Crayton Strikes Again: Tomlin amused by comments

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tomlin: Cowboys comments 'funny'

December 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin apparently doesn't accept early Christmas gifts, as the Dallas Cowboys have put it this week.

In the aftermath of Sunday's 20-13 comeback victory over Dallas, a Cowboys player told reporters "Christmas came early for the Steelers." Initial reports had the quote attributed to tight end Jason Witten, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley clarified Monday that it was receiver Patrick Crayton who made the statement.

Either way, Tomlin was amused by the comments during his weekly press conference Tuesday.

"That's just guys talking," Tomlin said. "That's funny to me. When the clock strikes zero, you either got more points than your opponents or you don't. We could have said the same thing about our Indianapolis game but we didn't. We acknowledge that we didn't finish the job. That's what winning is about, particularly winning in December."

And winning in the final month of the season is something the Steelers have done well. Pittsburgh is 16-5 in December since 2004.

Dallas, on the other hand, continues to give out early Christmas gifts in December, as it has for much of this decade.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I just wish these guys would win SOMETHING before acting like idiots.

MrMom

Reaction score
Crayton grates on my nerves.

*Cue the Crayton crowd..."I love me some Crayton!"

JerryFan

Reaction score
Tomlin is right. Ifs, ands, and buts mean jack crap. Did we gift wrap it for them? YES, but it's doesn't mean jack cause we came out on the wrong end of the score board. Just win and thats all that matters.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it was probably in response to the stupid, "oh timeout, oh, it pissed us off and we won the game because of it wah wah wah" crap Pittsburgh players were spewing

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Funny though that the doting local Pitt media would even ask him about that. These days with a million mikes in front of these guys after games, probably every team has one guy who makes a comment like that after losing a heartbreaker like that. Is it really worthy of bringing up to the coach, other than as the ultimate softball?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2478491 said:
Shut up and catch a ball Patrick...oh wait youre invisible...

Sigh.... Crayton reminds me of two old shows.... "The Six Million Dollar Man"(signing bonus) and "The Invisible Man"

What a combo?!!:banghead:

bigE79

Reaction score
bull**** tomlin...after the colts game all you did was make excuses...MORON

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2478486 said:
When the clock strikes zero, you either got more points than your opponents or you don't.

Tomlin, Tomlin. Is it so hard to accept gifts ?

I think it was really clear that your team was trailing to the better team for more then 3/4 of the game. Your team won and you can be proud because of that but it's not like the better team always wins ("has more points at the end"). Even Aikman said at the end of the third quater that your defense right know doesn't have a clue what the cowboys are throwing at them or what to do against it.

Your team has pulled out a lucky win. Get over it and face the facts.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2478491 said:
Shut up and catch a ball Patrick...oh wait youre invisible...

well maybe if someone THREW the ball near him (as opposed to 3 picks inside your own 20). LOL.

Patrick is correct, makes more sense then our lame duck coaches.

notherbob

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2478545 said:
We did give that game away.....

The coaches on both sides of the ball gave that game away when they went conservative and wussy on offense with eight minutes to go and let the Steelers off the hook with their idiotic prevent defense.

The Cowboys coaches are a bunch of driveling idiots who don't deserve to win anything and certainly won't as long as they stay the mindlessively passive way they are.

They are fit only to conduct choir practice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton just said what I and alot of people on here believe and posted, so I can't blast him for that.

And what Tomlin said was equally right. At the end of the day, it's all about who has more point when the clock strikes 0:00.

I don't have a problem with either guy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
notherbob;2478613 said:
The coaches on both sides of the ball gave that game away when they went conservative and wussy on offense with eight minutes to go and let the Steelers off the hook with their idiotic prevent defense.

The Cowboys coaches are a bunch of driveling idiots who don't deserve to win anything and certainly won't as long as they stay the mindlessively passive way they are.

They are fit only to conduct choir practice.

:lmao2::lmao:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2478504 said:
it was probably in response to the stupid, "oh timeout, oh, it pissed us off and we won the game because of it wah wah wah" crap Pittsburgh players were spewing

I think you got it, and they knew Crayton would say something in response.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2478623 said:
Crayton just said what I and alot of people on here believe and posted, so I can't blast him for that.

And what Tomlin said was equally right. At the end of the day, it's all about who has more point when the clock strikes 0:00.

I don't have a problem with either guy.

:hammer:

If you don't believe we gave that game away, there is something seriously wrong with you. But it is what the scoreboard says at 0:00.