Cupcake + Romo = bad mix and no clutch victories

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
this one is on Cupcake and his lack of discipline.

12 men on the field Defensive penalty after a timeout negating a big stop and possible game losing FG.

Romo with another bone-headed INT directly causing 3 pts and the game. Dumb timeouts cause he can't lineup his O on time.

this embarrasing, half-hearted effort AT HOME is why the Boys should never be favored in a big game or the playoffs.

If we win a playoff game it will be in spite of cupcake and Romo's undisciplined play, that is without a doubt

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
chinch;2292519 said:
this one is on Cupcake and his lack of discipline.

12 men on the field Defensive penalty after a timeout negating a big stop and possible game losing FG.

Romo with another bone-headed INT directly causing 3 pts and the game. Dumb timeouts cause he can't lineup his O on time.

this embarrasing, half-hearted effort AT HOME is why the Boys should never be favored in a big game or the playoffs.

If we win a playoff game it will be in spite of cupcake and Romo's undisciplined play, that is without a doubt

You're pinning this on Romo?:lmao2:

Romo was partially responsible for 3 points, created 21 points, and the defense gave up 26. And this is on Romo? I saw 5 or 6 dropped passes, to top it off.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While Romo wasn't great today, it's hard to put to much blame on him. After all, he didn't play any plays on defense that I saw.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
PBJTime;2292536 said:

Romo was partially responsible for 3 points, created 21 points, and the defense gave up 26. And this is on Romo? I saw 5 or 6 dropped passes, to top it off.

Pinned on CUPCAKE.

He's allowed a bone-headed playmaker to become a bumbling, fumbling CELEBRITY QB under his watch, in spite of having the most potent weapons around him (TO, #82, Barber, OL, etc. etc. etc.)

Today's embarrassment was a mirror image of the NYG beating in our house. more will come without a doubt with CUPCAKE in charge and his chief enabler (Jerruh) standing & watching.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
chinch;2292582 said:
Pinned on CUPCAKE.

He's allowed a bone-headed playmaker to become a bumbling, fumbling CELEBRITY QB under his watch, in spite of having the most potent weapons around him (TO, #82, Barber, OL, etc. etc. etc.)

Today's embarrassment was a mirror image of the NYG beating in our house. more will come without a doubt with CUPCAKE in charge and his chief enabler (Jerruh) standing & watching.

Haha...it's just funny to hear that a guy who threw for 3 TD's and only 1 INT is just a bumbling QB. Not to mention, he engineered a drive down the field at the end and gave us a chance to win.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
PBJTime;2292627 said:
Haha...it's just funny to hear that a guy who threw for 3 TD's and only 1 INT is just a bumbling QB. Not to mention, he engineered a drive down the field at the end and gave us a chance to win.

he engineered 3 and outs, dumb play and down by 9-pts AT HOME of course ANOTHER TERRIBLE INT.

otoh super-scrub with an actual football guy - and coaching rookie- played mistake free and TOOK IT TO THE CUPCAKE'S TEAM.

Reaction score
Again for those who know football, the blame goes squarely on Garrett, only 11 running attempts???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? MBII and Felix Jones should have carried the ball WAY more than that!!!!! :mad:

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
chinch;2292657 said:
he engineered 3 and outs, dumb play and down by 9-pts AT HOME of course ANOTHER TERRIBLE INT.

otoh super-scrub with an actual football guy - and coaching rookie- played mistake free and TOOK IT TO THE CUPCAKE'S TEAM.

You do know the defense allowed a bunch of points. We had Portis running wild and Moss running free in the secondary. Romo's fault there too?

What about playcalling? Do you acknowledge that lack of a running game makes it exponentially harder on a QB?

You should probably learn a little bit. Romo is the last guy I would PIN this loss on. He contributed, but he's far from being the weakest link.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
PBJTime;2292705 said:
You do know the defense allowed a bunch of points. We had Portis running wild and Moss running free in the secondary. Romo's fault there too?

What about playcalling? Do you acknowledge that lack of a running game makes it exponentially harder on a QB?

You should probably learn a little bit. Romo is the last guy I would PIN this loss on. He contributed, but he's far from being the weakest link.

more excuses.

wade is a bottom-rung wanna-be coach and the defensive lapse are on CUPCAKE. our running game (and overrated runblocking OL) got owned with no chance.

otoh ROMO is a proven bone-head who can't protect the ball and grind it out. Down by 6, DUMB THROW RIGHT AS EXPECTED.

sorry, you can huff and puff about it, but nothing shows you otherwise.

Wade is the WRONG COACH for the boys and for Romo. These two are a terrible combination. Romo needs an actual HC with discipline and smarts. He is the worst type of bone-headed QB... he KNOWS he's got to stop the bad throws and still is a bone-head week in and week out thanks to Wade having his back.

DBoys9to81

Reaction score
Throw 10 tds for all I care, it won't matter if you're not making the plays that win the game. He needs to become more clutch. Good game. Not bad. But if he's ELITE, then you can't let him off the hook that easily.

TOOMBS

Reaction score
Seriously, I blame the loss on Garrett..........ABSENT RUN GAME!!!!UNACCEPTABLE!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
TOOMBS;2292979 said:
Seriously, I blame the loss on Garrett..........ABSENT RUN GAME!!!!UNACCEPTABLE!

this isn't about today's loss. nothing happened today that is a surprise or out of the ordinary.

it will repeat itself ad nauseum.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PBJTime;2292536 said:

He has never gotten over August 4, 2004.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Just curious as to what you watch and what you want?

Do you long for the days when the offense averaged 13.5 - 18 points a game under offensive stalwarts like Quincy, Hutch, Leaf, Vinny, Bledsoe et al.?

Romo makes the occasional blunder, but he's in his THIRD year of extremely successful and productive QB play.

Perhaps you'd like us to trade for Ferrotte, Bulger or Croyle?

chinch;2293018 said:
this isn't about today's loss. nothing happened today that is a surprise or out of the ordinary.

it will repeat itself ad nauseum.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2293043 said:
He has never gotten over August 4, 2004.

laugh it up, must feel great huh. another loss at home by CUPCAKE and undisciplined play.

How 'bout dem cowboys!

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
chinch;2292807 said:
more excuses.

wade is a bottom-rung wanna-be coach and the defensive lapse are on CUPCAKE. our running game (and overrated runblocking OL) got owned with no chance.

otoh ROMO is a proven bone-head who can't protect the ball and grind it out. Down by 6, DUMB THROW RIGHT AS EXPECTED.

sorry, you can huff and puff about it, but nothing shows you otherwise.

Wade is the WRONG COACH for the boys and for Romo. These two are a terrible combination. Romo needs an actual HC with discipline and smarts. He is the worst type of bone-headed QB... he KNOWS he's got to stop the bad throws and still is a bone-head week in and week out thanks to Wade having his back.

You are ignorant when it comes to football, plain and simple. Yes, this game is all on our bone-headed QB. :rolleyes: He alone should have stopped Portis and Moss.

But letting them two run wild is just making excuses. It's all in my head. Romo threw a pick so that cost the game...no other reasons accepted.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
DISCIPLINE

PASSION

PLAYING SMARTER THAN YOUR OPPONENT

HUNGER

MOTIVATION

NO CELEBRITY CRAP

sorry, you guys seem to want a coach leading the team to 12-men on the field after a timeout. NICE!!!

Cowboyz88;2293100 said:
Just curious as to what you watch and what you want?

Do you long for the days when the offense averaged 13.5 - 18 points a game under offensive stalwarts like Quincy, Hutch, Leaf, Vinny, Bledsoe et al.?

Romo makes the occasional blunder, but he's in his THIRD year of extremely successful and productive QB play.

Perhaps you'd like us to trade for Ferrotte, Bulger or Croyle?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
chinch;2293165 said:
laugh it up, must feel great huh. another loss at home by CUPCAKE and undisciplined play.

How 'bout dem cowboys!
Losses never feel great. I do however enjoy watching your hypocrisy. You are critical of every QB since Q, but couldn't stand anyone being critical of Q. I'm sorry, but it's funny.

The fact of the matter is Tony Romo, warts and all, is so much better than Q that it is not even funny.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
chinch;2293173 said:
DISCIPLINE

PASSION

PLAYING SMARTER THAN YOUR OPPONENT

HUNGER

MOTIVATION

NO CELEBRITY CRAP

sorry, you guys seem to want a coach leading the team to 12-men on the field after a timeout. NICE!!!

So, is the whole defense allowing 26 points an imaginary thing to you?

I don't think there are too many people arguing that the coaching was bad today.