News: Dak’s performance without Zeke

pansophy

Reaction score
First off, I'm not a big Romo vs Dak guy. IMHO, that Romo contract killed the Cowboys. It essentially locked in mediocrity for years as was a big part of the reason Dallas has had so little playoff success. Not sure why so many people want to replicate that mistake.

I have posted the stats before. I have never seen a QB have as many yards as Dak did last year when the game was out of hand. Here are Dak's yards by year:
- 3667, 3324, 3885, 4902.

IMO, that 4902 was a flyer based on game situation. Games like the GB game where Dak racked up 462 yards playing against prevent defense most of the time while down big. Same thing happened against Buffalo where he had 355 in a game Dallas was completely blown out. When the games were close, those defenses were stopping the offense pretty easily. On the other side, he had 405 against the Giants in week 1 as the Giants stacked the box trying to come back while down big. In the games that were close and defenses played for real the whole game, like NO he had 223 or at Phi

The 3500 yard years were more Dak's speed.

Note: I'm not blaming the blowouts on Dak. Those were defensive horror shows which is my concern with giving Dak huge money. He isn't the type of QB that can overcome having a poor defense. Most QB's aren't. Mahomes is, winning the SB with the 17th rated defense in many shootouts.
We were 8-8 during Romo's 4900 yard passing season too -- there is a reason why there were so many passing yards.

Watching the video of all of Romo's TD passes, what struck me was how many of those TDs came when we were behind and how often they came because he improvised something. Dak is good enough to win if we can field a defense that can do something.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that but for me it’s the stupidity of it all. We live in a different society now, like it or not. Personally, I think people are way too sensitive but that doesn’t mean I can do whatever I want. I’ve had to change my actions at work and in public due to my job, as have most of us in one way or another. What used to be considered acceptable isn’t any more. Laws have changed as have the NFL’s rules, inconsistent or not, like them or not, we and they have to change the way they act in public or in private if there are people taking pictures, videos, etc. I was talking to a guy yesterday who is on our interview board and he said the first thing he does when he gets the list of names, before even interviewing the person, is going straight to their FB page, Instagram, etc. This is as social media as I get, I’ve never had a FB account nor will ever partly due to those reasons.

Having said that, pulling up a girls shirt in public during a parade may not be a big deal. Pulling up a girls shirt during a parade, whether she did it herself before hand or not, during the #MeToo craze and while being investigated by the NFL for domestic violence against a woman (innocent or not) and while being a high profile athlete is just plain friggin stupid. What a moron. Are you kidding? Whether you agree or not, whether I agree or not...athletes are held to higher standards and this was just plain dumb for so many reasons. It goes a lot deeper than just “he pulled up a girls shirt”.

Then you have the first nightclub incident in Dallas, after he was suspended for DV and he knocks out a DJ?! Please spare me the “we don’t know if he did it”. I, and a few other people who know or knew people who worked at or with the club have been told by those people he 100% did do it. If you look at all the bs surrounding it, it’s clearly obvious. That’s like saying OBJ didn’t have coke in front of him in that video...please. Do I think he should have been suspended for it...no. There was no clear evidence from what we saw but all the people who claim the NFL is out to get Zeke, the NFL could have easily investigated this and it could have resulted in him being suspended for a year or more but they didn’t. Same goes for the parade incident. So he knocked someone out...not a huge deal, I’ve been arrested for fighting once but as an NFL athlete and under his circumstances it was just DUMB. He’s a dumb diva...a DD.

Then you have another incident in Vegas, after the first nightclub incident, in which he went after another DJ and his own teammates had to restrain him, he ended up being permanently banned.

Then you have the security guard incident. Did he shove him? No. But yet again, with his prior history he turned around and initiated physical contact with someone. A nudge, a push, a punch...I don’t care, he should have walked away. He’s out in public, clearly altered, with people filming and this is what he does? He also kept standing in the way of his date who was trying to leave...not a good look for someone just suspended for DV against a woman.

Then you have him holding out with 2 years left on his contract and demanding to be paid as the highest RB ever. There’s all this hate against Dak but a lot lf those same people had no problem with The Ewok holding out.

He’s an entitled brat bully diva who has always been in the most fortunate of circumstances and is used to getting what he wants. His selfish actions could not only potentially hurt him but could have easily hurt the team as well which is what I have a problem with. I don’t care what happens to him, I hope some day he crosses the wrong person and gets what’s coming to him, that’s the only way these dumb bullies learn their lesson. It’s sickening people support this dbag no matter what he does just because he’s a Cowboy.

Well......"times change"...means you can;t be a flawed human being? It's my opinion that Zeke has a disorder that...and here's where you are at least partially right....people ignore. You can call it self-entitled brat if you wish. Judgement without really knowing him. He's no perfect angel.....but that doesn't mean he's a pos. He's just a football player. You sound jealous.

I have been Zeke biggest fan since his first play at Ohio State. A supreme tackle on special teams. He had to earn his spot. But I am also critical of his hold out and the condition he was in upon return. You hate Zeke on your own terms but despise people that criticize Dak on theirs. Hypocrisy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is Zeke's performance without Dak?

Only 700 yards and 8 TD's in three games against the very best NCAA teams 2014 had, including "mighty" bama and media darling ducks. I know....not good enough for you buy you asked a smart-arsed question and got the only answer that can be given.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if you agree with anything. I never said anything about an empty set or any dumb thing you are talking about. My point was simply that the offense runs through Dak. You are obviously talking about someone else or someone elses post.

I didn't say you did but that is the point of THIS thread. Jeeze dude. Read the thread title and the OP. "EMPTY SET". It's LITERALLY the topic of this thread!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s funny to me that you’re both confused AND dismissive.

Maybe you’re just not very bright and I’m wasting my time explaining it to you.

I’ll try one more time. If you’re still confused after this, then this sport (or basic logic) may be too much for you to handle.

They tallied the stats of every single QB when they’re in empty sets since 2016. Dak Prescott has the NFL’s 4th-best QBR in empty sets since 2016.

So even if your assumption is correct (that all QBs will have a higher QBR in empty sets), that still doesn’t negate the fact that only 3 QBs in the NFL have a higher QBR in empty sets than Dak Prescott.

I can’t hold your hand and make it any clearer than that. This is my 4th time explaining it and you’re 0-3 in attempts at understanding it.

You keep bringing up “WELL OF COURSE IT’LL BE HIGHER WITH NO RB” as if the stat ONLY took Dak’s QBR in empty sets into play and compared it to every other QB’s QBR in ALL plays.

The point of the stat is showing that Dak has been excellent in empty sets since entering the league in 2016.

I call total BS. Read your title of the thread. You didn't say "empty sets" in the title. Your agenda and hate are showing.

Big D

Reaction score
It's a TEAM game people. The players need each other to be successful. Hard to understand I know.

Nav22

Reaction score
I call total BS. Read your title of the thread. You didn't say "empty sets" in the title. Your agenda and hate are showing.
LOLLLLL

Okay, you can’t read or comprehend English very well. I’m sorry I wasted your time.

“DURRRRR CAN YOU REPEAT THE SAME INFORMATION FOR ME 4 TIMES!?!? I STILL DON’T GET IT!”
:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOLLLLL

Okay, you can’t read or comprehend English very well. I’m sorry I wasted your time.

“DURRRRR CAN YOU REPEAT THE SAME INFORMATION FOR ME 4 TIMES!?!? I STILL DON’T GET IT!”
:laugh:

DERP lookit Dak be HALL OF FAMER WITHOUT Zeke! derp derp derp derp.

I comprehend English quite well along with agenda BS.

Posting a MEANINGLESS stat to hate on Zeke.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Luckily we have an out with Zeke's contract after 2022.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak has played 6 games without Zeke (not counting a meaninless game at the end of the 2016 season when the team sat Zeke).
Dak is 3-3 in those games is his QBR is as follows for each game

Not exactly tearing it up without him .

Now Don't make me post stats for how the team does when Zeke is held in check they are worse. Zeke is the engine that makes the team run, not Dak been that way for 4 years and it will be that way this season too
59, 88, and 63 are all good QBRs, with 46 being slightly below average.

The first three game were without Tyron, the last three were with Tyron. Replacing Tyron with Chaz Green/Byron Bell is what negatively impacted Dak, not Zeke.

The fact some still think Zeke is the engine to the offense after last season is just so sad lol.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

They're only meaningless stats if you can't comprehend them, otherwise the stats are actually very telling and help paint a fuller picture.

Last edited:

PUSHfold

Reaction score
]
Dak has played 6 games without Zeke (not counting a meaninless game at the end of the 2016 season when the team sat Zeke).
Dak is 3-3 in those games is his QBR is as follows for each game

Not exactly tearing it up without him .

Now Don't make me post stats for how the team does when Zeke is held in check they are worse. Zeke is the engine that makes the team run, not Dak been that way for 4 years and it will be that way this season too

During this time period we were also missing Tyron Smith and multiple other pro bowlers on both sides of the ball....It wasn't JUST Zeke gone.. If I remember correctly we were missing 3-5 pro bowlers for portions of these games. I don't care who you are if you lose multiple pro bowlers on both sides of the ball you're ENTIRE team is going to take a huge dip.

Edit: damn someone posted it before I could about Tyron missing.

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
]

During this time period we were also missing Tyron Smith and multiple other pro bowlers on both sides of the ball....It wasn't JUST Zeke gone.. If I remember correctly we were missing 3-5 pro bowlers for portions of these games. I don't care who you are if you lose multiple pro bowlers on both sides of the ball you're ENTIRE team is going to take a huge dip.

Edit: damn someone posted it before I could about Tyron missing.
Franchise QB's can make do without a player or 2...ask Wentz who was missing half his offense last year for the last 4 games of the season but found a way to win

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
59, 88, and 63 are all good QBRs, with 46 being slightly below average.

The first three game were without Tyron, the last three were with Tyron. Replacing Tyron with Chaz Green/Byron Bell is what negatively impacted Dak, not Zeke.

The fact some still think Zeke is the engine to the offense after last season is just so sad lol.

No 88 is a decent QBR 59 and 63 are very pedistrian

Nav22

Reaction score

They should make a Special Ed Zone for posters like you who can’t grasp stats or read at a 3rd grade level.

OP: “Dak’s QBR in empty sets is 4th-best in the NFL.”

Remedial Cowboy Lover: “WAIT BUT HOW DOES THAT COMPARE TO OTHER QBs????”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
88 is an elite QBR, 59 and 63 are both good QBRs. You should know this, this isn't hard.

Ya i know they say 50 is average but you know what when i watch a game and the QB has a QBR of 59 or 63 usually the game was pretty pedestrian/average for the and you should know that

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ya i know they say 50 is average but you know what when i watch a game and the QB has a QBR of 59 or 63 usually the game was pretty pedestrian/average for the and you should know that
Yeah your eye test isn't a good gauging tool, you should know that. And your eye test doesn't suddenly make QBR rating less or more.

What you said was incorrect and I'm glad I was able to teach you something. Hopefully it sticks.

Last edited: