News: CW: Moore ranked 2nd-best OC in 2019, Cowboys O predicted to maintain excellence in 2020

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore ranked 2nd-best OC in 2019, Cowboys O predicted to maintain excellence in 2020

usatsi_13256650.jpg

After a disappointing 2019 campaign that left a bitter taste in the mouths of everyone associated with the Dallas Cowboys, it's important to remember that not everything was a total loss. The...

Read Full Story

nobody

Reaction score
...It ain't about yards gained but scoring...and all their scoring was bunched up rather than spread out...hence why they missed the playoffs. When it mattered this offense didn't score jack.

So excellence? I dunno about that.

Creeper

Reaction score
I will cut his some slack because it was only his first year. Let's see if after watching film in the offseason if he learns anything. One thing that must improve is red zone scoring and scoring points against top defenses on the road.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Congratulations Kellen you lost by less than the other losers! Here's your, "I Almost Won an Award Award!"

Kid did a great job. Too bad it was all for and 8-8 team.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
...It ain't about yards gained but scoring...and all their scoring was bunched up rather than spread out...hence why they missed the playoffs. When it mattered this offense didn't score jack.

Yup

NO
Jets
NE
Buffalo
Phila
Bears

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kicker Brett Maher was conspicuously missing from the “Keep Choppin’ Wood Award” that’s awarded to the player who hurt his team the most.

Why is this "conspicuously" missing? Maher wasn't bad at all.

glimmerman

Reaction score
ST was constantly having our Offense have to drive 90 yards and missed many FG. That’s what we had so many yards. We need a kill shot from the 20 or inside the red zone. Pound that RB.

conner01

Reaction score
For a young coach in his 1st season as OC I felt Moore did a very good job. I expect him to continue to grow from the experience and I think McCarthy influence will be a big benefit to Moore
Agree
I expected a learning curve but he did very well
Spending a few seasons with MM is going to be a great influence on him

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hoping his situational play calling gets better. He learned under linehan. Needs to break those habits. Get better in the red zone.

I think a combination of what he added to Dallas' offense and McCarthy's system/knowledge will serve him well.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Cowboys offense predicted to maintain excellence? I hope this isn't coming from the same people that predicted us to be contenders last year.

reddyuta

Reaction score

and how often did the defense score or even gave us short fields due to turn overs? blaming everything on the offense is just plain wrong.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

What's that saying? Lies, da*# lies and statistics. ;)

CCBoy

Reaction score
When the Cowboys start scoring when reaching the Red Zone...I'll start to listen to Moore this or that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would say Moore did a good job compared to a lot of OC in the NFL and only in his 1st season. Yes improvement in redzone is important, execution of players is important and those are his responsibilities. But again this was his 1st season as an OC in a rocky situation with HC going into the season as a lame duck.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
For a young coach in his 1st season as OC I felt Moore did a very good job. I expect him to continue to grow from the experience and I think McCarthy influence will be a big benefit to Moore
He certainly didn't have a lot of support from the other side of the ball. We know that.

nobody

Reaction score
and how often did the defense score or even gave us short fields due to turn overs? blaming everything on the offense is just plain wrong.

The defense held opposing teams a lot and kept them in a lot more than they should have, but yeah, they sucked too when it mattered...In general though, if a defense holds a team to 17 or less in a game, they did their job.

However, there are no innocents. They all get blame.....but all that "excellence" from the offense? BWAHAHAHAHAHA