Twitter: Dak + Amari = top 10 QB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Was watching Cowherd last week argue that unlike Mahomes and Wentz, Dak needs weapons and a system in order to thrive.

Ignore the comparison of the QBs, that’s not the point — it just baffled me because Mahomes and Wentz are both in terrific systems for quarterbacks; systems that have been praised for developing and enhancing QB play.

Add in the fact that Mahomes has more weapons than anyone in the league, and Wentz has fine talent around him as well including a top line, it just seemed like a strange topic to focus in on.

Ironic isn't it? Mahones has arguably the best weapons in the NFL and coaching. Wentz has no shortage of either.

Didn't someone post just a few weeks ago how the Eagles receivers were rated better than ours?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak is clearly a top-10 QB. That results speak for themselves.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

Dak has been impressive since the Cooper trade, overall.
Add in the six rushing TDs since getting Cooper and that's 26 overall TDs over a twelve game span.
The only thing left I want to see is, can he consistently perform well against good defenses if the running game isn't firing on all cylinders?
Last week was one of the handful of times he's looked really good when the running game wasn't lighting it up. Same against the Giants week 17 last year.
With the improved mechanics, being more seasoned and being in a much better offensive scheme, I believe he can.
Washington's D should be a solid test.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Was watching Cowherd last week argue that unlike Mahomes and Wentz, Dak needs weapons and a system in order to thrive.

Ignore the comparison of the QBs, that’s not the point — it just baffled me because Mahomes and Wentz are both in terrific systems for quarterbacks; systems that have been praised for developing and enhancing QB play.

Add in the fact that Mahomes has more weapons than anyone in the league, and Wentz has fine talent around him as well including a top line, it just seemed like a strange topic to focus in on.

That’s absurd. If anything, Dak is the one who’s succeeded despite not having a system until Moore. Dak played in as traditional a Coryell offense as you will find in the modern NFL.