Twitter: Dak and Romo first three years as a starter

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Again, I don't know. He didn't start, I didn't get to see the 2003 to 2005 Tony Romo play the freakin' game. Thus, I don't know. I don't even care.

I'm not the one comparing Dak to Romo or Romo to Dak. Maybe Romo in 2016 and starting would have won us a Super Bowl - I don't know. Maybe he would have won us one in 2018....I don't know. I don't care.

Compare Dak to his peers. When comparing, each site from Football Outsiders to PFF has him ranked from 17-20. I care about this.

Blackrain

Reaction score
With Tony Romo we were constantly forced to pin our hopes and dreams on a guy with a gamblers mentality and a body that had given out long before Dak had to take over .

A first round draft pick should have been used on a QB when Romo could no longer practice on Wednesdays PERIOD!!!

We were lucky to find a QB in the 4th round with Daks talent and potential as Romo made the biggest blunder of his career and ran in a meaningless preseason game after back surgery ending up in the fetal position potentially ruining another season .

Dak shouldered the load took every snap since , sure he is not a finished product yet but he can get up after being tackled so there's a good chance he can make it .

Dak didn't have the luxury of time to learn the NFL game or competent coaching like Romo did . He was thrown into battle and got us as far as Romo ever did in his whole career maybe because his mind is on the game instead of trying to date high profile celebrities .

Bottom Line In 3 yrs Dak has given us all the success Romo gave us in his whole career he deserves the time and patients we gave Romo to see if he can take us farther

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With Tony Romo we were constantly forced to pin our hopes and dreams on a guy with a gamblers mentality and a body that had given out long before Dak had to take over .

A first round draft pick should have been used on a QB when Romo could no longer practice on Wednesdays PERIOD!!!

We were lucky to find a QB in the 4th round with Daks talent and potential as Romo made the biggest blunder of his career and ran in a meaningless preseason game after back surgery ending up in the fetal position potentially ruining another season .

Dak shouldered the load took every snap since , sure he is not a finished product yet but he can get up after being tackled so there's a good chance he can make it .

Dak didn't have the luxury of time to learn the NFL game or competent coaching like Romo did . He was thrown into battle and got us as far as Romo ever did in his whole career maybe because his mind is on the game instead of trying to date high profile celebrities .

Bottom Line In 3 yrs Dak has given us all the success Romo gave us in his whole career he deserves the time and patients we gave Romo to see if he can take us farther
You nailed it bro. :thumbup:
:hammer::clap::yourock:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Prescott out performed Romo in their 1st 2 play off games.

But keep blaming Prescott for all of 2017, you're doing fine.
Our offense was pathetic in the 1st half of that 2016 GB playoff game and was a flat out dud in the 3rd quarter, basically sealing our fate for the game. He may have played well in the 4th but I'm tired of hearing the player only show up for little bits here and there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Our offense was pathetic in the 1st half of that 2016 GB playoff game and was a flat out dud in the 3rd quarter, basically sealing our fate for the game. He may have played well in the 4th but I'm tired of hearing the player only show up for little bits here and there.
I'm tired of fans picking and choosing sections of a game to support their argument and then blaming only Prescott.
The facts don't lie, all you have to do is review the games and statistics.

sean10mm

Reaction score

This is true of basically every NFL offense sometimes.

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Hell, the Chiefs had the best offense in the NFL by miles and they were shut down for half the AFCCG.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
You wonder if it has anything to suggest the coaching might be the problem?

That question alone will warrant a blitzkrieg of comments.
Are you implying our coaching staff is a problem????

MintyNaughtyGrizzlybear-max-1mb.gif

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
No, all it's doing is pitting two players against each other with a smooth brain take. Again, we are already seeing this - it's just division. There is no substance to this take, none at all. Team record has nothing to do with individual performance.

It's still silly to compare raw statistics across eras between two players, but at least that is a more grounded discussion. And this same discussion has been had a million times on this board anyways.
We lost that because of the defense. If I am not mistaken the offense tied the game and the D didn't do its job with 2 plays to go.

InTheZone

Reaction score
This is true of basically every NFL offense sometimes.

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Hell, the Chiefs had the best offense in the NFL by miles and they were shut down for half the AFCCG.
Defenses played a great game

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
We lost because the team failed. Neither side was doing no favors for the other. We didn't lose because of the defense.
got to agree. It's always a team effort. I just remembered the last part of the game cause it hurt so darn bad.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There remains absolutely 0 reason to compare the two, because Tony's first years were a decade ago. The league is so different that it's a completely meaningless comparison.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Why has Prescott regressed since his rookie year?
It's been gone over repeatedly. The line being in a constant state of disarray through majority of his down slide was probably the biggest factor. I would say that after Amari arrived that slide has ended. We will officially know this season if that is the case or not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are some realistic and factual criticisms you could debate regarding Prescott without the typical BS some fans spew. And, you can still be a supportive instead of coming across as a party-pooper stick in the mud.

Blackrain

Reaction score
There remains absolutely 0 reason to compare the two, because Tony's first years were a decade ago. The league is so different that it's a completely meaningless comparison.

There is one thing that remains the same since the game was started . You must be able to get back up after being tackled and continue to lead your team .

Tony lost that ability and all his talent was useless as he could not stay on the field . Dak has that ability and it will enable him to learn ,progress and get better

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There is one thing that remains the same since the game was started . You must be able to get back up after being tackled and continue to lead your team .

Tony lost that ability and all his talent was useless as he could not stay on the field . Dak has that ability and it will enable him to learn ,progress and get better
Like when Tony played against San Fran with a broken rib and won the game?

Honestly what is the point of this?

DFWJC

Reaction score

The rule changes regarding hitting the QB have changed so much in recent years, it should make it easier for QBs do that going forward.