Dak 20-25mil or Tyrod Taylor 12-15Million

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You need help. I predicted Tyrod's starting time in Cleveland would be less than 3 games. He was a huge disappointment and it could have been predicted if you watched him play in Buffalo. Why do you think a QB hungry team like Buffalo let him go??? The guy is awful.
You didn’t predict anything, troll. Go crawl back under your rock. Again, the statistics that Dak slobberers love say that Taylor and Dak are two peas in a pod. Dak is not a good QB at all and he would already be out of the league if he was drafted into any other situation.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn’t predict anything, troll. Go crawl back under your rock. Again, the statistics that Dak slobberers love say that Taylor and Dak are two peas in a pod. Dak is not a good QB at all and he would already be out of the league if he was drafted into any other situation.

This is so ridiculous it's laughable. I can accept if you don't think he should be starting, but to suggest he isn't even good enough to be a backup QB in the NFL is asinine.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This is so ridiculous it's laughable. I can accept if you don't think he should be starting, but to suggest he isn't even good enough to be a backup QB in the NFL is asinine.
There is hardly a meaningful distinction between being out of the NFL and being a backup. Sure he could be a backup, but he also could easily not be a backup on a whim, either through his or a team’s decision. Cooper Rush is a backup now, but if the Cowboys cut him he almost certainly would be out of the NFL simply because the other backup jobs are filled, not because he couldn’t do the job.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is hardly a meaningful distinction between being out of the NFL and being a backup. Sure he could be a backup, but he also could easily not be a backup on a whim, either through his or a team’s decision. Cooper Rush is a backup now, but if the Cowboys cut him he almost certainly would be out of the NFL simply because the other backup jobs are filled, not because he couldn’t do the job.

So, you your belief is a guy who borderline to even make a roster and you think isn't worthy of being in the NFL at all was somehow able to have one of the best seasons of any rookie QB ever, QB a team that won two division titles in his 3 years in the league, and have a career QB rating of 96.0? Again, pretty ridiculous.

Look around at even starting QBs in the NFL. He's at least middle of the pack statistically among starters in the NFL. Can any reasonable person really say Dak is a worse QB than Bortles and Tannehill and Darnold and Flacco and Dalton and Mariota and Keenum etc ...? Of course not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Philly won a championship with a backup QB. They got to the playoffs, this year with a backup QB. I think it's a mistake to sell the position of backup QB short. We may not have had a good one in awhile here but we have had them in the past. Roger was a backup to Craig Morton, Danny White was a backup to Roger, Tony was a backup to a list of craptastic QBs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in the Buffalo area. I have watched Tyrod. I wouldn't sign him for 1 M. He is not a QB, he is a running back playing the position. He cannot pass a ball at all. Despite the years under center, he panics and runs. His accuracy is likely amongst the worst in the league.

As a fragile running QB, the injuries have started and they will continue. Running QBs have a short life span in this league.

Hmmmm who does that remind you of???

Anyone???
Anyone???

P.S. Name starts with the letter "D".....

Ken

Reaction score
Why is this ridiculous thread still going?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I would be checking on Jacoby Brissett though. See what he might bring in the form of competition ....

sean10mm

Reaction score
Tyrod is markedly worse than Dak. It's not even close lmao.

Code:
Year   Cmp% TD% Int% Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G Rate NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
Care   66.1 4.5  1.7 7.4  7.5 11.2 226.6 96.0 6.42  6.56 7.1   8  14

Code:
Care   61.6 3.9  1.5 7.0  7.1 11.4 153.7 89.6 5.84  5.95 9.5   4   5

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Tyrod is flat out terrible
They are basically the same quarterback. 2015 and 2016 versions of Tyrod are almost exactly the same as Dak the last two years. If Dak gets a pass because the WRs were crappy in the first half of this season, or for anything OL related, imagine what Tyrod had to deal with in Buffalo and Cleveland.

I like Dak and have no problem saying that he's a $25m quarterback. But Tyrod is a perfect fit for this offense - game management punctuated by deep balls. If $10m means another playmaker on the outside, I'd think long and hard about that swap.

kskboys

Reaction score

Code:

Code:
You really don't even need stats to show it. It's simply a known fact that Tyrod is not a good QB. It's both pathetic and freaky to see people deny obvious facts.

kskboys

Reaction score
They are basically the same quarterback. 2015 and 2016 versions of Tyrod are almost exactly the same as Dak the last two years. If Dak gets a pass because the WRs were crappy in the first half of this season, or for anything OL related, imagine what Tyrod had to deal with in Buffalo and Cleveland.

I like Dak and have no problem saying that he's a $25m quarterback. But Tyrod is a perfect fit for this offense - game management punctuated by deep balls. If $10m means another playmaker on the outside, I'd think long and hard about that swap.
They are not close to being the same QB.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Code:

Code:
It looks largely the same to me in key metrics and you forgot the rushing totals (which is ironic since Dak slobberers always have them ready when comparing Dak to other QBs). I don’t think you know what “markedly” means.
Also a better comparison is Taylor’s three year run from 2015-2017 compared to Dak’s 2016-2018. Taylor did not have enough attempts to qualify for statistic leaderboards in any other year.
Does Dak have a slight edge as a passer? Sure, but it’s not anywhere near as big as Dak slobberers think it is and it’s mostly comes down to who is the shinier turd. But it’s easy to say “Taylor sucks” but then get mad when nationally Dak is considered to be in the same class as Taylor for the exact same reasons.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers were 97 and Andrew Luck was 98.

We better go get Tyron Taylor now before the Patriots, Packers or Colts snatch him up.

Any other brilliant comments?
You're asking for brilliant comments and just compared Dak Prescott to Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and it wasn't in jest.

Yikes.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I see literacy isn't a strong point with certain people so I'm going to break it down:

Tyrod over his career has:

70 yards per game on average less than Dak, who is already blasted for low passing volume (WHERE ARE THE 300 YARD GAMES?!?!)
Lower completion % when Dak is already blasted for his accuracy
Lower yards per attempt, net yards per attempt, adjusted yards per attempt, adjusted net yards per attempt when Dak is already blasted for throwing short too much
Higher sack % when Dak is already blasted for holding the ball too long

Like, this isn't even a defense of Dak, particularly. It's just that Tyrod is clear-cut worse than Dak across the board, and in the specific areas Dak haters are always going apoplectic about.

Tyrod Taylor is a bad option ESPECIALLY if you hate Dak's style of play, because he's just an across-the-board worse version of Dak.

superonyx

Reaction score
You're asking for brilliant comments and just compared Dak Prescott to Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and it wasn't in jest.

Yikes.
And he is about to be paid like them also.
Have fun crying about for the next 6 years.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I see literacy isn't a strong point with certain people so I'm going to break it down:

Tyrod over his career has:

70 yards per game on average less than Dak, who is already blasted for low passing volume (WHERE ARE THE 300 YARD GAMES?!?!)
Lower completion % when Dak is already blasted for his accuracy
Lower yards per attempt, net yards per attempt, adjusted yards per attempt, adjusted net yards per attempt when Dak is already blasted for throwing short too much
Higher sack % when Dak is already blasted for holding the ball too long

Like, this isn't even a defense of Dak, particularly. It's just that Tyrod is clear-cut worse than Dak across the board, and in the specific areas Dak haters are always going apoplectic about.

Tyrod Taylor is a bad option ESPECIALLY if you hate Dak's style of play, because he's just an across-the-board worse version of Dak.
Replies work better when you quote the person you are talking to, troll. But we both know you are cowering in fear under your rock because you are afraid to face me, don’t we? I ask you again, where are the rushing numbers that Dak slobberers love to tout?
While you are making a huge deal out of tenths of a yard differences, statistics like QBR and average value that incorporate rushing both state that Tyrod and Dak are very close to the same guy.
Now back under the rock you go...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we were going to move on from Dak, which I doubt we even consider, I would actually think about signing Foles to a FA contract and work out a trade for Dak with an interested party for draft picks in the 2020 Draft. It's likely that we would get higher pics in a trade such as that and then I would go find my QB there.
Again, I very much doubt that's even a blip on the radar but if I were going to trade, that's probably how I would try to do it.