Dak and Receivers on Vacation

HanD

Reaction score
Ok, so is this a good thing or bad thing? I remember a certain Cabo trip that had everyone flipping out so I'd like to know if I need to cheer about this or starting burning my Dak jersey...

it's cause crayton wasn't in cabo....lead to the drop on third down.

Rayman70

Reaction score
beaze is fine. Dak just trying to build a chemistry with the new group.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont' disagree. But if I take my rose colored glasses off and put down my kool aid......we are asking a lot of this receiving core......something that I don't think that has even been done in recent memory. I can't recall a young qb having his whole unit retooled and i'm assuming we are going to change the playbook some to. Its a lot of retooling to be done in one offseason. It worked last year with the secondary.

We are asking a rookie to be a top threat in this league at receiver. We are asking Hurns to be healthy which he hasn't been in awhile. We are asking Beasley to offer more than the 300 yards he gave us last year......we are asking Terrance Williams to be consistent. We are asking Deonte Thompson to simply give us SOMETHING. We are asking Tavon Austin......to give us 12-20 touches if i'm to believe Stephen.

There's a HUGE mystery there. If the unit performs....it defied the odds and did something that probably hasn't ever been done.

You should know by now that Dallas only plans for best case scenarios.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dak listed as 6'2. Hurns looks taller and Gallup looks to be his hieght.....hmmmm interesting

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let them Dish Mr. Cowboy (Dez) if his new QB is a STUD they will once again see what he can do when a capable QB is throwing the ball...............and they will understand the mistake as its pretty much the same one we made when we didn't give Romo Jobs back.....Dak-extinction baby a sign of the times in Big D.....
I can't believe you guys still haven't let the Romo thing for. How many playoff wins did Romo have?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Believe this guys. The 2018 Dallas Cowboy wr corp has been reading,listening to ALL the so called pundits,experts...naysayers..what have you, doubt them and even disparage them almost daily. Don't think for 1 second that these dudes aint hungry and motivated to shove that crow right down their throats. This group is MUCH underrated. Hurns' addition has gone almost totally unnoticed. You can hear the darn crickets chirpin its so quiet. BUT ya know what, I LOVE THAT. We gonna sneak up on teams because of that and shock the world. We gonna start fast. The loud mouth is no longer here...so the attention normally paid to our receivers is pretty much gone. Its a clean slate.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The greatest show on turf. 2.0. We got the horses to pull it off OVER TIME. It may not be that right away..but I see HUGE production from the wr corp. Its going to be the story early on in the NFL.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Our receivers have been overrated for years because of humpty dumpty, but he's gone now, I wouldn't be shocked if Williams is out of the league in 3 years.
I’d go as low as 2 years. Hasn’t done himself any favors with his bicycle incident, either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The greatest show on turf. 2.0. We got the horses to pull it off OVER TIME. It may not be that right away..but I see HUGE production from the wr corp. Its going to be the story early on in the NFL.
They have to get open quickly. Opposing defenses will play man and load the box.. again. Dak has to show the ability to make them pay and back off.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I can't recall a young qb having his whole unit retooled and i'm assuming we are going to change the playbook some to. Its a lot of retooling to be done in one offseason.

Kinda in 2016 when Dak was a rookie and also any other times there was a starting rookie QB. This is more easier then that. Just the WR are learning a new playbook and not the QB. And learning a play for a WR is just learning new terminology. A route is a route.