D Law Career Stats

mardwin

Reaction score
I happened to be looking at boy wonders career stats and I sure do have to hand it to him he has it all figured out.

Year 1 0 sacks
Year 2 8 sacks
Year 3 1 sack

Uh oh we got a contract year what comes next?

Year 4 14.5 sacks

Boom baby pay the man. Not so fast D Law maybe this was a fluke. Franchise tag for you.

Year 5 10.5 sacks

OK fine here is the massive deal you have been looking for.

Year 6 5 sacks
Year 7 4.5 sacks

I will leave it up to you guys to interpret the data however you want.

Just our front office outbidding themselves.

Redline360

Reaction score
Very good player(jury is still out) but not one of the greats.

Played like poo after he got paid for a season and the start of this one. Was looking like one of the biggest contract busts but since the Giants game he has looked great and hope it continues. We shall see. Still HATE his contract

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you're going to come to the table with a Lawrence only shows up in contract years type posts......you better bring far more to the table than his "sacks".

visionary

Reaction score
Stupid contract just like the Jaylon contract was

The same people now want Dak paid

You cannot pay average or above average players elite money and expect to compete for championships in a salary cap sport

75boyz

Reaction score
He is an above average pass rusher, and a top run defender. He is not worth his contract, but he is a good player.

You nailed it here. Another past thread was called paying good players elite money.
Good is not elite and does not merit elite money.

It's a part of my ominous letter C theory that has plagued this team for years.
Culture, Coaching and Contracts equals Cancer.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
To me he is a less productive version of Tony Tolbert. Tolbert was a beast against the run but was also good for double digit sacks occasionally. Also Tolbert had a bad knee and did all this as a late round pick. Easily one of the most underrated Cowboys of all time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The guy also chose to put off surgery until he got paid, which hurt his team during the season.

Oh boy! Let's fault a guy for using his leverage when negotiating the payday that will constitute the majority of his lifetime earnings. You don't like it? Ask why he wasn't signed earlier.

visionary

Reaction score
Oh boy! Let's fault a guy for using his leverage when negotiating the payday that will constitute the majority of his lifetime earnings. You don't like it? Ask why he wasn't signed earlier.

why support a player for “maximizing his contract value” but vilify the team for not paying him?

That is exactly what most fans would have done if the Cowboys hadn’t paid DLaw

fact is that he is a good not great/elite player who is way way overpaid

jwitten82

Reaction score
Busta, sucka don't around us with that

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you're going to come to the table with a Lawrence only shows up in contract years type posts......you better bring far more to the table than his "sacks".
Not really following what you are saying here. His tackle stats and his forced fumble stats follow the exact same trend.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Actually he is batting down more passes than ever. 2 this year and 2 last year. I guess that is the next best thing if you are no longer gonna bother getting sacks.

J12B

Reaction score
Lawrence may not be that dominant sack getter we thought he was going to be.

But I can't imagine what this dline would be like if he wasn't there.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
why support a player for “maximizing his contract value” but vilify the team for not paying him?

That is exactly what most fans would have done if the Cowboys hadn’t paid DLaw

fact is that he is a good not great/elite player who is way way overpaid

Fine for teams to make business decisions but not the players.

Yeah, side with ownership rather than the workers.

Verdict

Reaction score
The problem is we don’t pay him to perform like a grunt.:

He is paid to cause havoc and hit the QB.

We’re trying to win a Super Bowl.. That is the goal..

You can’t keep giving Great contracts to good players.

I don’t always agree with you, but this is not one of those times. We aren’t paying him to be solid. We are paying him to be the very best at his position. A difference maker.

If you pay a guy to be the best, he needs to be the best. You aren’t paying him to be “pretty good” and a lunch pail guy. You want him hitting the QB on about every other drop back at that price. Sacks or not.

He’s probably worth 12-13mil per year, but $20m per? Not hardly.

Verdict

Reaction score
People talk out of their butt all the time. Lawrence is a really good player.
That’s true. He is playing very well, NOW. But 1. He is not worth what we paid him and 2. He was playing like a scrub for a while.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He is an above average pass rusher, and a top run defender. He is not worth his contract, but he is a good player.
Agreed. He was paid to be an all-pro player and he's at worst a fringe pro bowler.

Not enough of a gap for it to even be a top 50 concern for this team (same with Amari)