Twitter: Dak and Romo first three years as a starter

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo didn't miss the playoffs in his second season as a starter

He went 6-5 starting in 2006, where we had an important 4 game win streak and wont 5 out of 6 games which got us into the playoffs.

In 2007, we went 13-3 and made the playoffs.

Excluding his first starts in the NFL is dumb - he was important for the 2006 season and this was simply a reach, and using W/L records as a link is moronic.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Wait I thought Romo sat for his first 3.5 years?:huh:

Ok silliness aside, they are two different styles of qb. One was a gunslinger, the other overly conservative.

Interestingly enough, they both held the ball too long and took a bunch of sacks..

Hmmm could Part of the problem be a dated scheme? Nah, that makes too much sense...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He also had the benefit of sitting a few years. Do you honestly think he would've produced as well as he did if he started as a rookie?

I have no idea how he would have "produced" - I'm not the one who is comparing W/L records with Dak and Romo starting. Take it up with the person who tweeted this stupid crap.

I have no reason to compare Prescott and Romo, heck, they aren't even peers - I can get enough of a read on how Dak is doing by comparing him to other QBs that are playing with him NOW. Not how Romo or any other QB looked a decade ago. Dak fanboys always want to use data from 10-20 years ago. This tactic of putting down past QBs to elevate a current QB is dumb.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wait I thought Romo sat for his first 3.5 years?:huh:

Ok silliness aside, they are two different styles of qb. One was a gunslinger, the other overly conservative.

Interestingly enough, they both held the ball too long and took a bunch of sacks..

Hmmm could Part of the problem be a dated scheme? Nah, that makes too much sense...

Romo held the ball long in the same way Rodgers does, they are big play guys - it has nothing to do with scheme.

Dak holds the ball too long due to reading the field slower. He's not a big play guy.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Prescott out performed Romo in their 1st 2 play off games.

But keep blaming Prescott for all of 2017, you're doing fine.

Prescott and Romo didn't face each other, big brain. They faced different defenses in a different time. These comparisons have always been incredibly silly.

And I "blame" Dak for his individual performance. Show me one site that has Dak top 10 or even top 15 in 2017 or 2018. I'm not talking some silly Percy Howard Bot stat, I'm saying when everything is collectively taken together, with tape watched, that Dak ended up being within the top 15 QBs.