to react out of a misguided belief that I have some personal grievance that wouldn't somehow make a bad situation better.

I've said why, because you can use the snaps and the roster space for evaluation, which would better benefit this team in the long run - upside. If you're benching him, as you're suggesting, why waste the roster spot at all? Bring in a player who might show you something, for now and for the future. If you're benching Crawford, just cut the guy outright, you've already wasted the money, stop wasting the time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said why, because you can use the snaps and the roster space for evaluation, which would better benefit this team in the long run - upside. If you're benching him, as you're suggesting, why waste the roster spot at all? Bring in a player who might show you something, for now and for the future. If you're benching Crawford, just cut the guy outright, you've already wasted the money, stop wasting the time.

Do you really think a guy that 32 NFL saw zero value in putting even on expanded practice squads and who has been sitting at home or working at Walmart is going to get snaps?

That's why I said it doesn't matter. I wasn't fighting tooth and nail to keep Crawford, I was just saying that he is already getting paid so it is unlikely to benefit the team much by signing some other bum off the street. I don't see the controversy in that. Odds are pretty certain there would be no future benefit to the team either way.

As for why we would use a roster spot on a bench player, every team has depth on their rosters that spend most of their time on the bench. Having backup players isn't exactly an unusual concept. Odds are whoever they could sign off the street wouldn't even be worth a practice squad spot. The fact such a player doesn't currently have one already proves that's how NFL teams feel.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you really think a guy that 32 NFL saw zero value in putting even on expanded practice squads and who has been sitting at home or working at Walmart is going to get snaps?

Why not? Do you think that any team would sign Crawford based on his play this season and last, if Dallas cut him?

That's why I said it doesn't matter. I wasn't fighting tooth and nail to keep Crawford, I was just saying that he is already getting paid so it is unlikely to benefit the team much by signing some other bum off the street. I don't see the controversy in that. Odds are pretty certain there would be no future benefit to the team either way.

I think that's clearly false. As I've mentioned several times, the benefit is upside. The same upside that comes from playing other young guys in a lost season.

As for why we would use a roster spot on a bench player, every team has depth on their rosters that spend most of their time on the bench. Having backup players isn't exactly an unusual concept. Odds are whoever they could sign off the street wouldn't even be worth a practice squad spot. The fact such a player doesn't currently have one already proves that's how NFL teams feel.

I think your 'odds' are pretty skewed, and pretty screwed up. There are plenty of guys on the street that are clearly better than Crawford, but for some reason you want to close your eyes to that fact.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not? Do you think that any team would sign Crawford based on his play this season and last, if Dallas cut him?

I think that's clearly false. As I've mentioned several times, the benefit is upside. The same upside that comes from playing other young guys in a lost season.

I think your 'odds' are pretty skewed, and pretty screwed up. There are plenty of guys on the street that are clearly better than Crawford, but for some reason you want to close your eyes to that fact.
Why not? Are you really saying it's logical to think a guy sitting at home for months that couldn't even make an expanded practice squad would walk right, join the active roster and start playing meaningful snaps?

As for whether anyone would sign Crawford, that's irrelevant. The Cowboys don't have to sign Crawford. He's already on the team and getting paid regardless.

As for playing a guy like you are talking about for the upside just like other young guys, there really is a difference between guys that were draft picks or a team signed as an UDFA's and guys that not a single team thought was worth an expanded practice squad spot. You really can't treat those situations as if they are the same. Besides, Gallimore needs the snaps more than some bum nobody wanted, and we also have Eli Ankou and Hamilton as young guys that need developmental snaps. And, of course, Woods will still likely be with Dallas next year. Beyond that anyone would just be a placeholder until next year.

But hell, if the team decides to go that route, again, I don't think it's a big deal. Whether Crawford or a bum off the street it's still just filling a spot until the end of the year.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not? Are you really saying it's logical to think a guy sitting at home for months that couldn't even make an expanded practice squad would walk right, join the active roster and start playing meaningful snaps?

Not only can it happen, it already has happened. Justin Hamilton has better stats in just three games than Crawford has for the season, and he was on this team's practice squad.

So, yeah...

As for whether anyone would sign Crawford, that's irrelevant. The Cowboys don't have to sign Crawford. He's already on the team and getting paid regardless.

No, it's completely relevant, you just don't like the obvious answer.

As for playing a guy like you are talking about for the upside just like other young guys, there really is a difference between guys that were draft picks or priority UDFA's and guys that not a single team thought was worth an expanded practice squad spot. You really can't treat those situations as if they are the same. Besides, Gallimore needs the snaps more than some bum nobody wanted, and we already have Woods, Hamilton and they new guy they just traded for, so where do the snaps come from?

But hell, if the team decides to go that route, again, I don't think it's a big deal. Whether Crawford or a bum off the street it's still just filling a spot until the end of the year.

And I see the difference between using time to scout and evaluate and wasting even more of it on Crawford. The wasted money is already wasted. But I'm nit going to compound the error by not using the time given to me for evaluation. The jury is already in on Crawford. He's a waste of money and time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only can it happen, it already has happened. Justin Hamilton has better stats in just three games than Crawford has for the season, and he was on this team's practice squad.

So, yeah...

No, it's completely relevant, you just don't like the obvious answer.

And I see the difference between using time to scout and evaluate and wasting even more of it on Crawford. The wasted money is already wasted. But I'm nit going to compound the error by not using the time given to me for evaluation. The jury is already in on Crawford. He's a waste of money and time.
Hamilton was signed back in January to a reserve/future contract, and then was put on the practice squad until he was put on the active roster. Again, that's very different from a guy who has been sitting on his couch or working another job the last 3+ months and who 32 teams decided wasn't even worth a spot on an expanded practice squad.

As I said in an earlier post, I understand your point, but the reality is the odds of getting production or development potential from someone picked up mid season that no team wanted even on an expanded practice squad is next to zero. If the team wants to take a chance on it, it's no skin off my nose, I just think it's very close to 100% certain that a guy like that isn't going to matter one iota or be as good as even a bad player on the current roster.

If you disagree, so be it. We will agree to disagree.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Poor Crawford. We’ve had at least 1,000 new threads saying he must go.
Sadly, no matter how many new threads saying the same thing, he has zero chance of catching Dak for number of threads. Sorry, Crawford....our fans are trying.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor Crawford. We’ve had at least 1,000 new threads saying he must go.
Sadly, no matter how many new threads saying the same thing, he has zero chance of catching Dak for number of threads. Sorry, Crawford....our fans are trying.

Does the truth hurt?
:huh:

tenor.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just read he has 1 tackle through 5 games

The Cowboys best showing on defense this season was in the Eagles game and Crawford played by far the most snaps that he has played this season.

It is ugly when he gets blown up by double teams but on an overall game basis he somehow manages to be more effective than other interior DLine players on the Cowboys roster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys best showing on defense this season was in the Eagles game and Crawford played by far the most snaps that he has played this season.

It is ugly when he gets blown up by double teams but on an overall game basis he somehow manages to be more effective than other interior DLine players on the Cowboys roster.

No evidence for this, other than the increased snap count. If anything it makes it look worse that he played so many snaps and still managed to put up zero statistics whatsoever.

The fact is that the team has no choice but to play him. McCoy was hurt before the season. Hill was lost for the year. Dontari Poe was cut. This is a clear example of playing time by attrition, nothing more.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Crawford gets paid 4 million per tackle. Pretty good work if you can get it.