Twitter: Dak + Amari = top 10 QB

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
I know that the Dak haters have some valid arguments on whether or not it's Amari and Gallup making him look good, but I would say this. Our wide receivers first half of last year we're scrubs for the most part with only Gallup showing promise. I think it's hard to judge Dak based on the start of the 2018 season because of not only the predictable system we we're running but also the very real lack of experience at WR and TE.

At the beginning of last season, Cole Beasley was the #1 receiver in Dallas. Beasley is limited. The others were a promising rookie, a new veteran cast off and some special teams dudes. That plan was deeply flawed.

Now that Dallas has put together a competent receiving corps, the QB looks competent. You could argue, and the OP is in this case, that the QB is borderline elite with a legit supporting cast.

Every big time QB needs a strong supporting cast.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Dak sux...400 yards 4 tds last week? He should have had 600 yards 10 TDs with the weapons and o-line he's got, total garbage. Especially going up against a crappy team like the giants

FIFY ;).

Oh and I forgot to add the continually move the bar statement, wait till he plays a team with a real defense, then we'll see how average he is. :rolleyes:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yeah. Hurns, Twill, Swaim, and Beas will make any QB look bad. Even the really good one.

This was the biggest issue. You had an unimaginative passing scheme with arguably the weakest group of pass catchers in the league. The vast majority of teams had two WRs better than our supposed #1. That's inexcusable.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Doesn't matter though because Dak's supposed to get it done with elite numbers regardless of what's around him. Wentz was complete garbage his first season with crap weapons around him but gets a pass. Now that Wentz got some talent around him and his numbers skyrocketed he's all world and it's all him all the time.
Dak's the only guy in the NFL expected to get it done with crap and not to have his numbers dip any whatsoever or he's total trash.

Dak sux...400 yards 4 tds last week? He should have had 600 yards 10 TDs with the weapons and o-line he's got, total garbage.
Is that the dreaded only child spoiled rotten syndrome I smell?:facepalm:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
FIFY ;).

Oh and I forgot to add the continually move the bar statement, wait till he plays a team with a real defense, then we'll see how average he is. :rolleyes:
It wasn't just against the Giants, perhaps you missed his games against Seattle in the playoffs or the defending Superbowl champs he swept.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't just against the Giants, perhaps you missed his games against Seattle in the playoffs or the defending Superbowl champs he swept.

His biggest moment was with his legs.....don't know if you've heard QB get the big bucks to pass the ball.

P.S. Against teams other than the Giants lol.....like the Colts or the Broncos ......but don't worry DC and Fish coming up he will be great again......our Dak fears begin when week 4 arrives.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

I was referring to how the Dak haters respond not how I feel... I've always been in camp Dak... Just like I was in camp Romo.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah there’s been a visible turnaround in Dak’s game since Amari arrived. He was just what the doctor ordered.

Crazy how much of a difference hes made. I remember having to defend the team after the trade. People were laughing at us, but who's laughing now?

I also remember many Cowboy fans saying Cooper would be "wasted" here. I hope we can get him and Dak signed long term very soon.

Jstopper

Reaction score
His biggest moment was with his legs.....don't know if you've heard QB get the big bucks to pass the ball.

P.S. Against teams other than the Giants lol.....like the Colts or the Broncos ......but don't worry DC and Fish coming up he will be great again......our Dak fears begin when week 4 arrives.

You are ridiculous and laughable at this point

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

You just sit back and lose this bet tomorrow haha

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
No, but Dak should'nt have what most elite QB's have. HE should be able to be great with scrubs at WR.

Was watching Cowherd last week argue that unlike Mahomes and Wentz, Dak needs weapons and a system in order to thrive.

Ignore the comparison of the QBs, that’s not the point — it just baffled me because Mahomes and Wentz are both in terrific systems for quarterbacks; systems that have been praised for developing and enhancing QB play.

Add in the fact that Mahomes has more weapons than anyone in the league, and Wentz has fine talent around him as well including a top line, it just seemed like a strange topic to focus in on.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There's no way to understate the impact Cooper has made on this offense since last November. I'm not denying that.

But with all due respect to Amari, Dak himself said that from the midpoint of last season everything started to click for him and he started to see the field a lot better. And now with Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb at his disposal, this could be a very special year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Doesn't matter though because Dak's supposed to get it done with elite numbers regardless of what's around him. Wentz was complete garbage his first season with crap weapons around him but gets a pass. Now that Wentz got some talent around him and his numbers skyrocketed he's all world and it's all him all the time.
Dak's the only guy in the NFL expected to get it done with crap and not to have his numbers dip any whatsoever or he's total trash.

Dak sux...400 yards 4 tds last week? He should have had 600 yards 10 TDs with the weapons and o-line he's got, total garbage.
I for sure do NOT give Wentz or Goff a pass for their rookie years.. you use a totality of their careers to this point to compare them all.. too many Wentz and Goff fans who want to elevate them above dak want to throw out daks rookie year..huh he played it as a ROOK, he should get extra credit for being on 13-3 division winning playoff team not the opposite just because eth other two have been better the last two years.. add it all up they are neck and neck in a debate..

but to be fain none of them deserve the money they are getting including Dak.. you should be rewarded for being top 10 with top 5 money, worse maybe market setting money.. I digress it is the QB dilemma now.. all you have to be is really good to get paid elite money..

when they hit Brees, Brady, Mahomes and rogers status let me know..i wont hold my breath..

let me know when they hit the next 5 ie tier 1 in big ben, rivers, Wilson , Luck, and ?

maybe we start tier 2- 10 at Watson? I hate to admit Dwat is better but I saw what hes doing over there with less talent especially getting pounded with all those sacks and still having great stat lines..he just gets back up and slings it..Might be short career like Luck and now Cam because of all the hits they took early..

then Daks in the debates with Wentz and Goff for tier 2 finishing off with Baker Mayfield, Stafford, Cousins, Ryan, Kyler murray(maybe),Lamar jackson and Carr

so like we said all along at this point Daks still outside the top 10 but getting better..

Tier 3 winston, Mariotta and well all up for grabs..tons of rookies and 2nd year guys rounding out the bottom 16..

thats my list it can change at seasons end , maybe dak finally gets into top 10..so top even with Aamri and Gallup/Cobb, not quite.. thats a tough list to crack..

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
And to think some of our zoners had compared Dak to Tebow. The numbers aren't even remotely close. Tebow had weapons too....demaryius thomas, eric parker, willis mcgahee.......yet he didnt produce. And to think we still allow these zoners a platform to continue to spew their crap evaluation about our QB......they keep moving the goal posts when Dak shuts them up........