Cris Carter reacts to Dak expects Cowboys to "pay what's deserved"- FTF

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm just saying it's easy to find a mediocre QB. We found one ourselves in the 4th round.

Don't pay mediocrity big money.

But it isn’t easy to find a QB that plays at the level of Dak.

It’s not easy. And a ton of QB’s, taken highly never play at he level Dak has thus far.

You act like QB’s who play at Dak’s level are drafted in the 4th all the time. It doesn’t happen often at all.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
NFL football 101 Dak.......fans hate hearing NFL players talk about money/contracts. Let your agent handle it. Stay out of it......
It's Ok to think it

But you never criticize someone about their wife being successful.

It's a little sexist.

And singling out Brady makes DAK labeled as a hater of the situation.

Terrible comment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But it isn’t easy to find a QB that plays at the level of Dak.

It’s not easy. And a ton of QB’s, taken highly never play at he level Dak has thus far.

You act like QB’s who play at Dak’s level are drafted in the 4th all the time. It doesn’t happen often at all.

It's easier now days to find a QB that can play at Daks level.

Elliot and above average Oline play will get most QB's producing similar to Dak.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Can't fault Dak for thinking he's worth some huge deal. He's only ever played for a team that supports and encourages mediocrity.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What do you expect Prescott to say? "Well I'm not that good, I'd say I'm only worth about $15 million or so"?

When does anyone who's negotiating for, or about to negotiate for, a raise start low and work their way up?

No you start by asking for more than you expect to get or what you think you'd accept or what you think you're worth.

Much ado about nothing...
Well..

You do not go where he did about someone's wife.

That is private thought that should never be made public.

The dude is single.

Wait till he meets the woman he wants.

She is going to review his statements I can assure you.

You don't negotiate your contract using another QBs wife as leverage.

Idiot boy.

Not nearly as sophisticated as I would hope for socially.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I definitely believe he deserves to get paid more than what he is getting paid now, no doubt. But he needs to chill out. Many here would say I'm a Dak fan, but he's doing the most. This is giving him bad cred and usually I try to defend him, but I cannot defend him for this.

He deserves 16-22 mil at best. If he somehow steps out as a tier 1 QB next season, sure pay him 25 mil, maybe a little more, but I doubt it's going to happen. Many others on that team that help make him need to get paid too. He needs to realize what he is. He isn't Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, or Mahomes or anything like that. He's average (which is fine).

However, I'm against big contracts for QB's in the first place. Giving them big contracts messes up the entire team. The Vikings contract for Cousins has messed up a lot of future contracts for QB's in the league.

Dak has a good head on his shoulders and is usually smart in situations like these. I really hope he realizes that people like Zeke and Amari and his defense raise the team to elite levels too.
well if your business and your money was being discussed in public 24/7 365 and the mouths on media and internet are telling you what he should do or take or what you were worth, you might snap back to,..its noones business or place to really discuss this or make those decsions, thats between Dak and Jerry..thats it..so put yourselves in his shoes and what he reads and hears daily and see if you dont get defensive..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes and while he's been durable, if Dak is as smart as I think he is (or his agent/advisors/family is/are), Dak will realize it's better to accept a lesser amount and guarantee (with conservative investments) a comfortable life for the rest of his years. And with a 4 year contract, he'd still be only 30 years old an in the prime of his football career. A few really good years and maybe (dare we hope?) a SB title, by that time he'd be able to command probably $40 mil a year, easily. And if he doesn't do well, the lesser amount is more than he's really worth, and who doesn't like being paid that?

I expect we'll see a contract for between $23-25 million with maybe $35 mil guaranteed....
He’ll get 30millon+. Get use to it. It’s going to happen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
well if your business and your money was being discussed in public 24/7 365 and the mouths on media and internet are telling you what he should do or take or what you were worth, you might snap back to,..its noones business or place to really discuss this or make those decsions, thats between Dak and Jerry..thats it..so put yourselves in his shoes and what he reads and hears daily and see if you dont get defensive..

It's every fan of footballs business what he makes as long as there is a salary cap.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yes and while he's been durable, if Dak is as smart as I think he is (or his agent/advisors/family is/are), Dak will realize it's better to accept a lesser amount and guarantee (with conservative investments) a comfortable life for the rest of his years.

Totally agree. You also have to factor in that he will make more money in endorsement deals as the QB of the Cowboys than he would in small markets like Minnesota or Denver.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That's why I am starting to dislike Dak as a person. I've never heard Brady talk like that.

You could read Brady's comments about it, but he destroyed his cell phone before anyone could read the texts.

Sorry, too easy.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dumb comment on Dak.

As far as what he'll get or deserves, he'll get 25-28m and that's what he deserves. People look at other qbs contracts but don't take into consideration when those QBs signed them contracts and what they would get now if they got a contract . Also, they don't take into consideration the % of the cap the contract is.

People who think 20m or less are living in la la land .

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's every fan of footballs business what he makes as long as there is a salary cap.
indirectly yes , you do NOT own stock at all in the Dallas Cowboys, you have zero say, period..you opinion doesnt matter, its all internet banter

but you arent going to tell grown man what hes worth and how much money he should take..if someone did that to you you'd be defensive...period , he had right to say what he said and Jerry and he will work out what that number means, "what he deserves and worth etc" wil be what they agree upon..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
indirectly yes , you do NOT own stock at all in the Dallas Cowboys, you have zero say, period..you opinion doesnt matter, its all internet banter

but you arent going to tell grown man what hes worth and how much money he should take..if someone did that to you you'd be defensive...period , he had right to say what he said and Jerry and he will work out what that number means, "what he deserves and worth etc" wil be what they agree upon..

The voices of the media and fans grow loud. So saying our opinion doesn't matter is just wrong. Jerry could do something stupid but he is listening to what everyone is saying including the opinions of the fans and media.

As long as there is a salary cap and how much money someone makes effecting your overall team then you will get opinions.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My question is from who? Miami, Baltimore, Tampa?

That contract was a big mistake too.

Hopefully the NFL is learning their lesson by giving these QB's stupid money.

If not then they can just lose or be mediocre while the teams with cheap QB's win.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I'd let him hit the open market.

There is no way he would leave Dallas and I don't think there would be a big market for Dak Prescott.

No need to compete against ourselves on this one. Pay him top dollar according to the market and if some team is dumb enough to give him a huge contract then let him walk.
I believe you are letting your personal feelings for Dak cloud your judgement here.

If there was a big market for Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garapplo, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning, all non-Top-Tier QBs who all signed for $20 million a year or more, then IMO, Dak can easily make $20+ million a year just off his winning percentage alone.

One could also add Matt Stafford, Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton to the list of other QBs that are of higher quality of the list above, but still not Top-Tier QBs that make $20+ million a year.

While Dallas does not have a Rodgers, Brady, Brees or even Mahomes, they are in a much better position, QB wise, than the vast majority of NFL teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The voices of the media and fans grow loud. So saying our opinion doesn't matter is just wrong. Jerry could do something stupid but he is listening to what everyone is saying including the opinions of the fans and media.

As long as there is a salary cap and how much money someone makes effecting your overall team then you will get opinions.
wow miss the point much>? I aid DAK had every right to snap beck or get defensive to those trying to tell him what eh should do with his contract..in that case its noones business to TELL him he should take discount or less money..absolutly not, we can debate it here all we want but when people comment in the media about it , for sure he has aright to get defensive..

superonyx

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve much. That's where the problem will be.

The players around him deserve more money then he does since they are making him better and he isn't making anyone better.
He made A Cooper better.
Beasley had 2 of his best years in his career with Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course this.
Not even sure why it would be debated.

Having said that, I do think Dak will get paid.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If there was a big market for Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garapplo, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning, all non-Top-Tier QBs who all signed for $20 million a year or more, then IMO, Dak can easily make $20+ million a year just off his winning percentage alone. .

My point is to learn from all of these other stupid teams mistake and not make the same one because they were foolish enough to.