Dak’s stats during our three game win streak

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
you are posting complete inane nonsense.
you have exactly zero damn idea how brees has fared with YAC ...ever...
you took one ******** note about dak's yardage and are riding that pony til its back brakes.

that is idioctic on every level.
So you're arguing that Drew doesn't hit his players accurately in stride or that Drew likely doesn't have 2 passes in a 4 game stretch amounting for 18% of his yards?

Good luck with that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The thing I put on coaching is that Dak was solid throwing on the run when rolling out to his right as a rookie, and now he bounces every third pass doing that. I put that on the coaches. But the guys most fans are used to seeing like Romo had years of practice time and coaching before they ever saw the field. And if you look at guys like Drew Brees who started right away, his second season was realy poor too. And guys like David Carr went downhill and never recovered.

In 2016 they went with what Dak did best in college. They took those plays and implemented it in the offense. That gave Dak an easy transition from college to the pros.

They took all of that away. They made him play a style he wasn't comfortable with. Thus we get these awful plays from Dak on occasions.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, I was just correcting you. It being an RPO probably helps your point actually, because it was a good call by Linehan.

My apologies. Looking at the thread, I feel I was a little condescending to you with the “just stop” first comment. I originally misinterpreted your original comment in a particular manner, which I shouldn’t have.

Nav22

Reaction score
18% of his yards over 3 games came on 2 passes. Think about those objective facts.
Nah, I’m thinking about how you tried to dismiss a gorgeous 28-yard strike that led to a 90-yard TD as a “short throw”.

Your anti-Dak agenda is crystal clear.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the fact that two of his three receivers were Pro Bowlers in their primes had nothing to do it. Sure, why not.

And yet, Drew was completing 53% of his passes with those same WRs. Sure, why not..

Nav22

Reaction score
"gorgeous 28 yard strike."

That's how far the bar has fallen.
It was gorgeous to anyone who knows what they’re seeing when they watch a football game.

To those of you who don’t, it was merely a “short throw” that we shouldn’t even credit to the QB!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

I like how you’re not even man enough to admit you were wrong about it being a “short throw.” Funny guy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
To get YAC you either need a wr to make some superhero moves like Amari did yesterday or you need a qb who can hit players in stride and on time and accurately. Does that sound like Dak to you?

He can and has done it, but certainly is not consistent enough with it, especially on deep throws. He had the chance to let Gallup run under a deep throw down the sideline and underthrew it. Hit some of those and defenses have no choice but to back away from the line.

I would like to add that the final TD pass to Cooper was a very well-thrown pass. Prescott put it where he had to put it even if it was Cooper's ability that turned it into a 90-yarder.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
My argument is you’re clueless about what happens in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers was going to be great regardless because he was a first round pick with immense talent, not because he sat around doing nothing for three years. The “film/playbook study” is exactly the same whether you are the starter or the backup. You don’t know what you’re talking about, and I think you are fantasizing that he was attending a football academy or getting special attention from the coaches as an understudy or something equally ludicrous.

As I said, Darren Woodson pretty much said as soon as he saw Romo, he knew he was the best QB on the team and this was despite him being the guy with the practice team or the third string practice QB.

Dak doesn’t even ‘practice well’.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My argument is you’re clueless about what happens in the NFL. Aaron Rodgers was going to be great regardless because he was a first round pick with immense talent, not because he sat around doing nothing for three years. The “film/playbook study” is exactly the same whether you are the starter or the backup. You don’t know what you’re talking about, and I think you are fantasizing that he was attending a football academy or getting special attention from the coaches as an understudy or something equally ludicrous.

starting QBs get the bulk of the snaps and have the majority of the focus in any film room with any coach.

as a very young player Romo didn't even work with the OC much less head coach; he worked with the QB coach alone, which is why Parcells fired that coach when he promoted Romo.
He wanted Romo re-trained to his personal standards.

As to Rodgers listen to HIM... he hated Favre because he wasn't involved at all. He was given no real training advantage.

BUT... yes there is a very real advantage to not starting year 1.
You get additional snaps and practice time. You get stronger, you are a year round pro.
See Pat Mahomes.
It is still helpful.

Dak would have had a very Aaron Rodgers like trajectory except Romo had a bad back.
He was 3rd string... and an afterthought when he simply beat out Sanchez and won the job for good by executing mistake-free football to go win 13 games as a rookie.

Dak wasn't some rd1 guy with every box checked that was handed a starting job and allowed to go win 3 games in year 1 on a rebuilding team throwing it 40 tiomes and turning it over.
He simply won the job due to his durability and execution.

Tony Romo was cut because he made 1.5M PER START over his final 3 NFL seasons and the Dallas Cowboys could not overcome that to win.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo was 0-for December in the middle of his career and terrible in his first two playoff games.

He had very real faults.

Being a gunslinger, passing TDs and yardage totals weren't one of them.
But that gun-slinging came with a very real turnover problem.
Live by the gun die by the gun was a very real thing.

Later on after years of film review and study he beat his TO problems but unfortunately his health didn't hold up.

He was like that because Jason Garrett was his play-caller and his defenses were trash and he had no running game, because JG had no idea how to field one. And then JG started being abolished completely from the offense and Jerry started giving Romo the control by forcing it from on top.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And yet, Drew was completing 53% of his passes with those same WRs. Sure, why not..

The 34 year old Drew Bledsoe who could barely move and got benched? Is it that Drew or some other one?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
As I said, Darren Woodson pretty much said as soon as he saw Romo, he knew he was the best QB on the team and this was despite him being the guy with the practice team or the third string practice QB.

Dak doesn’t even ‘practice well’.
I believe Sean Payton also said this according to Darren. Can’t give the source because it’s a banned site, but it’s easily found. Parcels was an old school coach who would rather kill himself than play a rookie QB. Heck even when they finally trotted Romo out in year four, you knew that he REALLY had to be at the end of his rope with Bledsoe to make that move.

khiladi

Reaction score
The 34 year old Drew Bledsoe who could barely move and got benched? Is it that Drew or some other one?

Yeah, the one whose sucky QB play couldn’t do anything for this mediocre roster, despite having pro-Bowl WRs and Romo had to come in and save the season.. not the one that had 4 all pro OL and best rushing attack in football built by one of the greatest OL coaches in history when scrubby Dak came on..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak played with the ‘worst’ WRs because the argument was they needed to make it Dak friendly and he was even saying they don’t need a number one WR.

The argument was they didn’t want him forcing the ball, the problem with that, he doesn’t go through his progressions and he only works half the field.

So Dak can hit Cooper as his first read, which was never an issue with Dak in the first place.

Congratulations... Dak hit Cooper as is furst read against a bunch of cover 1, press coverage 8 men in the box, the whole game, where if he was even a good QB, he’d be making defenses pay regularly and not going below 20 points a game regularly and forcing defenses to shift coverage.
You clearly do not know what you're talking about. Holy hell, even the commentators talked about it when they watched the replay, lol...

khiladi

Reaction score
How do you measure accuracy? Your gut feeling?!

How does Troy Aikman measure accurate? Clearly accuracy is measured by completion percentage as well as difficult of throws, thus the word “checkdown Charlie”. Weeden threw for over 70% here.. is he a highly accurate QB? Eli Manning’s numbers in his last five games is better than Dak’s and he’s got a garbage OL. Is he highly accurate QB?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
starting QBs get the bulk of the snaps and have the majority of the focus in any film room with any coach.

as a very young player Romo didn't even work with the OC much less head coach; he worked with the QB coach alone, which is why Parcells fired that coach when he promoted Romo.
He wanted Romo re-trained to his personal standards.

As to Rodgers listen to HIM... he hated Favre because he wasn't involved at all. He was given no real training advantage.

BUT... yes there is a very real advantage to not starting year 1.
You get additional snaps and practice time. You get stronger, you are a year round pro.
See Pat Mahomes.
It is still helpful.

Dak would have had a very Aaron Rodgers like trajectory except Romo had a bad back.
He was 3rd string... and an afterthought when he simply beat out Sanchez and won the job for good by executing mistake-free football to go win 13 games as a rookie.

Dak wasn't some rd1 guy with every box checked that was handed a starting job and allowed to go win 3 games in year 1 on a rebuilding team throwing it 40 tiomes and turning it over.
He simply won the job due to his durability and execution.

Tony Romo was cut because he made 1.5M PER START over his final 3 NFL seasons and the Dallas Cowboys could not overcome that to win.
I can get behind the idea that one season as a redshirt is a benefit to a QB. Carson Palmer also sat out an entire season by design behind Kitna and then was immediately good, like Mahomes. Keep in mind these were also “designed” situations where the guy was being helped by at least a somewhat willing mentor. And there are others. But the idea that Romo and Rodgers were advantaged by 3 1/2 and 3 seaons respectively of never playing is ridiculous. It’s a huge detriment, they would have been much better off playing.