Twitter: Dak addresses Butler's possible return

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm not sure this will give the current receiving corps warm fuzzier about Dak. At a time that he should be building rapport with them, he embraces bringing back a receiver who he says he's comfortable with, who can stretch the defense deep. I think Gallup and Austin are more talented than Butler, and Thompson is probably as good. This sends the wrong message, IMO, and will hurt progress more than help. It's a desperate move. We should be developing Gallup and Austin ******, not pushing them further down the depth chart.
Ya,well,,,while,that could easily be considered a 'clear sight picture' it's running HAND-N-GLOVE to the #9 vs #4 narrative of 2016 QB command decision,,, ie: outta' the pleabs hands:rolleyes:

*there's a preseason dated YouTube video of Cowherd / chiefs qb Mayhomes still up & gettin' major clicker hits,in where this Patrick Cat emphatically attests to that rookie season of his, SITTING on the BENCH, just watching, learning & ABSORBING, has pretty much placed him at the end of the STUDY BOOK,,,as compared to starting as a rookie navigating still thru the first CHAPTER ,,,o_O

Blackrain

Reaction score
can he catch? lol...Speed is great..but hands are more important. BTW...I didn't see blazing speed when he was here. Unless Sanjay can coach him up fast, he wont be a factor anytime soon.

I have to say he has average hands seen him drop a few but Im hoping the chemistry with Dak out weighs the average hands

JReed1000

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with his holding and down field blocking. I remember some huge plays Zeke had called back because of his bonehead decisions.... But I still think he's better than Williams.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Didn't we already get a tweet the other day that stated we'd already signed him? Regardless, it'll be interesting to see if the team gives Butler his way to become a starter. He'd need to overcome some WRs that are likely to stand in the way of him getting that wish. Seems to me like he's expecting more than he's likely to get. We'll see about that. :rolleyes:
It’s easy to read between the lines - thumbody ain’t cutting it and is fixin’ to be cut.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Butler earned more opportunities last year but the coaches refused to provide them. I think the coaches and butler agreed on his critique which is they should ask receivers to lineup everywhere, run all routes, and feed the hot hand. He's a bigger body who can also get downfield and already knows the playbook, should never have left.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It’s easy to read between the lines - thumbody ain’t cutting it and is fixin’ to be cut.

I'm not assuming Butler will get his way about being a starter. I'm unsure Butler's any better than those we already have in house but we'll see. Seems to me like he's pushing his luck if he demands being a starter. He'd be lucky to get his old job back after shooting his mouth off.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hurns is gone... his comments after the Panthers game obviously pissed Garrett and Dak off, and his on-field production doesn’t merit tolerating his presence in the locker room

Bringing back a familiar face while dumping a guy who publicly left his QB out to dry after 1 game looks to be the decision here.

FWIW— IMO, Hurns was technically right— the problem wasn’t the WRs in Carolina. But he was so wrong to not have his QBs back publicly— especially as a new guy in Dallas. Gotta be smarter than that.

Anyway— this is clearly Dak’s team now, so offensive personnel that don’t step up and support the team by backing him up are likely headed off the roster

*The FWIW-IMO is DEADNUTS in the BULLSEYE X-ring,HAWKEYE,,AS,in the postgame Pressers of DAK,,,ha! That ol' boy DAMN Sure had his HEAD COACHES back, in his answers,,,cuz' ,,,we all know ,were it NOT for IMMEDIATE & appropriate ACTIONS directed straight down from SKYBOX COMMAND, week #2 would've
( more than likely) been more of the same GARRETT /LINEHAN offensive week #1_ATTACK scheme ,,,& J.G.'S post game presser was as equally transparent in it's C.Y.A. impressiveness,,,o_O:clap:
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

fansince68

Reaction score
Dak's summary is good enough for me. Let's get Brice back in here. Brice never liked Dez and always thought he was better than Dez. I recall watching Brice on 1st Take when asked about Dez... This was before Dez was appropriately cut from the team. The look on Brice's face and his struggle for words said it all. Dez's cancerous team splitting whining never registered with Brice. So he bounced. I'd welcome him back with open arms. He legit did have great chemistry with Dak and there are zero reason to believe they won't pick right back up where they left off.

Cut one of these jag TEs and get him in here.
If Dak would have had better accuracy last season we would have been bragging about his chemistry with Dez. It takes 2 participants to have chemistry . Dak desperately needs a proven and competent qb coach.

Proof

Reaction score
Didn’t someone mention that we would get a 3rd round comp pick for Hitch provided Deonte isn’t on the roster past week 10. Maybe this is to facilitate that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Im excited to see Butler come back I really thought we would have kept him . He and Dak in there limited time together seemed to hit it off pretty well .
based on what, an avg of 1 catch per game their time together. He had opportunities to unseat guys like TWill and could not he was always the #4 WR and the 5th receiving option.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If Dak would have had better accuracy last season we would have been bragging about his chemistry with Dez. It takes 2 participants to have chemistry . Dak desperately needs a proven and competent qb coach.
Dak's chemistry with who?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. All our receivers are great.

He's as useless to listen to as his head coach.
I agree about useless to listen to because what's he gonna say? He starts trashing them maybe they start asking why they aren't getting balls when open.

cern

Reaction score
all our wr's will be better now that the former #1 is gone. improvement will be logarithmic