Video: Cris on Dak Prescott: 'If you think Dak would be great anywhere, you're crazy'

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Why is this controversial? The Cowboys did a terrific thing: they put in place the perfect situation to allow a young QB to develop to the absolute best of his ability. And Dak has thrived in that environment. Put him in Cleveland and good luck to him.

Dak's ceiling is all Dak. Being on the Cowboys puts him in a position to reach whatever that ceiling is, and that ceiling looks really really high.
What was David Carr's ceiling? I have no idea, but he never had a chance to reach it because he spent all his time running for his life behind Houston's horrible line.
I don't think it's controversial. It's just stupid that it keeps only being brought up in regards to Dak. I don't know if it's just because of where he was drafted, or what, but there are some people that just can't seem to wrap there heads around Dak being this good.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Couldn't disagree with you more. Dak was extremely accurate as the season went on and he has been even better in preseason. He had an off game. I blame the coaching staff for not keeping it simple and passing too much inside the 20 and especially when you had first and goal from the three. Just run the ball. Not worried or concerned at all about Daks accuracy. Did you see Eli?

I'm not pointing this at you because I understand what you're saying, but this "off game" argument is great. If an off game is what Dak did Sunday, I think that makes the point he's becoming an elite QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
By this logic, Matt Cassel, Brandon Sweden and Kellen Moore should be closing in on Hall of Fame careers. Well, maybe not Moore. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
whenever someone says anyone can play behind that o line all u have to say is

Weeden
Cassell
Moore
Sanchez

Romo and dak have been the only ones to show great success. Yes, that line helps a young qb a lot. But if a qb sucks...he sucks.
:clap:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think it's controversial. It's just stupid that it keeps only being brought up in regards to Dak. I don't know if it's just because of where he was drafted, or what, but there are some people that just can't seem to wrap there heads around Dak being this good.
It's because he's a Cowboy who is having success.

HanD

Reaction score
I agree with most of what carter says here which isn't normal, but a couple of points:

-He is wrong about the OL developing. Demarco rushed for 1800 yards in 2014 with basically the same OL when zach was a rookie. basically the same team did crap when romo went down. Dak has something to do with that.
-how would brady fair on a crap team.
-carr gets universal praise with a great OL and better WRs and a good running game. is it only because he was on an upward trajectory and has been in the league longer?

I feel like this will all go away in a year or two if dak keeps playing this way and if dallas makes it to the sb. for some reason the sb is the cure all for all qbs when it is the ultimate team game.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What comes first? Chicken or the egg? OL or QB? What I do know is that regardless the quality of the line or skill positions, it takes more than a "bus driver" to succeed at a high level.

I also know that Dak has thrown only 4 interceptions. Of all his stats and accolades, that's the most outstanding for me. That's a lot more than simply driving the bus.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This is how stupid the media is. Dak has a great team around him that is why he is successful. Well then what happened the year before, and how many QB's did we use? Were they successful? How many games did we win in 2015? So shut up am sick of this.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Such a terrible argument.

Montana benefitted by having Craig, Rice, Taylor, etc.
Same with Bradshaw and Swann, Stallworth, Harris, etc.
Staubach with Pearson, Hill, Pearson, Dorsett, etc.
Aikman with Irvin, Smith, Novacek, etc.
Heck, Elway couldn't get it done until Davis showed up.
Kelly had Thomas, Davis, Reed, Beebe and Metzelaars.
Warner had Faulk, Bruce, Hakim and Proehl in St. Louis, then James, Fitzgerald, Boldin, etc. in Arizona.

Basically, it takes a special combination — of which the QB is vital — to produce winning teams.

As others have mentioned, this team couldn't do squat with Cassels and Weeden, so uh yeah, Dak's pretty special.