Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady has more money than God himself and could play for league minimum and it wouldn't affect his life in any way. So yes, he got respect money. As far as John Elway goes, I consider him one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I have no idea what that has to do with Dak Prescott.

The point is pretty obvious. Folks remember you for what you do on the field not for how much money you make. This idea that pay brings respect is nonsense. Just ask Romo.

slick325

Reaction score
Its just tough to evaluate what qb's should get because they factor into so many more things than other position. They are on the field more than anyone, they are the face of the franchise, they will be with you team longer than anyone.....I agree with you though.

I get where you're coming from too rocyaice.

superonyx

Reaction score
Did that ever go beyond the rumor stage?

The Chief's did pay him that. In hindsight it didn't turn out well for them, at least so far but it's not like he had no pedigree and was thought of as unproven.
Well Todd Archer reported the offer of 16M so there must be something to it.

And Watkins was coming off of 39 catches and 500 yards.

I'd rather give Zeke and his 1500 yards rushing and 70 catches the 16M.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
If I was a running back I'd go for all the money I could. The average RB lasts four years in the league. Three-down backs take a beating. For every RB that gets past thirty, there are scores who lose a half-second due to the buildup of hits and they just fade away.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.
When the FO cares again I'll expect the players too.

cern

Reaction score
the players are simply doing what their agents are telling them to do. the strategy for the fo, moving forward, will be to make it a public issue without seeming to do so. when dak and zeke hear fans really coming down on them, they will soften a bit. like butter in a microwave for just 30 seconds. expect to hear anonymous sources in the near future.

HungryLion

Reaction score
top nba players do this.
they sacrifice some salary in order to win the championship.
they just did it in brooklyn.
lebron did it in miami with wade and bosh.
beyond a certain point, it is just ego and greed.

NBA players also have fully guaranteed contracts.

Top NBA players also have on average longer careers than NFL players and also make a lot more money than NFL players. Other than quarterbacks.

It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.
putty, the problem is leaving any money on the table does not assure the team of doing anything more than paying other players, doesn't mean they're the right players.

The only players that care more about winning a championship than money are the ones that have already made their money. And this is a QB who's lifelong dream was to be exactly where he is but show me the player that has an objective opinion about his talent and where he ranks.

The die was cast when Flacco said he didn't want his contract to cost the team players and got a 20M per annum deal and they promptly cut other players. Neither Prescott nor Elliott care more about the team keeping Byron Jones or Jaylon Smith than getting theirs and this is a team that just did the biggest deal with a 4/3 DE in history. This situation was not created by the players.

Aren't you putting the responsibility of cap management on the player and not where it belongs?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
This is a stupid thread.
If Zeke became the highest paid RB in nfl history today he would still make less than guys named Xavien Howard and Sammy Watkins.

He would make less than Jason Pierre Paul.

Now we have these old dudes attacking our own players because the players
want to paid at the level of their production and talent.

You think Dak is asking to be paid based on his level of production? There is something stupid here and it's not this thread.

erod

Reaction score
You do if you've not left yourself any options.
They have terrific options with Dak right now.

This year, plus three franchise tags after that.

Imagine:

Year 1: $2 million
Year 2: $32 million
Year 3: $35 million
Year 4: $38 million

That's only $26.75 million per year average, with no long-term strings attached. You can drop him like a rock if his play regresses or he gets hurt, or a better option comes along. You are not hamstrung at all through that time period.

Or, if suddenly he develops into an elite quarterback, you back up the truck and lock him up.

cern

Reaction score
smith, freddy and zack didn't come cheap. but they all did as dak is doing. show up. don't make any noise. and let the agent do his job. zeke is the only one to not show up and play. but in his defense, rb's don't typically play as long as the other positions. he feels the need to get it while he can.

waldoputty

Reaction score
NBA players also have fully guaranteed contracts.

Top NBA players also have on average longer careers than NFL players and also make a lot more money than NFL players. Other than quarterbacks.

It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

there are guaranteed $ in nfl contracts also

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
top nba players do this.
they sacrifice some salary in order to win the championship.
they just did it in brooklyn.
lebron did it in miami with wade and bosh.
beyond a certain point, it is just ego and greed.
Yeah that's crap. Like Dak said, the NBA guys have guaranteed contracts. And their "sacrifice" is 2 or 3 million dollars. Lebron did it ONCE and has been highly paid ever since. Brooklyn just made KD the second highest paid player in the NBA so I'm not sure why you think he or KD sacrificed some salary. And the little they saved they gave it to......Deandre Jordan smh. That's exactly why players shouldn't take pay cuts. You save them a few million and they give it to someone who shouldn't get it.

slick325

Reaction score
I suspect in another two years this board will be up in arms when Tyron Smith asks for his deal to be renegotiated taking into account revenue growth since he signed, the ever growing salary cap AND the ballooned salaries of inferior and less accomplished players at his position.

Hopefully Dallas has won at least one SB before then because he'd get vilified and questioned too. Smh...

408Cowboy

Reaction score
so u agreed then that the players dont care
I normally don't let myself get involved in these conversations for one simple reason. I don't care what's in anyone elses bank account.

Looking at the Joneses off season habits I could see why players around the league might see it that way is all.

waldoputty

Reaction score

i am quite sure tsmith's contract was not record setting.
i have not checked on tfred's contract, but that contract has been a bargain for years especially when you look at the structure.
no one is asking them to play for the minimum, just take a contract for a top 5 player in their position.
there is a big pot of cap $ to resign the key players but they are going to lose 1 or 2 if everyone acts that way.
and the players know it too.
if they cared about a championship, they would not act this way.