Dak’s stats during our three game win streak

khiladi

Reaction score
I clinched my butt cheeks on a few throws tonight but this was by far his best game [in my opinion] of the season and the Commanders have a darn good defense.

I live in DC and it’s pretty much accepted here the Commanders defense has not been tested.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
767 yards
3 passing TDs
3 rushing TDs
0 INTs
11 YPC
70.8% completions
100.1 passer rating

Pretty good for the “worst starting QB in the league”

Its good, no doubt ... but the elite QBs pass 500 yards per game .

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Note when the Commanders were sacking Dak in the first half how he suddenly started throwing bad passes? This goes back to what I think is his problem. He needs a clean pocket.

But one of the big factors is that Dallas had crappy field position all day and Linehan was calling some stupid plays during the second quarter. My opinion.
Dak needing a clean pocket. Don’t go too far out on a limb there

khiladi

Reaction score
he was responding to me. so since you want me to quote myself I will. I still don't see where anyone said he makes those throws consistently.

Of course it does. He ‘put the ball in their hands’ on a throw any QB should make, on the perfect play call. He had one really difficult throw while he was sailing duds regularly as well. If he hit Gallup and put it in his hands, with that much time, he could have added yi his yardage total.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dak needing a clean pocket. Don’t go too far out on a limb there

Dak rushes after he starts sensing pressure, but that doesn't mean he will do that forever. Every QB has things they need to develop in time, every top QB had some part of their game that had to be developed in game reps.

And its funny how missing 60% of your starting OL is considered an excuse for every QB in the league but Prescott.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course it does. He ‘put the ball in their hands’ on a throw any QB should make, on the perfect play call. He had one really difficult throw while he was sailing duds regularly as well. If he hit Gallup and put it in his hands, with that much time, he could have added yi his yardage total.
are you intentionally being obtuse? where did anyone say he makes those throws consistently? that was a claim you made and the one being questioned here.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Note when the Commanders were sacking Dak in the first half how he suddenly started throwing bad passes? This goes back to what I think is his problem. He needs a clean pocket.

But one of the big factors is that Dallas had crappy field position all day and Linehan was calling some stupid plays during the second quarter. My opinion.

Exactly.....those debacles inside the 5 on both ends on the field did him no favors!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dak rushes after he starts sensing pressure, but that doesn't mean he will do that forever. Every QB has things they need to develop in time, every top QB had some part of their game that had to be developed in game reps.

And its funny how missing 60% of your starting OL is considered an excuse for every QB in the league but Prescott.
I am very happy with where we are right now. It’s amazing. Dak is part of this, Kai.

Gonna lick up this 6-5 turnaround, brother.

morat1959

Reaction score
Nonsense.. that’s a one in a million throw for Dak like it was in all of 2016 in his best year. He never throws that and you thinking he does just shows how oblivious you homers are to reality. He looks WRs away all the time when they are running free in that area.

1483452318_DakFULLSeasonChart.jpeg

Thank you!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Very true, and by the way, all QBs need clean pockets.

Yes, watching Brees now and Dak would kill to have the pocket Brees gets. Our OL isn't in the same area code in terms of payment protection.

I still think Dak lacks pocket awareness, but damn the Saints can pass block.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's so odd with Dak, there are times he is frustrating with poor throws or slow reads. Then he dazzles with an amazing play that it seems no other QB can make.
Its not odd that's what you get with avg players with some talent. Some good plays and some bad. When the Boys win people dismiss all the bad plays and that's why I think more people,end up thinking its odd like you. Dak is inconsistent

TheHerd

Reaction score

I do agree on the OL comment. Funny how Buck and Troy kept mentioning the Commanders OL injuries but didn't harp on the 3 we were missing.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Which Qb in the league doesn't do this when they start getting sacked?

I think Linehan was being ultra conservative because he knew if we didn't turn the ball over(like last time) that we would be able to hold them in the end. I hate that they were so conservative in the beginning but their strategy was to not turn the ball over. Stunk of Parcell's.

I absolutely agree with this. I don’t understand the ultra conservatism in the 1st half. They loosened up towards the end of the 2nd qtr and entire 2nd half. The playcalling in the 1st half was what put this team @ 3-5 record. I said this in the game threads, but I’ve noticed Dallas turns the switch on in the 2nd half in the last 3 games. They’re making adjustments and it’s working.