Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is a stupid thread.
If Zeke became the highest paid RB in nfl history today he would still make less than guys named Xavien Howard and Sammy Watkins.

He would make less than Jason Pierre Paul.

Now we have these old dudes attacking our own players because the players
want to paid at the level of their production and talent.
:hammer:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For an old guy like me it's hard to understand how earning 25 mill a season, 50 mil guaranteed or so is taking one for the team.

Needing to make more than the other guy or be the highest paid is pure ego driven greed.

What do you think Jerry's motivation was for buying the Dallas Cowboys? For making himself GM for life? For pushing for the salary cap?

All of those things are about ego and greed, but let's be mad at the guys who actually make the money instead of the owner who just bought a $250 million yacht.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
What do you think Jerry's motivation was for buying the Dallas Cowboys? For making himself GM for life? For pushing for the salary cap?

All of those things are about ego and greed, but let's be mad at the guys who actually make the money instead of the owner who just bought a $250 million yacht.

There is a salary cap, he can't pay everyone top pay at there position!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The view iof the fan and the view of the player are totally different.

I see fans suggesting players take less. The fan loves the team and surely acts like they would do so. But truth be told this is a short-lived game and if you intend to mine all the gold you can, then sometimes actions, for the fan, seem incongruous with the goals of the fan.

If both players get what they ask for the team can still win. If they will win is still a mystery.

But taking less money doesn't guarantee squat.

I fail to see how this is not evident.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Re: Dak's demand for 40 million: Let him walk and draft a QB. That's way too much for his level of skill. We would be hamstrung in the cap. We would have no way to give him the players around him he needs for even a chance at a Super Bowl. You might as well take your chances drafting a QB. This team has only drafted a QB in the first round twice (Craig Morton and Troy Aikman). Time to do it a third time.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Maybe.... But if you can get $20M per season and you take $15M and you play for 8 years you just left $40M dollars on the table. Do you not know family members who this money could change their lives forever? Wouldn't you feel something when the team you just let keep this $40 million turns around and hands it to some Sammy Watkins bum?
I guess it's all in where you come from and the perspective you have.

I could change my family's lives forever with a couple million. Obviously not to the same extent as 40 million but significant change nevertheless.

The purpose of taking a bit less so the team can sign more talent and we can get that ring and the endorsements.

I'm happy. Management is happy. Fans are happy. That bum Watkins is happy. Everybody happy.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is at camp and not holding out. How do you compare him to Zeke?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Players dont get paid for their talent level. They get paid for production and what their position is worth.

If Elliot is not happy about what a RB gets these days he should have trained for QB.

that argument cements EE, all he wants is Gurley Money and Gurley guarantees and the fact that TG had that knee coming into the league and the Rams still paid him TOP Market setter, Zeke should deserve 15 , why not its RB money? I mean on his own team hes arguably the best player and will end up 4th or 5th in salary, look around the league at JAGs making 15plus..

Zeke is 25 just turned 25 has 3-4 great years left in him given hes in hims prime, THATS WHY HES HOLDING OUT, IMO IT WORKS FOR BOTH SIDES TO LOCK HIM UP NOW 2YEARS EARLY MEANS 2 MORE YEARS HES EARNING AN DNOT DECLINING..makes too much sense.. Zeke is asking ofr what hes already earned and what he can actually play out..hes top Rb wants top RB PAY..anyone confused , im not..he had no choice but to HO 2 years eft its his only time to get 15 when teams cant use age and mileage as an argument 2 years from not and get the Ft and cut..im on his side when typically im not..

BTW just because you are a good starter at your postion ie Amari and Dak doesnt mean you are lock at next man up to set th market or even get ABOVE YOUR PAY GRADE.. asking for more then 30 on Dak and more then 17 on Amari is way out of line , there are QBs starters making less then 30 and they are both out tof the top 10, hard to understand, not for me.. Dak and Amari are asking for more then they deserve regardless of their position..many QBs making under 30 dak should feel lucky to get 30 when your numbers are below 10 ranked..

zeke is the ONLY player on this team that has EARNED to be top of market at his position.. hes not asking for QB money so your argument is MOOT..he wants top RB money and well he has earned it..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.
Speak for yourself because it don’t tell me nothing about their desire for a chip.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.
Are they any different than any other NFL player? All they care about is the money. They talk football because that's what is expected from the fans and media but it is all about the money.

superonyx

Reaction score
Easy. Zeke. His replacements are already on the team.
The problem with this idea is you are taking the 1 guy on our team who is the best in the league at his position and "replacing" him with never has beens. Plus when you base your team on run first it seems like a huge risk. Also of all the players listed he will take the least of your salary cap.

Only "easy" if you are carrying a bias or have an agenda.

superonyx

Reaction score
Players dont get paid for their talent level. They get paid for production and what their position is worth.

If Elliot is not happy about what a RB gets these days he should have trained for QB.
Not exactly accurate. Plenty of system guys have produced in various cities and have never gotten paid based on production.

If Zeke and most importantly other organizations in the league believe he is the best in the league at his position then he will get paid as the best in the league at his position.
I haven't seen that Zeke is asking for Demarcus Lawrence money.

superonyx

Reaction score
I guess it's all in where you come from and the perspective you have.

I could change my family's lives forever with a couple million. Obviously not to the same extent as 40 million but significant change nevertheless.

The purpose of taking a bit less so the team can sign more talent and we can get that ring and the endorsements.

I'm happy. Management is happy. Fans are happy. That bum Watkins is happy. Everybody happy.
This is fantasy. The only way a player will take less for this reason is if they truly believe they get more endorsements and more money by taking less.

Do you trust the team that offer Sammy Watkins $16M per year a year ago to do the right things with the money you left on the table?

Imagine taking 13M because you are the good guy and then the team goes and gives 16M to a player that has never proven anything. You spend every day of the week as the featured player who needs gets treatments for the damage you take and some diva WR who can't catch a cold walks in and cashes bigger paychecks. That not greed and ego. Its being a human.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Some truth to this. I do think Jerry really does want to win another one though.

That's not really my point though. I played sports because I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed winning as part of the team and I really didn't enjoy losing. Like all of us at that level it was entirely about the love of the experience.

Making a fortune playing was never an option for me but had it been and I could have made even five million dollars I would have considered myself among the luckiest people on earth and I would be set up for life.

Flamma

Reaction score
Most players dont care about winning a championship. Its about the money.

Most players is an understatement. On draft day when you see these players crying and really happy. It's about money. I think what bothers people is when players turn down 10s of millions. There is a point where your lifestyle isn't altered either way. I think a lot of it is about respect..

HungryLion

Reaction score
Has anyone ever stopped to think that, maybe some
Professional athletes believe in themselves and think they are their teams best chance of winning a Super Bowl?

I mean if people are going to question their motivations, they should try to consider the fact that players have egos and also most likely believe in themselves.

It doesn’t mean the player is necessarily right about being the teams best chance at a super bowl. But since this post is about questioning motivation, trying to understand the players overall mindset is important.