CFZ Crazy Bad Cowboys trends and stats

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are some absolutely crazy bad stats and trends involving the Cowboys that are killing us:
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 10 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.
  • The Cowboys were perfect in the red zone Sun night vs the Bucs- 0-0. In fact the deepest the Cowboys got the entire game Sunday was the Tampa 31.
  • The Cowboys are 1-4 in their last 5 home games going back to last year.
  • The Cowboys have not won a Thanksgiving Day game since 2018 and are 5-8 in their last 13 Turkey Day games.
  • Since the Denver loss last November, the Cowboys are 6-6 with only one win against a team with a winning record- We beat Filly last game of the season last year when they rested all their starters.
  • Zeke’s last 100 yard rushing game was Oct 10, 2021 vs the giants. He had two 100 yard rushing games in 2021.
Maybe we shouldn’t have been so shocked at how bad we played Sunday.

Look I’m not posting this to put salt in our wounds. I’m just pointing out that this team has not performed that well since about halfway through 2021.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
That was their very first drive and they didn't get any closer the rest of the game. And people wonder why we complain about the overpaid QB.
Right now it feels like everyone bar Parsons and the rookies is overpaid, coaches included.
I don't think the blame for the current s$#*show can be attributed to just 1 person. There are many that are not fit for duty.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Here are some absolutely crazy bad stats and trends involving the Cowboys that are killing us:
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 10 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.
  • The Cowboys were perfect in the red zone Sun night vs the Bucs- 0-0. In fact the deepest the Cowboys got the entire game Sunday was the Tampa 31.
  • The Cowboys have not won a Thanksgiving Day game since 2018 and are 5-8 in their last 13 Turkey Day games.
  • Since the Denver loss last November, the Cowboys are 6-6 with only one win against a team with a winning record- We beat Filly last game of the season last year when they rested all their starters.
  • Zeke’s last 100 yard rushing game was Oct 10, 2021 vs the giants. He had two 100 yard rushing games in 2021.

Look I’m not posting this to put salt in our wounds. I’m just pointing out that this team has not performed that well since about halfway through 2021.

The mediocrity of the Cowboys has been masked for *years* by playing in the NFC Least.

Woohoo! 12-5 last year! Hot stuff!

But 6-5 outside the NFC Least. 6-5 against the real NFL.
6-6 counting the first round humiliation in the playoffs.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Seems like those type of stats are par for the course with a Jerry Jones run team. The definition of mediocrity is the Dallas Cowboys. How Jerry still gets treated like a rock star from some fans is disgusting.

Blackrain

Reaction score

I'm going to throw in another crazy bad trend last year we were the most penalized team in the NFL with 127 penalties.

This year we've started off the same way with 10 penalties in our first game. At a rate like this we would have 170 penalties this year which would probably make us the most penalized team again.

Absolutely unacceptable when the coaching staff said we were going to work on this and we have had no improvement other than the fact none of them were on the defense but then again a real coach coaches the defense who is obviously making it a priority in his world.

Brax

Reaction score
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 11 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.

Thanks for all the good news really appreciate it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Facts matter......

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

The offense is in a free-fall. Kellen appears out of his depth and unable to adapt. Dak looked like a deer in headlights. The OL is still compromised and the running game is still unreliable.

When defenses know what we are doing, and our HC says he is not taking over the offense because he doesn’t know it (let that sink in)… then we should simply expect the product on the field to resemble precisely what we saw on Sunday.

This franchise is broken from the top down, no doubt. But the coaches and players deserve plenty of blame for this crap-show as well. We are up Crap Creek without a paddle, a boat, or even a nose plug to block out the stench.

Good times! Cowboys!

75boyz

Reaction score
  • Cedee Lamb hasn’t caught a TD pass since week 10 of last year- Nov 14th, 2021 vs Atl. He’s now gone 11 straight games including last year’s playoff game and the opener Sun w/out a TD.

Yep, definitely not a good pattern of team behavior to continue down.

But wait...Number 1 2021 Offense! (Sarcasm Extreme)

And then there's that little word called context.

It's a foreign word to most of the stat guys here, lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This entire downfall falls directly in line with the state of the Oline. The Oline went from top 10 to bottom 10 right around the Denver game as soon as Tyron went down and the musical chairs started.

Is it any wonder that Dak looks bad, Zeke looks bad, Cooper looked bad, Lamb looks bad?

Football isnt difficult and offense is even easier to understand. You dont have an oline, you have no offense. Everyone is sitting around blaming the player they hate the most. The truth is its none of them. Its the Oline.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This entire downfall falls directly in line with the state of the Oline. The Oline went from top 10 to bottom 10 right around the Denver game as soon as Tyron went down and the musical chairs started.

Is it any wonder that Dak looks bad, Zeke looks bad, Cooper looked bad, Lamb looks bad?

Football isnt difficult and offense is even easier to understand. You dont have an oline, you have no offense. Everyone is sitting around blaming the player they hate the most. The truth is its none of them. Its the Oline.
Crazy when you consider that 40% of that line is going to the HOF.

Comes down to coaching, and serious regress since MMs buddy took over the OL.

But that's what we end up with.....inferior coaching because of the owners ego.

bigE79

Reaction score
Right now it feels like everyone bar Parsons and the rookies is overpaid, coaches included.
I don't think the blame for the current s$#*show can be attributed to just 1 person. There are many that are not fit for duty.
And Zack...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

All the trends are going in the wrong direction.
This franchise has serious issues.
The problems start at the top and filter down.