Dak can be boxing himself in

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really, why? Nobodies value is 40. That number is pie in the sky and everybody knows that IMO. If he wants more money, give the team more years and I'm not talking 5. I'm talking 6 or 7. Pay him 37 with 3 years guaranteed up front but sign for 7 or take 33 for 5 or just get tagged and watch your annual go down.
I don't know if that's pie in the sky. The more they wait the more I Think Jerry will pay closer to 40 million than the 30 million I think a lot of us thought 2 years ago.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future guaranteed money to his right.

Future guaranteed money to his left.

Future guaranteed money both in front and behind him.

Prescott has boxed himself in. How did he DO this to himself?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Once again I didn't say start there. I also didn't say Dak would accept. Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? That being said, Dak would certainly be more likely to accept a better offer lol.

You said, if the Cowboys offered the deal last year, they could have spread it out over 5 years. How do you spread anything out unless the deal is signed and accepted by Dak's team. How do you say you never suggested or said that if you are suggesting that the team could have done that? I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm asking you to explain your position, which you are not doing. You are simply saying, I never said that but I'm putting it right in front of you. Those are your words, not mine. How do you spread it out for 5 years if the deal is never accepted?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You said, if the Cowboys offered the deal last year, they could have spread it out over 5 years. How do you spread anything out unless the deal is signed and accepted by Dak's team. How do you say you never suggested or said that if you are suggesting that the team could have done that? I'm not putting any words in your mouth. I'm asking you to explain your position, which you are not doing. You are simply saying, I never said that but I'm putting it right in front of you. Those are your words, not mine. How do you spread it out for 5 years if the deal is never accepted?

I am talking about a proposed contract structure. Just because it is proposed doesn't mean it will be accepted. There is no point in me trying to get into anything else until you understand this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know if that's pie in the sky. The more they wait the more I Think Jerry will pay closer to 40 million than the 30 million I think a lot of us thought 2 years ago.

I don't think Jerry is paying anything close to 40 unless the deal is much more long term. But 40 is pie in the sky so you can't suggest that he's settling for 35 or 35 because he didn't get 40. He was never ever getting 40 IMO.

cheyennes

Reaction score
he want 4 years, give him 3 years deal and Will see if he is elite, and next year draft another one

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am talking about a proposed contract structure. Just because it is proposed doesn't mean it will be accepted.

Which is why I asked you how you know what you suggested. You never answered that. So it sounds like the answer is, you don't know. Is that accurate?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Which is why I asked you how you know what you suggested. You never answered that. So it sounds like the answer is, you don't know. Is that accurate?

Don't know what? If the Cowboys proposed it or if Dak would accept it? I already said I don't know if Dak would accept. As for what was proposed I am going off the rumored contracts that have been put out (same as everyone else).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is paying anything close to 40 unless the deal is much more long term. But 40 is pie in the sky so you can't suggest that he's settling for 35 or 35 because he didn't get 40. He was never ever getting 40 IMO.
Doesn't matter. That's how negotiations go. Both guys start off on the extreme end of the spectrum and meet in the middle.

Flamma

Reaction score
I personally would want to give Dak a short contract. I don't care how much money Jerry loses. I care that the team can separate themselves from Dak as soon as possible.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't know what? If the Cowboys proposed it or if Dak would accept it? I already said I don't know if Dak would accept. As for what was proposed I am going off the rumored contracts that have been put out (same as everyone else).

If what you suggest is possible? We don't even know what the team actually proposed at all. We don't know what was turned down, what was offered. You can't suggest that if the team would have done such and such etc. if we don't even know what was really offered.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its up to the organization to determine what they will and wont accept from all players. Most teams cave, the best built teams don't.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. That's how negotiations go. Both guys start off on the extreme end of the spectrum and meet in the middle.
Usually by now, at this point, one would imagine, especially considering what a franchise would be considering to be their franchise QB.
Maybe there is a reason why, a real reason why there is no deal yet.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
If what you suggest is possible? We don't even know what the team actually proposed at all. We don't know what was turned down, what was offered. You can't suggest that if the team would have done such and such etc. if we don't even know what was really offered.
If you believed that then you wouldn't be talking about Dak's contract at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Usually by now, at this point, one would imagine, especially considering what a franchise would be considering to be their franchise QB.
Maybe there is a reason why, a real reason why there is no deal yet.
I sort of always thought this is what happens. I know Jaylon and Collins got done fast but they got done out of nowhere too so we don't know what those negotiations were like. But Zeke and Lawrence were dragged out too.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dak left a lot of money on the table last season when he refused the Cowboy's offer. He will make more per season (than 2019 offer) over the next few years of course, but will it be enough to more than make up for the lost earnings in 2019? ($28M+)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I sort of always thought this is what happens. I know Jaylon and Collins got done fast but they got done out of nowhere too so we don't know what those negotiations were like. But Zeke and Lawrence were dragged out too.
Personal opinions aside,, I imagine Dak will get done soon, but if you want to ponder, if your the pondering type...lol
Say we are mid April and still no deal...… Will this board be wondering at that point how much say MM actually has... just speculating is all.