Dak can be boxing himself in

SSoup

Reaction score
Players always look bad when it comes to salary negotiations.
Only to certain people. It tells you a lot about them when they side with exploitative billionaire owners over labor.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you believed that then you wouldn't be talking about Dak's contract at all.

On what world? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? I think you are throwing stuff up against the wall to see what might stick because you don't want to admit that you are suggesting that if the team had offered 35 over 4 years in 2019, this deal would be done.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Only to certain people. It tells you a lot about them when they side with exploitative billionaire owners over labor.

Really? What exactly does it say? What certain people are you referring to here?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
On what world? How on earth do you come to that conclusion? I think you are throwing stuff up against the wall to see what might stick because you don't want to admit that you are suggesting that if the team had offered 35 over 4 years in 2019, this deal would be done.

I never guaranteed Dak would accept that contract. If you took that from what I said you were mistaken. Can I say that any more plainly?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He's not worth the headache, he's easily replaced.

I don't know that he's easily replaced but I do know this. Before this is all said and done with, we are going to regret the fact that we made this move with Dak and CAA. That is my opinion for sure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The talk is that Dak wants a 4 year deal so he can take advantage of the increasing revenue expected by then.
That's fine but if that's his thinking, then he should be willing to take a contract based on what his value is now relative to the other QB's in his Teir: Golf, Wentz, Ryan, which is in the $33 million range instead of the $35 million he may be asking for.
For him to want more and then want an out to take advantage of the future market makes him look bad.

Oh yah, because that extra 2 million is going to make all the difference.

At 33 million he is right on target and a great leader. AT 35 million is overpaid, the Cowboys are screwed and he doenst care about the team. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I doubt any professional athlete cares about appearances for the general public when their financial goals are solely meant for themselves.

What did just happen? This remind's DE? Can you spare a few bucks for me?

Just...what ever you can afford? We loaded $3,000.00 of music gear, drove 37 miles away with my band to a gig to make 45 frogs each! I'm broke...but having fun...loving the world. But, I'm broke....? Can you spare just a dime?

Think I'll just hit some herb, the medicinal kind and think this over.
Dallas Cowboy 1-2-3

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Really? What exactly does it say? What certain people are you referring to here?

He better be talking to me...I have lot's of money...(just out of green chile). Don't need any chile anyway. Nothing to clean down with after words when you have to go to the bathroom. You cool down there?

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Insane. To win every aspect of this negotiation because a rich old man wants one more SB before he rides off into the sunset. The sad part is this win now idea will be with a team less suitable to win this year than last. Ok, we may have found a few pieces to make our run defense better and who knows, maybe with the right scheme and motivation, we might come out better off in the pass rush department with a push up the middle. We may be up and coming contenders but I think by the time we have a few more pieces through the draft and have them at their potential, we will be back to this over paying for some while being hurt by the butt end of these insane contracts given to keep Cooper, Dak, Tank, Zeke, etc..... Regardless, it's not our money or our team to decide, so whatever. Either way we shall remain fans even if we disagree with the FO and/or Divas that need more money to stroke their egos. I'm all for making what you can for you and your family, but when we are talking 15M-35M a season plus endorsements and have to resort to strong arm negotiations to squeeze even more, I'm at a loss for words. Hope these players prove they are worth it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would rather roll the dice on another rookie QB than hamstring this team with a cap busting contract for Dak.

If you are lucky enough to draft great young QB like Dak, you are more than happy to shell out the money. Otherwise you are just spinning your wheels looking for one.

Cowboys have never been in a better position with the salary cap. Most of our young stars are already signed for 3-5 years. Only a few holes to fill with all the money we need to fill them.

Hardline

Reaction score
If you are lucky enough to draft great young QB like Dak, you are more than happy to shell out the money. Otherwise you are just spinning your wheels looking for one.

Cowboys have never been in a better position with the salary cap. Most of our young stars are already signed for 3-5 years. Only a few holes to fill with all the money we need to fill them.
When did Dak become a great young QB?
If he was a franchise QB that could take the team on his back to win I could see maybe giving him a cap busting contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When did Dak become a great young QB?
If he was a franchise QB that could take the team on his back to win I could see maybe giving him a cap busting contract.
since his rookie year actually.

It was abundantly obvious.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
but when we are talking 15M-35M a season plus endorsements and have to resort to strong arm negotiations to squeeze even more, I'm at a loss for words.
These guys live in a different world, right out of college, they make half mill to 6 mil a year, to them that is like minimum wage.
All they know is in millions, so of course they want as many millions as they can get.

Sure us normal guys would be happy making a mil or 2 per year, but to these guys that is low pay.
They also all have big ego's, and think they are worth top pay.
Elliot thinks he is the best RB ever lol , Dak thinks he can be best QB ever lol, so they dont think in same terms as us.

Dak didnt demand to be paid early like elliot, and played for peanuts for 4 years as the starting qb, didnt miss a game.
So I dont hold anything against him, it is really all on the jones boys, either they have the kahunas to let him go and get another qb,
or they need to sign him, other wise FT is a big cap hit.
Dak just wants a short contract, so either give him that or find another qb, it is really quite simple.