Video: Cris on Dak Prescott: 'If you think Dak would be great anywhere, you're crazy'

links18

Reaction score
My brain wants to read the thread title as "Crisis on Dak Prescott." Stop scarring me....

robbieruff

Reaction score
He's not wrong.

Denver coach said frankly the same thing.....our system is a great one for a young quarterback.

Why are people insulted by this?
While I’m not insulted by it, clearly it’s a backhanded compliment from many commentators. The same as it was for the Emmitt vs Barry conversation. Or Emmitt period. It’s about a player never getting his due because “he caught lucky breaks”...like we shud have an asterisk next to Emmitt’s name in the records books because “anyone could have run behind that offensive line.”

That begins to work on the nerves after a while. Ya know?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak Prescott is going to be a Dallas Cowboy for the foreseeable future.

Statements that will never be tested because circumstances don't allow experimentation take no courage and are worthless for determining truth.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
While I’m not insulted by it, clearly it’s a backhanded compliment from many commentators. The same as it was for the Emmitt vs Barry conversation. Or Emmitt period. It’s about a player never getting his due because “he caught lucky breaks”...like we shud have an asterisk next to Emmitt’s name in the records books because “anyone could have run behind that offensive line.”

That begins to work on the nerves after a while. Ya know?
"After a while."

Dak has started 18 games.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And every one of them was a test. It gets old fairly quickly.
This is a narrative in your own mind. You can find as many praise pieces as hit pieces on Dak.

You focus on the latter rather than the former.

Dak is the IT boy of the NFL right now. And somehow you're still finding a way to feel slighted.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's much to be said on both sides of the coin. On one hand, Dallas is an ideal place for a talented QB to land right now. He can stand a decent chance of coming in and being successful. On the other hand, Dak isn't your average rookie QB by any means.

He is gifted and talented to the point that he was capable of going 13-3 during his inaugural season as a rookie. An average rookie QB shouldn't be considered remotely capable of enjoying that level of success. Dak has the talent and intangibles to excel, that much is clear.

Obviously, both Dak and the Cowboys were blessed to arrive upon a mutual position of need and availability. I see nothing to be upset about here and conversely see far better cause to celebrate opportunity meeting good fortune. It's conceivable that doubters like Cris Carter will realize Dak's exceptional talent and learn to appreciate him for the exceptional QB that he is. There's even cause to believe he'll become great in due time.

Last edited:

robbieruff

Reaction score
"After a while."

Dak has started 18 games.
Yeah. Aware of that my brother. But that doesn’t make the shade any less familiar and striking a familiar nerve. How long did the Emmitt chatter take to take root? And how long did that last?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not seeing a problem with this - I think there are a few places he wouldn't do well, at least right now. Prescott relies far too heavily on the run, I don't think he'd in any way do well in a place like Green Bay.

I could see him doing well in the Titans offense and maybe the Patriots due to their intermediate passing game.

Dak is simply not a plug and play type of guy, you'd have to build a specific system around him. Just the way that it is.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So Dak is only the product of the team around him, Cris Carter?

He should be sentenced to a lifetime of watching 2015 Cowboys highlights, since any QB can succeed with our o-line.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a narrative in your own mind. You can find as many praise pieces as hit pieces on Dak.

You focus on the latter rather than the former.

Dak is the IT boy of the NFL right now. And somehow you're still finding a way to feel slighted.
You focus on the former rather than the latter. Every game was a test. I read it right here. I'm still reading it. Look at the subject of this thread. It's cool because he keeps passing the tests.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You focus on the former rather than the latter. Every game was a test. I read it right here. I'm still reading it. Look at the subject of this thread. It's cool because he keeps passing the tests.
So you mean you're especially evaluating a new player as his body of work is built?

You don't say.....

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has much to learn and miles to improve.

But he will.

So your point, Chris, is......?

Put down the straw and pixie dust.
Absolutely. He has shown he wants to get better. I bet Dak has already watched the film of the Giants game and sees 'll man, sailed my pass to Fez, my footwork was off. Gotta work on that!'

And he will. His upside with these coaches is huge.