Dak’s Potential Comptetion Candidate?

starcity214

Reaction score
Jerry doesn’t make decisions based on Jersey sales. Only the silly people who crave a real GM believe that.

Jerry gets paid off TV money, that logo and that stadium.

If Dak don’t get right by Training Camp, his *** is going to the bench! #watch

After seeing what Nick Foles did, I would think you clowns wouldn’t be so quick to want to dump a QB who has shown greatness but then had some rough patches. Kurt Warner! Hell bum Romo!

See that's the thing, we have seen guys have a "catch lightning in a bottle" type of year before only to go back to their mediocre selves later..

Flacco in his Superbowl run.. ..look at him now.

Eli Manning is a mediocre QB but had those 2 great seasons..

Countless others like Cassell and Flynn..

Then you have the RG3s , Kaps and Prescott's of the world.. at least the other two had their great years in contract type seasons. Dak could have cashed in if he did this on his contract year..oh well, at least he has his commercials.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Ironically, link opens on youtube and shows Dak's two good passes against the Raiders. Lasts about 15 seconds.

Then the "Romo goes off against the Broncos" immediately starts playing for about 4minutes of his most prolific day. Probably not helping your point.
Look at all of those unreliable targets looking SO reliable for Romo in that video. If only the D hadn't sucked complete a** that season...

OUCowboy

CirrusBLow
Reaction score
If they truly opened up the completion and gave equal time with the first unit, I think Cooper Rush would beat out Dak.

That's why I would draft a QB if the opportunity for one they like is there.

I like Dak Prescott, but he does have his problems. I think it would be a good thing to let Rush challenge him and if it turns out he loses the challenge, then so be it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look I get it..

This is truly a team sport.

There are guys who legitimately get to say "it ain't my fault that we suck" in this league but Prescott ain't one of them...

Guys like Matthew Stafford (perennial loser ) get to say that..

Why? Because every year he is in the top 10 in yards and touchdowns and overall QB stats.... in other words, he is doing his job. He is producing but his TEAM sucks...you see how that works?

Dak , when the team needed him the most, looked like trash.

Also , fans conveniently forget the last two games of the season and the Denver game as well. Both Zeke and Tyron played and Dak looked like crap.

Oh, and before we hear the excuses, who are Matthew Stafford's starting LT and RB? Exaclty......

I'm tired of the excuses..

If Dak needs everything to go right to have a chance to win, what's the point?

First your assertion that Stafford has been good every year of his career is BS with a capital BS. Yes he's had some pretty good seasons but he's also had some not so good seasons. Lets just compare their rookie seasons. Yes Stafford only started 10 games but lets see. Stafford had 20 TD's AND 24 picks with a passer rating of 61 and Prescott had 23 TD's and only 4 picks. In fact he set an NFL record for fewest picks. also he had a passer rating of 104.9 or 43.9 better. In fact Stafford's closest passer rating to Prescott is last season at 99.3. He's never cracked the 100 mark in his career so far.

But here are again with you placing the blame for losses on a single player instead of on the entire team. But just to humor you a little more lets look at something else. Stafford has some (but it's actual the entire lions team) season win/loss records of 2 - 14, 6 - 10, 4 - 12, a couple of 7 - 9, a couple of 9 7 which ties Prescott's second season, and the a couple of good ones with 10 - 6 and 11 - 5.

The point here is your assertion that Stafford played on some teams without a Elliott or other talent the but put up such great stats EVERY YEAR is BS. Now do I think Prescott had a good year in 2017 - heck no, but it was only his 2nd year and there have many many many more players that have had the proverbial sophomore slump and turned things around in their 3rd season again. I expect the same to happen to Prescott. That and maybe, just maybe the supposed #1 receiver will stop his new found dropsy, providing he's still on the team for 2018. Again blame Prescott for all the bad things that happened in a team sport is as foolish as you thinking Stafford put up great numbers every year and is some really good QB. Just a quick thought that just popped back into my mind. Prescott never lost track of where he was on the field and ran out the back of the end zone and then threw a pass like Stafford did. The pass was incomplete but it didn't matter because as soon as he stepped out of the end zone it was a safety.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There isn’t going to be any competition for Dak’s job in training camp and those who are hoping for that are going to be very disappointed. Some would rather have Trevor Siemian than Dak? Right let’s go with a QB coming off shoulder surgery for a second straight year who flamed out in Denver. What a ridiculous Fanbase this is.

starcity214

Reaction score
First your assertion that Stafford has been good every year of his career is BS with a capital BS. Yes he's had some pretty good seasons but he's also had some not so good seasons. Lets just compare their rookie seasons. Yes Stafford only started 10 games but lets see. Stafford had 20 TD's AND 24 picks with a passer rating of 61 and Prescott had 23 TD's and only 4 picks. In fact he set an NFL record for fewest picks. also he had a passer rating of 104.9 or 43.9 better. In fact Stafford's closest passer rating to Prescott is last season at 99.3. He's never cracked the 100 mark in his career so far.

But here are again with you placing the blame for losses on a single player instead of on the entire team. But just to humor you a little more lets look at something else. Stafford has some (but it's actual the entire lions team) season win/loss records of 2 - 14, 6 - 10, 4 - 12, a couple of 7 - 9, a couple of 9 7 which ties Prescott's second season, and the a couple of good ones with 10 - 6 and 11 - 5.

The point here is your assertion that Stafford played on some teams without a Elliott or other talent the but put up such great stats EVERY YEAR is BS. Now do I think Prescott had a good year in 2017 - heck no, but it was only his 2nd year and there have many many many more players that have had the proverbial sophomore slump and turned things around in their 3rd season again. I expect the same to happen to Prescott. That and maybe, just maybe the supposed #1 receiver will stop his new found dropsy, providing he's still on the team for 2018. Again blame Prescott for all the bad things that happened in a team sport is as foolish as you thinking Stafford put up great numbers every year and is some really good QB. Just a quick thought that just popped back into my mind. Prescott never lost track of where he was on the field and ran out the back of the end zone and then threw a pass like Stafford did. The pass was incomplete but it didn't matter because as soon as he stepped out of the end zone it was a safety.

Stafford went to a team looking for a saviour as a rookie... Prescott went to a team with (at the time) the best OLine , a generational RB, and solid receiving core...

Why is it so hard to understand?!

Probably any QB could put up 20 TDs and 4 INT if your only job was to "not mess up"...

I'm sick and tired of hearing about "the great rookie season" because if you really look at it, Dak had it so easy..

Compare him to other rookie QBs and name me one that has came into the league having the best OLine, the best RB and a solid WR corps... I'll wait.

If I had to pick a QB for a win or go home game , I would pick Stafford over Prescott every time!

QBR is one of the most worthless stats.

Is Alex Smith better than Favre , Elway and Aikman? Pfft!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of hearing about "the great rookie season" because if you really look at it, Dak had it so easy..

Understandable. Does that apply to Zeke too? Coming in with the best offensive line, supposedly a top 3 WR who opens up the field, Hall of Fame tight end, a QB who methodically moved the ball down the field protecting the football.

Tired of hearing how great he played or does coming into a good situation only apply to Dak?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I’d like to bring in someone to push him. Not that they’d realistically take his job, but the legitimate pressure would be good for him.

My insiders say the Dolphins have locked on to Baker Mayfield....which makes me wonder.... what do the Dolphins do w/ Ryan Tannehill?

I can see Tannehill beating out Dak.:rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My insiders say the Dolphins have locked on to Baker Mayfield....which makes me wonder.... what do the Dolphins do w/ Ryan Tannehill?

I can see Tannehill beating out Dak.:rolleyes:

That's the right level of player to bring in, anyway. Somebody good enough to actually push him. And somebody with enough starts that you're not writing off the season if Prescott goes down.

I'd expect Dak to play better with somebody to keep on the bench. That's sort of his personality anyway.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How did Dak "have it so easy?" That's borderline insane to even suggest.

Gameover

Reaction score

Unlike Dak detractors, I try to be objective. Here is a play that showcases how Dak was just off from the beginning this season

Dak doesn’t miss that throw in 2016. Now Erod or Khalidi or Williebeamen will say he would have. They are WRONG! But Dak just wasn’t as sharp in 2017 as he was in 2016.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How did Dak "have it so easy?" That's borderline insane to even suggest.

What do you expect from the geniuses on this board? It would take forever to go through all the posts here that borderline insane. My favorite are the posts that claim that Romo never had a team like Dak had in 2016 when Romo had the same type of team in 2014. Murray had a bigger year in 2014 than Zeke had in 2016.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Unlike Dak detractors, I try to be objective. Here is a play that showcases how Dak was just off from the beginning this season

Dak doesn’t miss that throw in 2016. Now Erod or Khalidi or Williebeamen will say he would have. They are WRONG! But Dak just wasn’t as sharp in 2017 as he was in 2016.

mr Gameover---- i agree...if you observed...Dak made an adjustment to his throwing motion ( more of a windmill overhand throw ) in offseason and whoever got him to do that totally sucks for several reasons...one...the release point must be perfect...second..if affected the efficiency of moving his weight from back to front foot ( which already last year had issues )...third...it took him considerably longer to set up and release...i have a feeling it was Dooley who had him do that...and now he is gone...and water boy took over but heard he is real smart and Dak loves him

Gameover

Reaction score
Special gift for Erod Khalidi Williebeamen and all those who lost their mind over the David Carr video

This one’s for y’all

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What do you expect from the geniuses on this board? It would take forever to go through all the posts here that borderline insane. My favorite are the posts that claim that Romo never had a team like Dak had in 2016 when Romo had the same type of team in 2014. Murray had a bigger year in 2014 than Zeke had in 2016.
True story.