Video: Cris on Dak Prescott: 'If you think Dak would be great anywhere, you're crazy'

rpntex

Reaction score
Can you name how many top 5 QBs Dak has played and won against?

Depends on who you have in that "top 5" category. Most people have both Aaron Rogers and Ben Rothlisberger on their list, and Dak is 2-0 against those two. Most have Matt Stafford in the next 5, and Dak beat him, too, last season.

Two victories against a top 5 QB in one season is 1 more than most teams get in a season. Do the math...32 teams, 27 of those teams don't have a top 5 signal caller. Therefore, most teams are only going to play one of the top 5 guys 1 or 2 times per season. Playing against two is pretty uncommon. Winning two is very uncommon.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Depends on who you have in that "top 5" category. Most people have both Aaron Rogers and Ben Rothlisberger on their list, and Dak is 2-0 against those two. Most have Matt Stafford in the next 5, and Dak beat him, too, last season.

Two victories against a top 5 QB in one season is 1 more than most teams get in a season. Do the math...32 teams, 27 of those teams don't have a top 5 signal caller. Therefore, most teams are only going to play one of the top 5 guys 1 or 2 times per season. Playing against two is pretty uncommon. Winning two is very uncommon.

He beat them when they were both in the middle of slumps... but take it if you want.

My point is to win the super bowl you have to be able to beat these guys at the top of their game... We didn't see that when we played green bay in the playoffs.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I live in NYC, and most of the people I know who are Giants fans wish they had Dak after that performance by Eli.

Don't sweat it bro!, yer' still on the first page in my book, even if you do reside in N.Y.( although I wish I still didn't know that ,as I figured you northern Virginia or of a similar reasonable A.O.:confused:)
You really seem to project an upbeat and positive persona,,, I had a bro from long island who would motorhome or drive down with $40 in his pocket unannounced and uninvited and would bring
" all the n.y. heavy baggage along",,, about the third time he pulled that, I'd figured we weren't that tighto_O as shrill and whiney negativity is a bummer to have to deal with,,,in your own living room.o_O

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly is no different.

They think Prescott is overrated, not very accurate, can only play on a team that runs the ball 50 times a game, only throws to totally wide open guys and can't hit players on the run or fit balls into tight spaces, will turn into Brady Quinn when Elliott inevitably has to sit out 6 games, etc.

That's all pretty much true.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's all pretty much true.
Then I reckon them folkd up folks in filley should ingest a foot long Philly cheese steak sandwich in
REVERSE fashion:eek:o_O
( that last gimme game, our GREAT H.C. gleefully handed the ' **** the bed Eagles' franchise was pathetically juvenile on GARRETT's endo_O)

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
apparently Dak is the same polarizing player that Romo was

pathetic that some of our "fans" have to take the contrarian route just to be difficult.. get a life

DallasDomination

Reaction score
He beat them when they were both in the middle of slumps... but take it if you want.

My point is to win the super bowl you have to be able to beat these guys at the top of their game... We didn't see that when we played green bay in the playoffs.
To win a sb you need an entire team effort. By your logic Rodgers isn't a championship caliber qb because he played like dog crap against the falcons.

Everson24

Reaction score
So he is saying a QB on a good team would be less effective on a bad team.

Which is exactly how Russell Wilson looked on Sunday playing behind that garbage offensive line. #TeamSport
This is why Tony Romo should be praised rather than vilified. He played most of his career with terrible offensive lines and he never complained about it publicly. When Russell Wilson and Eli Manning looked bad this past week, all we heard about was their terrible offensive lines. And also Romo played with defenses that averaged 23rd in the league for his career.

It totally matters what situation a QB is put in, which is why Tony Romo might be the most underrated quarterback ever.

Skillit

Reaction score
Who gives a ? We got him, and he's great here.

Starting to sound like the old days. Emmitt was a product of the oline. Aikman was a product of irvin. Irvin was a product of emmitt. No one was really thay good on those teams either. Lol

True......but imho, it IS true. The all time great teams had sets of HOF players working together.

So by that reasoning, Ryan, Jones and ARL RB = Super Bowl loss.

Irvin, Smith and Aikmen = 3rings and HOF. The product is a sum of the parts......they can't get mad if those parts were some of the all time best.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True......but imho, it IS true. The all time great teams had sets of HOF players working together.

So by that reasoning, Ryan, Jones and ARL RB = Super Bowl loss.

Irvin, Smith and Aikmen = 3rings and HOF. The product is a sum of the parts......they can't get mad if those parts were some of the all time best.

Of course they are better together but it doesn't diminish their individual achievements IMO. I hope we are having this conversation after Dak has 3 trophies too!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Can you control the schedule any more than he can? He plays them as they come and he has beaten every team he has played at least once.

The schedule isn't what matters here. What matters is whether we can win playoff games when it matters.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
To win a sb you need an entire team effort. By your logic Rodgers isn't a championship caliber qb because he played like dog crap against the falcons.

One game doesn't define you and Rodgers is definitely the heart of that team.

You put Aaron Rodgers on the Cowboys and we are perennial super bowl contenders. You put Dak Prescott on the Packers and I'm not sure they make the playoffs.

Cmac

Reaction score
Cris Carter makes "Absolutely No Sense" on a lot of topics, especially about the Cowboys/Dez.. Nothing new.....trying to become a top analyst and gain job security with the Talking Heads.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This is why Tony Romo should be praised rather than vilified. He played most of his career with terrible offensive lines and he never complained about it publicly. When Russell Wilson and Eli Manning looked bad this past week, all we heard about was their terrible offensive lines. And also Romo played with defenses that averaged 23rd in the league for his career.

It totally matters what situation a QB is put in, which is why Tony Romo might be the most underrated quarterback ever.

At one point (And this still might be true) he had the highest qb rating in games lost by a quarterback in nfl history. The best example is when he hung 48 on Denver and still lost by 3.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
This is such a terrible argument from Cris Carter.

Aaron Rodgers isn't any good because he has three really good/great receivers.

Tom Brady isn't really that good because he has the most dominant tight end of all time, and has played with a top 5 receiver of all time. He also has the best slot receiver in football.

Big Ben isn't that good because he has the best receiver in football and a stud running back.

We could go on and on forever.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Every Cowboys player and every Cowboys fan is going to live under the microscope. Only thick skinned players and fans need apply.

The qb is going to catch the most heat which makes the victories that much sweeter.

Go Cowboys and go Cowboys fans!

:flagwave::flagwave: For life!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Don't sweat it bro!, yer' still on the first page in my book, even if you do reside in N.Y.( although I wish I still didn't know that ,as I figured you northern Virginia or of a similar reasonable A.O.:confused:)
You really seem to project an upbeat and positive persona,,, I had a bro from long island who would motorhome or drive down with $40 in his pocket unannounced and uninvited and would bring
" all the n.y. heavy baggage along",,, about the third time he pulled that, I'd figured we weren't that tighto_O as shrill and whiney negativity is a bummer to have to deal with,,,in your own living room.o_O

I did used to live in NOVA until I got a job up here...enemy territory is fun, though -- there are a LOT of long-faced Giants fans walking around these days :)

Long Island is its own world, lol.