Dak’s improved deep ball is way more important than any play call change

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nah. Improved play calling will help more.

Mainly, as stated before, the RZ offense needs a lot of love. The offense had no issue between the 20's, usually.
It was the red zone where the team would either get away from the run game or just struggle to get guys open on passing plays. Shorter field allow the back seven of the defense to stop our offense.
and what makes anyone think our play calling will be so great? Because it is different? More is like what... 30 years old or so. I only care about what things look like when we are playing, but I remember plenty of great play calls where Dak overthrew a WIDE OPEN Wr that was a sure TD. Was that because of crappy play calling? So Moore calling plays will make Dak hit those WRs in stride?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
and what makes anyone think our play calling will be so great? Because it is different? More is like what... 30 years old or so. I only care about what things look like when we are playing, but I remember plenty of great play calls where Dak overthrew a WIDE OPEN Wr that was a sure TD. Was that because of crappy play calling? So Moore calling plays will make Dak hit those WRs in stride?
Play calling doesn’t fix olawale and Beasley dropping TDs or gallup being all by himself vs saints and ball hitting a fan.

By the end of the season everything is about execution. Weeks 1-8 Moore May look like a genius but weeks 9-playoffs once teams have learned all the new wrinkles it’s about execution of those plays

kskboys

Reaction score
What extenuating circumstances put Ben at #2 and knock Brees out of the top 5?

Brees 70.4% 24,583 yd 7.8 ypa 166 td 61 int
Ben 66.1% 23,966 yd 7.8 ypa 152 td 74 int
Because when you get to this level, it comes down to opinion. I can't stand Ben, but he's many times better in the red zone and more clutch.

Although Brees is definitely good, I've always thought he was a bit overrated. Yes, I know he's either the all time leader in yards and TD's, or about to be. Opinion.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
After two superbowl wins, Big Ben salary = 26 million / per year . 67 million guaranteed .

Dak wants 34 million per year . LMAO.

GenoT

Reaction score
After two superbowl wins, Big Ben salary = 26 million / per year . 67 million guaranteed .

Dak wants 34 million per year . LMAO.

QB Terry Bradshaw won 4 SBs for Pitt back in the 70s...and his best salary probably wouldn’t have made the down payment on Big Ben’s house.

Salaries continue to rise, QB’s get older.

No matter his resume, no one — including his own team — is gonna pay 37yr Ben Rothlisberger the same salary as a current young QB, whose management has designated him their now-and-future franchise QB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
False. Aikmans weakness was the deep ball and look what he did. Also, some of those missed plays last year were due to bad route running especially by Gallup. Disguising the offense so the defense has to hesitate is much much more important.
False.. Aikmans strength was his accuracy, and timing.. that was a timing based offense and Aikman would deliver the ball before Irvin was even in his turn, but you are point on in you last statement on disguising,,, a half second of hesitation can result in big plays.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
False.. Aikmans strength was his accuracy, and timing.. that was a timing based offense and Aikman would deliver the ball before Irvin was even in his turn, but you are point on in you last statement on disguising,,, a half second of hesitation can result in big plays.
Well, do some research because Aikman was not good on the deep balls and rarely threw them. I’m old enough that I saw every play he made as a Cowboy. The deep throw was not his forte.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
"Daks improved deep ball is way more important than any play call change"

How about if we do both? :thumbup:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I can't stand Ben, but he's many times better in the red zone and more clutch.
Slightly more clutch, but not nearly as good in the red zone. (Opinion based on performance.)

Late & Close
Rbrgr 68% 3252 yd 23 td 9 int 103.0 (4th)
Brees 66% 3496 yd 24 td 12 int 95.8 (8th)

Red zone
Brees 68% 1773 yd 118 td 10 int 105.6 (1st)
Rbrgr 54% 1414 yd 92 td 12 int 89.1 (25th)

kskboys

Reaction score
Slightly more clutch, but not nearly as good in the red zone. (Opinion based on performance.)

Late & Close
Rbrgr 68% 3252 yd 23 td 9 int 103.0 (4th)
Brees 66% 3496 yd 24 td 12 int 95.8 (8th)

Red zone
Brees 68% 1773 yd 118 td 10 int 105.6 (1st)
Rbrgr 54% 1414 yd 92 td 12 int 89.1 (25th)
And based on playoff perferformances, Bigben is way way better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd like to take this opportunity to lay claim that both, an improved long ball and better play calling, are equally important!:thumbup:
They both stand a good chance of fortifying our offense somewhat considerably. But hey, that's just me! (Or is it, really?) :grin:

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anything related to Dak improving his accuracy is better than any system he plays in since it allows the offense to be able to do more.

To answer the question, True.

Already seeing the blame go to everyone else though....

It's everyone fault including our cheerleaders when our offense is stuck in the Mud....please don't blame Dak he's just the QB....:muttley:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scott Linehan was the problem, everything else was a symptom.

Sometime in the near future a post will read as follows....

Kellen Moore was the problem, everything else was a symptom......

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, do some research because Aikman was not good on the deep balls and rarely threw them. I’m old enough that I saw every play he made as a Cowboy. The deep throw was not his forte.
what,, where did I ever say it was,, I merely emphasized his accuracy in a timing based offense...
you seem to always be looking for an argument.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what,, where did I ever say it was,, I merely emphasized his accuracy in a timing based offense...
you seem to always be looking for an argument.

Pay no mind its the Dak-Crush.... its hit him hard....i.e. daring to compare a 3 time and very accurate Superbowl winning QB like Aikman to needing 10 ball bearers (Thks Risen) on your offense just to get a 1st down Dak.....lol...wacky stuff.....:omg:

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its all laid out for Dak

No QB since Aikman has had this combination of a RB like Zeke, strong oline, a great WR1 with several other good WRs too, AND a high end, rising defense

He’s putting in the work and still inproving.
Its right there for him to take. And hes putting in the work
Table is set.

bodi

Reaction score
More like this, please.

dak-best-deep-throw-beasley.gif

should have dropped it off to to w ho ever 46 is

kskboys

Reaction score
You're mistaking hope for belief.