Dak being a leader again

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Seriously, Parsons said this??????? Prescot should have covered that on his own..................... Parsons my boy, Prescot isn't a leader he's actually a KIRK COUSINS CLONE MILKING THIS ORGANIZATION FOR MILLIONS IN CAP MONEY, which equals bad organization for years to come!

LOL, yep....Dak received a reported $66m signing bonus and cannot come up with $26k or so himself and would rather just come up with $500 for his part. What a leader, ...freaking cheapskate more like it. He spends that on a night out.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dak is well-liked as a person, not only on the Cowboys but around the league. He has lots of friends and connections to other players, especially with his SEC ties. I think this reason is why you don't hear opposing players call him out publicly as a QB. His likability serves as a shield for him.

Every opponent knows Dak is overrated as a QB, I am sure it is brought up within the locker room and in team meetings when they gameplan for the Cowboys. But because a lot of people are friends with him, they hold back on their criticisms. It's definitely a different perception and relationship compared to Romo - a lot of opponents really hated Romo and would rip him whenever they had the chance.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This isn't about his on field anything. Has nothing to do with that. Yes he could have donated the money himself that is very true but that does little in the way of leading. Getting other rich men to also partake has more reach than just paying the money himself. Bash him for his play not for being a good human. So you'd do it differently but that doesn't mean bash him for the good he did. Just cause I never liked Dak as a football player doesn't and shouldn't mean I can't appreciate him being a good person. I get it though, your in blind rage mode but Dak hasn't changed in 6 years so his performance shouldn't have been a surprise.

I am not in a blind rage, i haven't been a fan of Dak Prescott since he was at MSU - one of the college's I graduated from. Dak is a good enugh dude, but his leadership is way over played. He is a fraud, period.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Micah parsons is starting to be infected by this "country club" "moral victories" mentality.

Imagine Charles Haley thinking this way lol
Charles Haley would eat Dak up for lunch.

Bill Belichick used to dog and criticize Tom Brady in front of the team after SB wins.. But here, our coach "loves and couldn't be happier" with our QB after being one and done. Lol

We are just a country club for millionaires.
That's the problem on this team, nobody wants to step up and put a boot in someone's ***. Cooper and Diggs attending that bowl was the last straw, nobody in being held accountable for their actions and it showed during the game with all those God-awful penalties. The players like the money they're all making, but ask them to police each other and that's a huge no-no. Until JJ and Co are gone, nothing is going to change! Do you remember when Jimmy J cut that player for falling a sleep in a meeting, that caught everybody's attention.................

LocoBates

Reaction score
That's all great but a true leader doesn't get tangled into the web of blaming the refs. He didn't outright say it last night but he could have put a stop to the questions. For the most part, Dallas owned those calls. They did it to themselves. Dak should have stood up and said, "that's on us." That's a true leader.

A true leader acts like Rich Bisaccia after a loss to Bengals when asked about how officials screwed up the call (blew whistle) that ended up in TD for Bengals (and ultimately the difference in the game), He could've easily blamed the Officials for that TD and overall outcome of the game, he didn't say "Credit to them then"

Post game interview of a true leader bellow:

Adreme

Reaction score
Apparently Parsons has no idea what a real leader looks like or how he behaves.

If Dak was really concerned about the practice squad guys he could have ponied up the money himself. It would have only cost him 8k, mere pennies in a piggie bank considering how much money he stole from Jerry this year.

You missed the point. Dak could easily do it and it would show that HE cares but by doing it this way it shows that the TEAM cares about the players on the practice squad.

jnday

Reaction score
You missed the point. Dak could easily do it and it would show that HE cares but by doing it this way it shows that the TEAM cares about the players on the practice squad.
By doing things this way, more people will know about it and more people will sing his praises. The best thing about Dak is his ability to self promote without looking like he is self promoting.

Adreme

Reaction score
By doing things this way, more people will know about it and more people will sing his praises. The best thing about Dak is his ability to self promote without looking like he is self promoting.

You really think that if Dak used his own money that it would not have gotten out just as quick and that he would not have gotten as much if not more praise? Things like this never stay secret unless you are only doing it with 1 person, maybe 2 at most. With an entire practice squad there is no chance. The only difference this makes is that the practice squad players can feel as though the team wanted to show them support versus one player.

MiamiChad

Reaction score
Its soo hard to a Cowboy fan... been watching / supporting the Star since THE MAN in hat walked the sidelines... Dont know what's worse watching that playoff game disfunction or pulling my finger nails back with plyers...
If Dak is worth 160 million (lmao) then Roger's, Mahomes and Brady must be worth 3 - 400 million....smh ‍♂️
and Ugh the biggest waist of salary $$ our slacker 90 million soon to be back up RB after Jerry crawled on his knees to Cabo San Lucas slobbering on Zekes flip flops....
What are they paying for ?? For avg. Play ?? just makes absolutely no sense...
Then #3 of the Three Stooges is McCarthy....when I see him on sideline it's like he's day dreaming of what Door dash he's gonna order after game versus watching the play clock or being more involved inevitably another super sub par waist of money...
1 super bowl with Farve and Roger's in Green bay and he slatted as a winner....lol Matt LaFleur has done more statistically in 3 years than McCarthy in 13 years as far as wins/ playoffs / #1 seed and probably will get the Ring this year...
The definition of insanity is repeating same thing over and over but expecting a different result....that applies to Scary Jerry Jones and us cowboy Nation..
Im beginning to know what Jet fans feel like... Having not won crap since bread was nickle and apples were free.....
Ahhhh ok I feel better getting that off my chest, at least until next years Stephen A Smith laughing stock cowboys who only show up and wins against .500 or less teams working on 3 decade drought crap show in Little D...

Batman1980

Reaction score

If Dak was really concerned about the practice squad guys he could have ponied up the money himself. It would have only cost him 8k, mere pennies in a piggie bank considering how much money he stole from Jerry this year.

And how much money did Zeke steal from Jerry?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak would've been a fine politician for sure

The stench of Garrett/Dak/Zeke is already starting to affect MP

Worried MP becomes complacent once hes given full keys to the defense

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
While a nice thing to do, a leader who just made 75M this year would have just given each one of them 5k and not said a word.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I dont mind the anger but i cal BS seriously