Video: Current team reminds Aikman of the 92 team

Flamma

Reaction score
If you want to do a 90s comparison this team is much closer to the 1991 team. The whole look and feel of the team. Even the points scored and allowed are similar. Not even close to the 1992 team.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I can't compare them to either 91 or 92 team because I was too young but I'd say it's the 91 team. No expectations, and not as good as the 92 team. Then again, this is the 2018 team, led by Dak. What do I know?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm rooting for our guys. Buy compares to the '92 team? Nah. We have too many flaws, being realistically, and that '92 team was near perfect. I felt better about the 2016 and 2014 teams than I do about this one.
I feel better about this team. They are going to shock the World, but not themselves. The have extreme confidence.

We WILL do it!

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
The 90's team, I remember Madden talking about how it was almost like an all star team, during one game. And heck the NFC Championship between the 9ers that was like an all star game. You just don't have teams in this era with that much talent on both defense and offense.
Best teams ever. No team today could beat the Cowboys, the 49ers, the Bills, or the Eagles from 1992. All four of those teams were stacked.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Im talking in general...the cowboys circle loves to draw comparisons, label triplets, compare the balance of the teams...

Its really not close. The 92 team would run through this one.
Most definitely, but then again, that team was loaded with top draft pick players thanks to the Herschel Walker trade and ultimately there being no salary cap. Jerry was able to pay top dollar to keep the best players together that year.

Had there been a salary cap in effect, there is no way that team could have been built or affordable to keep together.

This team is pretty good considering today's salary cap. That's because the Oline has been injured all season, along with injuries to many other key starters in other positions. Add in the fact this Offense has been depleted with top key weapons for most of the year, I would say they have overachieved but are instead in position to be a much better team next year.

Yet, this season long injury riddled and top talent depreciated team is only 2 victories away from reaching the Super Bowl. I would say that is pretty darn good considering all of the circumstances.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
High praises for Dak also.

I mentioned in a thread last week that DAK reminded me of Staubach with his 4th Qt. Comebacks.

You would have thought I blasphemed the way the fangs came out.

Aikman says DAK reminds him of somebody who was just there a few moments before.

Staubach?

Who's laughing now, folks.?

I was correct then and still think I am.

I believe I heard the number as 14 4th Qt. comebacks for DAK in 3 sessons.

That's huge.

CB61

Reaction score
Just remember I don't believe Fox Sports drug test their announcers and that looks like Troy is stoned 99% of the time LOL LOL LOL someone send him some Visine

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Oh gawd enough with the comparisons... Let these guys write their own story, look I love the 90's teams just as much if not more than anyone but come on.

jsb357

Reaction score
without an accurate QB, tough fullback, weapon at tight end, dual threat at reciever, dominate Oline or head coach...no way

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm rooting for our guys. Buy compares to the '92 team? Nah. We have too many flaws, being realistically, and that '92 team was near perfect. I felt better about the 2016 and 2014 teams than I do about this one.
yes, we have a lot of flaws, but 92 team didn't have salary cap to deal with. they were a very very very deep team. I can't remember how many FA we lost to other teams from 92. with that said, because of salary cap, every team has flaws. it will be very rare (and lucky) if you don't.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
26 years ago on January 23rd, the Dallas Cowboys and their young team went into Candle stick park and beat the high-powered San Francisco 49ers team. The 49ers were the equivalent to "today's" New England. They had come off of winning 4 Super Bowls in the 80s and was still high-powered. That field was a slop and their fans were rabid, the equivalent of "Seattle Seawhawks" stadium today. We went in there and whipped up on the 49ers, and went on to play another super power team in the Buffalo Bills. The Bills back then were even more high powered than the 9ers.

When you're going up against a big bear, you have to punch them directly in the mouth. Does Garrett have that mentality? We shall see.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Did your mother tell you Tony Romo is your estranged father or something?

I think he is just rational and objective.

Others cant. They are limited. So they need to offend people. But then, even those are part of our society. We call us social, we need to accept them. Even if they dont get how lucky they are to have us.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
26 years ago on January 23rd, the Dallas Cowboys and their young team went into Candle stick park and beat the high-powered San Francisco 49ers team. The 49ers were the equivalent to "today's" New England. They had come off of winning 4 Super Bowls in the 80s and was still high-powered. That field was a slop and their fans were rabid, the equivalent of "Seattle Seawhawks" stadium today. We went in there and whipped up on the 49ers, and went on to play another super power team in the Buffalo Bills. The Bills back then were even more high powered than the 9ers.

When you're going up against a big bear, you have to punch them directly in the mouth. Does Garrett have that mentality? We shall see.
That is so true. Remember watching that game. I was so nervous. I kept changing the channel. Nobody gave us much of a chance out there. I was plenty nervous heading into the SB too. After the blowout in the SB started it was such a great feeling because we all were laughed at for so long. It'll be even a better feeling this time because the wait has been longer.