Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is fantasy. The only way a player will take less for this reason is if they truly believe they get more endorsements and more money by taking less.

Do you trust the team that offer Sammy Watkins $16M per year a year ago to do the right things with the money you left on the table?

Imagine taking 13M because you are the good guy and then the team goes and gives 16M to a player that has never proven anything. You spend every day of the week as the featured player who needs gets treatments for the damage you take and some diva WR who can't catch a cold walks in and cashes bigger paychecks. That not greed and ego. Its being a human.
Well, that seems like an unlikely situation that a team would pay top tier money for completely unproven player.

But again. From my perspective 13 million is plenty and with that kind of money I have no financial worries. Another 3 mil really doesn't matter unless my ego needs to be able say I make more than you.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well the owners are making tons of money off what the players do on the field.

That has nothing to do with the cap. The cap is a finite resource. Every team has the same amount to spend.

When the Patriots assemble a team with Tom Brady who is making less than several QBs it’s not surprising that they have as many rings as they do. If Brady acted like Peyton Manning did you could cut his rings in half.

superonyx

Reaction score
Well, that seems like an unlikely situation that a team would pay top tier money for completely unproven player.

But again. From my perspective 13 million is plenty and with that kind of money I have no financial worries. Another 3 mil really doesn't matter unless my ego needs to be able say I make more than you.
We offered Watkins $16M

waldoputty

Reaction score
Same thought crossed my mind last night.

When you get into the territory of what these guys are going to get I'd have a hard time prioritizing an extra few mil over the team goal of bringing that trophy home for the fans. I don't expect them to not get theirs. Just keep the big picture front and center and understand that when it's all said and done a championship or two is going to be a much better legacy than being the highest paid at your position for a season.

yes, they are already being offered top 5 salaries in their position.
if they cared about their legacy, they would care about what money is left for the players around them.
they also do not play defense.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Anyone who has any negotiation ability doesnt start of the negotiations by coming in weak and cutting yourself down with a low ask.
Dak isnt even the one negotiating his deal. He is just playing football and letting the agents do their jobs.

Answer me this. If Dak came to you and said "hey StuckMojo I will give you 6 percent of my salary if you negotiate a new deal for me".
Would you come to shrewd businessmen and devalue your client by asking for a modest salary? I would hope not. Do you just walk onto a car lot and pay whatever is on the sticker and tell the salesmen "you are charging a fair price"? I hope not. You try to start in a position where even when you lose you win.

Is Dak holding out?

they are already being offer top 5 or at least top 10 salaries for their position.
they are not stupid and should know they need players around them to win.
they also do not play defense.
tom brady is an extreme example.
no one is asking for that.

waldoputty

Reaction score

top nba players do this.
they sacrifice some salary in order to win the championship.
they just did it in brooklyn.
lebron did it in miami with wade and bosh.
beyond a certain point, it is just ego and greed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.

Can you tell us about your history of being a Cowboys fan?

Any chance you are a LeBron fan and Yankees fan also?

erod

Reaction score
So should the Chiefs pay Mahomes 3 years 10 million since that's what they gave Montana 25 years ago? That logic make much sense to you?

Pay Mahomes like he's the best QB in the league, which he will be if he continues like this.

Dak is barely top 20, if that. You don't pay him like he's Mahomes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most players is an understatement. On draft day when you see these players crying and really happy. It's about money. I think what bothers people is when players turn down 10s of millions. There is a point where your lifestyle isn't altered either way. I think a lot of it is about respect..

So, You think Brady feels disrespected? Winning brings respect. Nobody knows or cares who the highest paid guy was in 1998. But everybody remembers the Broncos and who lead them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pay Mahomes like he's the best QB in the league, which he will be if he continues like this.

Imagine what Mahomes is worth if Dak gets 35-40 million........... He might take half of KCs cap.

The silly thing is that Dak on the open market isn't worth near what he's asking.....not based on what we've seen the past 2 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
So, You think Brady feels disrespected? Winning brings respect. Nobody knows or cares who the highest paid guy was in 1998. But everybody remembers the Broncos and who lead them.

Brady has more money than God himself and could play for league minimum and it wouldn't affect his life in any way. So yes, he got respect money. As far as John Elway goes, I consider him one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I have no idea what that has to do with Dak Prescott.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We offered Watkins $16M
Did that ever go beyond the rumor stage?

The Chief's did pay him that. In hindsight it didn't turn out well for them, at least so far but it's not like he had no pedigree and was thought of as unproven.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Can you tell us about your history of being a Cowboys fan?

Any chance you are a LeBron fan and Yankees fan also?

what in the world does my history of a cowboys fan have to do with this.
if u r so curious, since 1975.
from the sound of it, you are the one who may be a fan of lebron and his decision...

slick325

Reaction score
Zach Martin has a $14M AAV and at the time of signing his deal, was the 2nd highest paid OL in the League.

Travis Frederick has a $9.4M AAV and at the time he signed his extension was the highest paid Center in the League.

They paid them because they are great players. Not just at their positions, in the League. No one called them greedy or said they didn't care about winning championships when they took those high paying, non-team friendly deals.

Gimme a break. Pay Zeke as the top RB in the game because he is...Dak is a different subject for me because I don't agree in paying high dollar just because of the position you play. He will get his $30+M, I know but...it does not mean they don't care about winning a championship.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You do if you've not left yourself any options.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Jesus my point isn't how good Dak is. I never once said he was Mahomes. I'm saying using the term "pay him like the best in the league" is pointless. You aren't paying any of these guys just because of their ranking of how good they are. You factor in age, ceiling, skill, etc. I don't care where Dak ranks in your top 20. Cowboys have to be logical when it comes to discussions. If he's barely top 20 like you stated then they shouldn't even sign him at ALL if that's the case. You sign him because he's in that tier 2 of young quarterbacks who you hope can make it to tier 1 someday. That's when the Cowboys scouting department has to earn its money in knowing his ceiling.

We get it, it's just his turn to get paid regardless that's he's a middle (15-25) level QB. I know hater, troll, stupid, (insert what ever name you and your buddies like) don't get it because it doesn't fit the narrative you want to project, but paying top money for a lower tier QB just doesn't make sense. Play him out and franchise him ,as for a trade maybe they can get their 4th back because there isn't any team stepping up to pay Dak #1 money and give up any #1 pick. Paying Dak average QB money with incentives for performance is all Dak is worth. Dak will never be a top 10 let alone 5 QB in my opinion and paying him elite money is just plain stupid. In your world and the rest of the Dak devotee's just pay the man because it's his turn not because of his performance. It is just a plain dumb way to view it.

Like I've said to others.....if you feel Dak is a lower tier qb then no you shouldn't pay him. You won't get a argument from me on that.

Dak will never be a top 10 qb? He was top 10 his rookie year lol. What are you talking about?

And since you are doing a lot of assuming what Dak is in "my world" let me make my stance very clear to you and anyone else.

Dak is a top 15 right now.
He's 26 years old. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet.
He was a top 10 qb his rookie year. He was probably top 20 his second year when injuries occurred.
He's a guy who needs a solid team around him just like any other quarterback.
In this offense he will never lead the league in passing yards.

IF there's anything else I'm missing I have no problem clarifying it for you. I'm a Dak fan like I thought we all were who are Cowboy fans. But my stance has always been you pay him what you think he's worth. If you feel he's a op 25 qb like you stated then let him go and don't waste his or our time. But if the Cowboys offered him 30 million I'm guessing they disagree with you on your expert evaluation of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zach Martin has aa $14M AAV and at the time of signing his deal, was the 2nd highest paid OL in the League.

Travis Frederick has a $9.4M AAV and at the time he signed his extension was the highest laid Center in the League.

They paid them because they are great players. Not just at their positions, in the League. No one called them greedy or said they didn't care about winning championships when they took those high paying, non-team friendly deals.

Gimme a break. Pay Zeke as the top RB in the game because he is...Dak is a different subject for me because I don't agree in paying high dollar just because of the position you play. He will get his $30+M, I know but...it does not mean they don't care about winning a championship.
Its just tough to evaluate what qb's should get because they factor into so many more things than other position. They are on the field more than anyone, they are the face of the franchise, they will be with you team longer than anyone.....I agree with you though.