Twitter: Dak addresses Butler's possible return

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In his defense, he did say he beg coaches for more opportunities and chance to run more different routes. Let's be honest, with Dez, Jason Witten, and Beasley in front of you, not many targets are coming your way. Guess my thinking is no one knows him better than Dak. If he wants him back, I'm all for it.....

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
In his defense, he did say he beg coaches for more opportunities and chance to run more different routes. Let's be honest, with Dez, Jason Witten, and Beasley in front of you, not many targets are coming your way. Guess my thinking is no one knows him better than Dak. If he wants him back, I'm all for it.....
Stop that whine and whine now

Frozen700

Reaction score
So he does have a say about who goes and who stays.

It's safe to say he got rid of Dez

Zman5

Reaction score
He makes highlight type of catches. Problem is, he also drops easy ones.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Didn't we already get a tweet the other day that stated we'd already signed him? Regardless, it'll be interesting to see if the team gives Butler his way to become a starter. He'd need to overcome some WRs that are likely to stand in the way of him getting that wish. Seems to me like he's expecting more than he's likely to get. We'll see about that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Butler didn’t open his mouth he would probably still be here. And would have gotten what he wanted in being a starter. Funny how things work. He gives the team choice to start him or release. They release him. Then Dez gets cut which would have left Butler and T-Will.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
So glad we can enable Dak and get him his blanky. God forbid we have a QB who makes the receivers around him better.
,,,er,,,:muttley:,,,props r n order,,,regardless of a fans stance, with this post:thumbup:

* New England seemingly
slurpped up a
" floater" outta' the Browns toilet bowl to tame Tommie's tantrums, Too.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As long as Dak is allowed to play how he played last game I really dont care who they bring back.....exception Dez.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I'm not sure this will give the current receiving corps warm fuzzier about Dak. At a time that he should be building rapport with them, he embraces bringing back a receiver who he says he's comfortable with, who can stretch the defense deep. I think Gallup and Austin are more talented than Butler, and Thompson is probably as good. This sends the wrong message, IMO, and will hurt progress more than help. It's a desperate move. We should be developing Gallup and Austin ******, not pushing them further down the depth chart.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hurns is gone... his comments after the Panthers game obviously pissed Garrett and Dak off, and his on-field production doesn’t merit tolerating his presence in the locker room

Bringing back a familiar face while dumping a guy who publicly left his QB out to dry after 1 game looks to be the decision here.

FWIW— IMO, Hurns was technically right— the problem wasn’t the WRs in Carolina. But he was so wrong to not have his QBs back publicly— especially as a new guy in Dallas. Gotta be smarter than that.

Anyway— this is clearly Dak’s team now, so offensive personnel that don’t step up and support the team by backing him up are likely headed off the roster

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Didn't we already get a tweet the other day that stated we'd already signed him? Regardless, it'll be interesting to see if the team gives Butler his way to become a starter. He'd need to overcome some WRs that are likely to stand in the way of him getting that wish. Seems to me like he's expecting more than he's likely to get. We'll see about that. :rolleyes:

No way he comes in a start but right now most targets are going to Beasley and Thompson, with Austin getting a few. No hard to see ( not to me at least ) Dak and Hurns have a ways to go. Gallup is a rookie and TWill apparently found a home in coaches doghouse. If he's signed, it may take a couple games but It would not surprise me if becomes No. 2 target outside of Beasley. Hell Dak comments make it obvious he's going to give him every chance to make an impact.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Wow. All our receivers are great.

He's as useless to listen to as his head coach.
You expected him to throw someone under the bus? He was asked a question and answered it. He didn't hold a press conference to discuss his feelings of the WR core. Your boy Wentz, or any other QB for that matter would have said the same thing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Translation: We have nobody that can get deep. We need Bryce.

............all is a sad commentary on the off season evaluation process at WR.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I favor being patient until Dak and Hurns get more in sync with one another before drawing any conclusions about their compatibility. In fact, much the same could be said about all of them, including Williams. It'll get better in time.

Before this season ends, I'm expecting we'll see things much more clearly. I think Dak, Austin, Thompson and Gallup realistically need some more time to improve their timing and get themselves in sync. It's too early yet to form judgments on them all. By December, I think we'll likely find out.

Last edited:

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
As a Cowboy fan, I sure hope this doesn't mean even less of Tavon. Obviously, I love what he can bring to the party but the coaches feel otherwise. Adding a 'pet' of Dak will turn Tavon from a guest at the party to a waiter serving beverages.