Cris Carter reacts to Dak expects Cowboys to "pay what's deserved"- FTF

starcity214

Reaction score
But it isn’t easy to find a QB that plays at the level of Dak.

It’s not easy. And a ton of QB’s, taken highly never play at he level Dak has thus far.

You act like QB’s who play at Dak’s level are drafted in the 4th all the time. It doesn’t happen often at all.

What level would that be?

The 29th ranked passing attack ?

Sure the team wins, but when you have a top 5 defense a top 5 rushing attack and the 29th ranked passing attack, I would hardly say the QB was irreplaceable..

For those that say we are a "run first team" go look at what Goff's stats look like this year..
Heck, go back and see what Romo did in 2014.
With teams focusing on the running game, life should be easier for the QB but Dak still manages to struggle!

I'm sure we could find a Tyrod Taylor and be at least be as productive as Dak is in this offense. You don't see teams backing up the Brinks truck to sign guys like Taylor, Keenum, and other game manager and there's a reason.

The ONLY thing Dak had going for him was that he was a leader and his teammates backed him up but I wonder how his teammates feel about him now after the Brady comments..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What level would that be?

The 29th ranked passing attack ?

Sure the team wins, but when you have a top 5 defense a top 5 rushing attack and the 29th ranked passing attack, I would hardly say the QB was irreplaceable..

For those that say we are a "run first team" go look at what Goff's stats look like this year..
Heck, go back and see what Romo did in 2014.
With teams focusing on the running game, life should be easier for the QB but Dak still manages to struggle!

I'm sure we could find a Tyrod Taylor and be at least be as productive as Dak is in this offense. You don't see teams backing up the Brinks truck to sign guys like Taylor, Keenum, and other game manager and there's a reason.

The ONLY thing Dak had going for him was that he was a leader and his teammates backed him up but I wonder how his teammates feel about him now after the Brady comments..
They don't give one shiv bud. I Men's Wearhouse it.

starcity214

Reaction score
Team game. Lots of players "helped this team". Dak's main contribution has been to the salary cap.

But soon, it's a choice between 20 million in cap plus a top of 4th vs. Dak. The option for our cheapo QB is running out.

People have to stop acting like keeping Dak will maintain a status quo. It will actually be a 20 million cap hit *relative* to the status quo.

BINGO!!

Why can't people understand this?!

If you pay Dak (or any other QB) that much, the team will have to go cheap elsewhere!!

So, when we have a bottom third defense again (salary cap issues you can't pay everyone) do you guys honestly expect Dak to keep us in games against the high flying offenses in the NFL? Lol

Dak needs a defense to keep it close. Just look at Alex Smith, who is good when it's close, but it's a guaranteed loss if it gets to a two possession game..

There is no upside to paying Dak.

This is as good a team as he will have and it still wasn't good enough.

Corso

Reaction score
BINGO!!

If you pay Dak (or any other QB) that much, the team will have to go cheap elsewhere!!

So, when we have a bottom third defense again (salary cap issues you can't pay everyone) do you guys honestly expect Dak to keep us in games against the high flying offenses in the NFL? Lol

Dak needs a defense to keep it close. Just look at Alex Smith, who is good when it's close, but it's a guaranteed loss if it gets to a two possession game..

There is no upside to paying Dak.

Lol... You're like @Redball Express evil twin.
I love it!

Corso

Reaction score
Umm..

I don't know if that's a good thing or not lol

I'm not evil bro, I would just hate for this team to be unwatchable for the next 10 years that's all.
I spoke metaphorically, my good friend.
You guys seem opposite, with him being of more benevolent spirit.

Both you guy are Aces in my book. And I see both of your viewpoints.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You all right, this is a forum of discussions and opinions, Steelers dont play with players and contracts, Bell held out and the Steelers didn't blink, so your right Bell held out, Brown will be shipped out of town soon. Its not a contract its the mentality, the team is bigger than any one player. Read my post, Im in favor of paying DAK he deserves it, he is gonna get paid, but how much is the questions.

Still like Teddy better that DAK and would love to see him behind the Dallas OL with all the weapons.
TB CAREER STATS THE BIG ONES IE TD VS INT 29TD 23INTS :lmao2::lmao::facepalm::muttley: NEXT DAKS SO BAD I WANT THE NEXT GUY REGARDLESS OF HIS CAREERS IS SO FAR BELOW DAKS RIGHT NOW..keep on keeping on bro.. I know Daks still a work in progress but compared to TB hes elite lol TB looks like a career backup as fas as his numbers go

http://www.nfl.com/player/teddybridgewater/2543465/careerstats

so bring him in sure as Daks backup and for insurance..

Dak stats in 3 full years no injury to teddy 5 but missed 2, so all things being equal lets just call it 3 years for both Dak has 67td to 25int

oh and BTW the line was in shambles here first half of last year and most of 2017 dont act like Daks been playing clean.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/careerstats

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What if he ***** the bed this year? Is he going to be ok being paid what he deserves?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I think it's another lesson the league is learning. Those contracts are out of hand. Teams are paying decent quarterbacks like Cousins huge money and messing up their caps and not seeing the appropriate returns. I know it's the most valuable commodity in sports, but the team that does it in a better way will reap huge advantages. Like the Patriots and Brady, year after year, after year.

But Dak said he is not married to a model like pretty boy.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Alex Smith got 94 Million over 4 years, 27MM on signing and 71MM guaranteed. Dak would get offers and they would be sizable.
It would be worth calling his bluff, similar to Garrett, he would discover that his open market value is negligible, nobody believes that either would be the missing piece to thier franchise.

Fire407

Reaction score
I still can't judge Dak until I see him with a different head coach. Too bad a decision has to be made before a coaching change.

EST_1986

Reaction score
A thank you card and a one way bus ticket back to Mississippi is what’s deserved

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Alex Smith got 94 Million over 4 years, 27MM on signing and 71MM guaranteed. Dak would get offers and they would be sizable.

Smith got that after 5 solid years in KC. If Dallas gave Dak a comparable offer after 2 more seasons of productive play, I could live with it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If we can land a top 5 pick in the next 2 years it would be great.

My take is don't compete against ourselves with Dak.

Let him hit the open market if he won't sign for 18-20 mill. If someone gives him a big contract then let them have him.

You have to play a very specific brand of football with Dak and with all of the teams wanting to be pass happy and not commit as many resources to Oline and RB I don't think Dak will have anyone paying a lot of money for his services. If they do then so be it.

We can easily sign a vet and get the mediocre play he provides while trying to draft. Or just completely tank and get one of these QB's coming up in the next couple of drafts.

dallas plays two types of offense. The ball control offense that not only limits dak but Elliot and cooper. Then the uptempo pace that teams just can’t stop. We have seen this over and over again in daks 3 seasons. But it seemed like an only went to the uptempo In desperate situations

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
BINGO!!

People often just don't account for the cheap money years of the rookie contract compared to free agent money. Those years don't last forever.

fansince68

Reaction score
Contracts are based on projected performance in the future. Not what has been done in the past. Do we expect Dak to play to the level of 25 million a year? Has he met his ceiling? Is he working hard ON HIS OWN TIME to get better at his craft? Off season workouts start in Apr. His off season trainer (not named Kellen Moore) is busy working with Dak, reading Daks film and other QB's film, and the film of defenses that Dak will face in 2019? Lots to consider, I hope we wait and see what Dak can do in 2019. No need to jump the gun on him UNLESS he is a generational talent like Zeke, Tyreek HIll, Mahomes.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Team game. Lots of players "helped this team". Dak's main contribution has been to the salary cap.

But soon, it's a choice between 20 million in cap plus a top of 4th vs. Dak. The option for our cheapo QB is running out.

People have to stop acting like keeping Dak will maintain a status quo. It will actually be a 20 million cap hit *relative* to the status quo.

You do realize that Dak will just take the place of Romo's salary right?

In fact, that is a great idea! Whatever Romo's percentage of the cap the last three years should just go to Dak. There, problem solved!!

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
the rate QBs are paid I'd rather just cycle out QBs every 4 years through the draft and keep the support around the QB at a high level so that we can overrate "our guy" when we win and have short term memory when we lose.

And there it is. I was truly waiting for it somewhere. I have only heard this exact same argument said about certain QBs from their fanbases.

I have never heard the Raiders, Colts, Lions, Bengals, Falcons, 49ers (with JG), Eagles, Titans, Bears, Rams, Commanders (with Cousins), or even the Dolphins with Tannehill make this argument. Carr, Luck, Stafford, Dalton, Ryan, Wentz, Mariota, Trubisky, Goff etc. fanbase always wanted to pay them - often times whatever it took - instead of drafting a new QB every 4 years.

Never have I heard those fan bases wanting to get rid of their young QB and draft a new one every 4 years, and keep the rest of the team together. It was always -- lock him up for the next 15 years!!

But I have heard your exact same argument from Seahawks, 49ers (with Kaepernick), Panthers, Bucs, Commanders (with RGIII), Texans, and Buffalo fans as it related to Wilson, Newton, Winston, Watson, and Taylor....and now Prescott. I wonder what it could be about the former vs the later that cause fans to react so differently when it comes time to extend their young QB? Something tells me that when the time comes for Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield, especially, that their fan base will be in the former group...and Lamar Jackson (and Dwayne Haskins) fan bases will be in the latter.

It truly like clockwork...

Actually, I have heard OTHER fanbases apply this argument to Dalton, and more recently Goff...but never their local fanbase.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It would be worth calling his bluff, similar to Garrett, he would discover that his open market value is negligible, nobody believes that either would be the missing piece to thier franchise.

Would calling Dak's bluff be worth three years of the Cooper Rush era?