Cris Carter reacts to Dak expects Cowboys to "pay what's deserved"- FTF

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Even before TFred and Smith got their contracts you knew you were going to get a great player whenever the time was right for an extension, regardless of any other player next to them.

Can people say with an honest, straight face that they feel the same way about Dak? I get the impression that people say to themselves, "as long as he has Cooper, Zeke, an O-line, the run game priority and a proven QB coach then hell yeah pay him!" and that is where the problem is.

Really? Show me ONE SINGLE QB other than Tom Brady(who's got the best coach of all time) that doesn't need a solid team around them to perform and a decent coaching staff...every single QB needs pieces around him. This kind of talk that makes it seem like a young QB should carry his entire team on his back or he's a scrub is asinine.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak is no Aikman lol Sometimes Dak can't hit the side of a barn. Aikman would throw a dart that stuck to your chest.

True, but as I said, YOU started off the conversation with Dak's 0 and 1 td game stats. I was just noting that those stats don't tell the story, as you and I both know. If you feel that Dak doesn't have the accuracy and "in the moment" abilities, that's correct (at this point), but bringing up Dak's stats didn't say anything about that.

We don't disagree on the relative quarterbacks abilities (again, at this point, we'll probably know for sure this year or maybe the next if Dak can improve), just don't need stats to show that...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
When Aikman played, there was no salary cap.

Why can't you understand this?

Who says I don't? And where in your original comment is there anything about the cap? ALL you said was that 0 and 1 td games didn't make Dak a franchise quarterback.

Quit changing the subject...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Really? Show me ONE SINGLE QB other than Tom Brady(who's got the best coach of all time) that doesn't need a solid team around them to perform and a decent coaching staff...every single QB needs pieces around him. This kind of talk that makes it seem like a young QB should carry his entire team on his back or he's a scrub is asinine.

Why exclude Brady? They have never won without a good team around him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
True, but as I said, YOU started off the conversation with Dak's 0 and 1 td game stats. I was just noting that those stats don't tell the story, as you and I both know. If you feel that Dak doesn't have the accuracy and "in the moment" abilities, that's correct (at this point), but bringing up Dak's stats didn't say anything about that.

We don't disagree on the relative quarterbacks abilities (again, at this point, we'll probably know for sure this year or maybe the next if Dak can improve), just don't need stats to show that...

It's pretty absurd to grab stats from almost 30 years ago to counter his point.

I mean in 69-70 Len Dawson had 9 TDs in 8 games and 13 Interceptions and they won a Superbowl. So who needs a QB who throws a lot of TDs or doesn't throw picks, right? That would totally work today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve much. That's where the problem will be.

The players around him deserve more money then he does since they are making him better and he isn't making anyone better.
I gave you a like, but you are only wrong on one account.
Dak made Cooper better as soon as he was signed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I gave you a like, but you are only wrong on one account.
Dak made Cooper better as soon as he was signed.

Cooper has gone to 2 pro bowls before he was a Cowboy.

I think the attention Zeke gets and the matchups it provides for someone like Cooper made him better more then Dak.

In fact I think Derek Carr would be much better here as well. Probably better then Dak or at least equal.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's pretty absurd to grab stats from almost 30 years ago to counter his point.

I mean in 69-70 Len Dawson had 9 TDs in 8 games and 13 Interceptions and they won a Superbowl. So who needs a QB who throws a lot of TDs or doesn't throw picks, right? That would totally work today.

Please review ALL the posts on this matter. The ORIGINAL post ONLY stated that because Dak had 0 tds and only 1 td in a certain number of games, he wasn't a franchise quarterback. MY reply was that Aikman had similar stats in 1992 yet the team won a SB. MEANING THAT STATS ALONE DON'T TELL THE STORY.

I did not quote stats to show that the game is the same or that you don't need to throw tds to win these days.

Somebody quotes cherry picked stats on Dak, and says NOTHING else, and then tries to say that's not what he was talking about.

Sheesh, these kinds of posts would make me tear my hair out, if I had any to spare.

But even IF I was saying you don't need to throw more than 0 and 1 td to win games, WHICH I WAS NOT SAYING, my opinion should be respected, as I respect others. We all have ONLY our opinions, which in the lack of a poster being a current or ex-NFL coach, scout, player or other person attached to the NFL, is all that they are. NOBODY here has all the answers or is necessarily correct in what they post, no matter what they think....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Please review ALL the posts on this matter. The ORIGINAL post ONLY stated that because Dak had 0 tds and only 1 td in a certain number of games, he wasn't a franchise quarterback. MY reply was that Aikman had similar stats in 1992 yet the team won a SB. MEANING THAT STATS ALONE DON'T TELL THE STORY.

I did not quote stats to show that the game is the same or that you don't need to throw tds to win these days.

Somebody quotes cherry picked stats on Dak, and says NOTHING else, and then tries to say that's not what he was talking about.

Sheesh, these kinds of posts would make me tear my hair out, if I had any to spare.

But even IF I was saying you don't need to throw more than 0 and 1 td to win games, WHICH I WAS NOT SAYING, my opinion should be respected, as I respect others. We all have ONLY our opinions, which in the lack of a poster being a current or ex-NFL coach, scout, player or other person attached to the NFL, is all that they are. NOBODY here has all the answers or is necessarily correct in what they post, no matter what they think....

I saw his post, but your Aikman argument is still silly. His argument was relative to the game today, not 30 years ago.