Twitter: Dak and Romo first three years as a starter

GMO415

Reaction score
With Dak's lower turnover rate comes lower amount of TDs. Romo's 2007 year, he had 36 TD passes. Dak is more conservative, which impacts both INTs and TDs. You must love Alex Smith as well.
Who's Alex Smith? Can't find him on any Cowboys roster.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Show me one site that has Dak top 10 or even top 15 in 2017 or 2018. I'm not talking some silly Percy Howard Bot stat, I'm saying when everything is collectively taken together, with tape watched, that Dak ended up being within the top 15 QBs.
There's a site called profootballreference.com that has Dak ranked 13th in 2018. But it's not just them, any list of the highest-rated passers that includes regular season and playoffs ranks him 13th. Because that's where he ranks for that season.

Prescott 2018 passer rating
Games 1-3
74.5 (28th)

Games 4-18
99.9 (8th)

The above splits show how he ended up ranked 13th -- Horrible first three games, followed by 15 games as one of the league's most efficient passers.

cern

Reaction score
The one trait we all loved about Romo was he always played to win. His attitude was this might be my only chance so I’m gonna lay it all on the line right now.

The new guy is quite the opposite in the sense that sometimes he plays not to lose and goes very conservative. It’s mental, dude needs to just loosen up and let it fly..
Was the conservative approach due to dak or linehan? I think the latter.

robertfchew

Reaction score
He also had the benefit of sitting a few years. Do you honestly think he would've produced as well as he did if he started as a rookie?

Dak was a 4th rd pick so they at least thought he had potential. UDFA is basically a camp body that you hope you hit the lottery with.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Was the conservative approach due to dak or linehan? I think the latter.

From his own mouth he has stated that his mother gave him a complex about not throwing picks but yeah maybe Lineham added to the conservative tendencies...

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big difference is Dak matched Romo and he had to start as a rookie.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Except Dak was thrown into the fire as a rookie with zero experience. Romo got to sit behind vets and see them play. Especially Bledsoe, who won 2 AFC title games and was an experienced vet. Had a good coaching staff in Parcells and Payton and didn't play until several years into his career.

Dak as a rookie had a better playoff game than Romo ever had in his whole career.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo didn't miss the playoffs in his second season as a starter

He went 6-5 starting in 2006, where we had an important 4 game win streak and wont 5 out of 6 games which got us into the playoffs.

In 2007, we went 13-3 and made the playoffs.

Excluding his first starts in the NFL is dumb - he was important for the 2006 season and this was simply a reach, and using W/L records as a link is moronic.
:facepalm: Romosexual #1 has spoken.:laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Except Dak was thrown into the fire as a rookie with zero experience. Romo got to sit behind vets and see them play. Especially Bledsoe, who won 2 AFC title games and was an experienced vet. Had a good coaching staff in Parcells and Payton and didn't play until several years into his career.

Dak as a rookie had a better playoff game than Romo ever had in his whole career.
BOOM! :thumbup::clap::yourock:
:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're romance for Romo has effected your reasoning. You like to puff your chest and toss these lame insults like you matter, but you've been exposed and everyone knows it.
You repeat the same nonsense, cherry picked points like a parrot. No one takes you serious.

You "yeah but what about 2017? and you can't use his rookie season..." blah blah blah.
:clap::thumbup::yourock::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
...and I don't care.

The simple fact is, Dak is starting right now - and right now, his has mechanic and footwork problems and doesn't read the field like Romo did. There's nothing we can do about Romo having years on the bench, it's irrelevant. We made Dak the starter, this is what we have to deal with.
Yet, even with Dak's footwork flaws, as a rookie HE BEAT OUT THE MAGNIFICENT AND WAY EXPERIENCED ROMO! :muttley::omg::flagwave:

Forced Romo to retire... actually. :popcorn: