News: CW: Moore ranked 2nd-best OC in 2019, Cowboys O predicted to maintain excellence in 2020

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He certainly didn't have a lot of support from the other side of the ball. We know that.

Dallas lacked getting turnovers that is fact. I make no excuses for any short coming but again a young coach in his 1st season as OC I don't think he has anything to feel bad about. Clearly improvements need to be made by both sides of the ball, coaches and players. However I'm not going to make Moore some scapegoat or a failure when you look at the overall picture. I'm sure he has learned much in his 1st season and I think working with McCarthy we will see a lot more out of Moore

InTheZone

Reaction score
I still think we're jumping the gun on Moore. There were some considerable red flags when the offense completely got away from what's working. I also feel like his playcalls took away from the run game, unless it was designed to do so since defenses still were first to play the run rather than the pass. Either way, as I've been saying for years, don't lose perspective in supporting talent and playcalls and think Dak is better than what he is from the stat sheet. I know coaches and players don't have the best game every week, saw an inept offense one too many times when we needed something. i'd like to think it was player execution rather than Moore failing, but that's on JG.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I notice that last year we won the award for Playoff team most likely to miss the Playoffs the next year. They were spot on. :facepalm:

Dak also won this year for most deserving of a Pro Bowl spot but not on original team. :flagwave:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Schemes seemed good, but game plans and play calling often lacked. Most of the failed game plans smelled like Garrett to me. Even remember Romo talking about "Garrett's fingerprints are all over this". But you never know.

It wouldn't surprise me if Moore is better with scheme than situation. MM is a good pairing.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
KM is going to do great once he's not handcuffed to JG's philosophies and favorite players and stubborn concepts.

To accomplish what he did in his first year at his age with a terrible, lame duck head coach is really impressive.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I notice that last year we won the award for Playoff team most likely to miss the Playoffs the next year. They were spot on. :facepalm:

The 2018 post bye run was a mirage. We eked out a lot of close games. We never won by more than 8. Had to squeak one out in OT. We were outscored by opponents during that run. You won't go 7-2 too often while being outscored. Even the playoff win was only by 2.

Good teams win a few by double digits. They *beat* other teams. We won a lot of coin flips.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nothing more satisfying than getting that ribbon for 10th place, his Mom and dad can put that on the wall of Kellen:thumbup:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3pxe6s.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
...It ain't about yards gained but scoring...and all their scoring was bunched up rather than spread out...hence why they missed the playoffs. When it mattered this offense didn't score jack.

So excellence? I dunno about that.
This is ludicrous.

This is where fans who prefer to believe stat sheets over watching the games themselves start to look uninformed about the game.

Praising Moore as being successful becuz the offense performed well stat-wise..

is not a good analysis.

You have to look at won-loss, points scored, number of turnovers and points scored off turnovers.

Points scored per quarter also tells you alot, too.

Funny how having the #2 OC only netted us an 8-8 record and out of the playoffs this year.

Seems like our opponents were quite pleased to let us go up and down the field scoring FGs instead of TDs and burning time of the clock doing it.

Moore needs to claim that next to his award for #2 OC.

Hmmm....

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
This is ludicrous.

This is where fans who prefer to believe stat sheets over watching the games themselves start to look uninformed about the game.

Praising Moore as being successful becuz the offense performed well stat-wise..

is not a good analysis.

You have to look at won-loss, points scored, number of turnovers and points scored off turnovers.

Points scored per quarter also tells you alot, too.

Funny how having the #2 OC only netted us an 8-8 record and out of the playoffs this year.

Seems like our opponents were quite pleased to let us go up and down the field scoring FGs instead of TDs and burning time of the clock doing it.

Moore needs to claim that next to his award for #2 OC.

Hmmm....

That's what I was saying yards are not as important as scoring. To rate an offense based on yards and not points and other factors is plain stupid.