Dak can be boxing himself in

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would rather roll the dice on another rookie QB than hamstring this team with a cap busting contract for Dak.
Jones boys dont have the kahunas to do that, and it is their team, their decision.
They are all in on dak , they dont want another qb. That is something many here just dont seem to see or get lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have a low standard of great young QB.
I have higher standards.

You obviously don't know jack about QB's.

4 years later and Dak led the #1 rated offense in the NFL, was one yard shy of the Cowboys all time passing record, had 33 total TD's and was 2nd in the NFL in passing yards.

Rookie of the year, two pro bowls, 2 playoffs and 1 playoff victory in his first 4 years. All with having little defense, no special teams, and the horrid Garrett and Merinelli as coaches.

Soon to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL with a long term deal.

So who sounds silly? You or me? Its laughable actually.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jones boys dont have the kahunas to do that, and it is their team, their decision.
They are all in on dak , they dont want another qb. That is something many here just dont seem to see or get lol.

Its not about wanting another QB. Wanting has nothing to do with it.

Hardline

Reaction score

4 years later and Dak led the #1 rated offense in the NFL, was one yard shy of the Cowboys all time passing record, had 33 total TD's and was 2nd in the NFL in passing yards.

Rookie of the year, two pro bowls, 2 playoffs and 1 playoff victory in his first 4 years. All with having little defense, no special teams, and the horrid Garrett and Merinelli as coaches.

You would've been satisfied with

It's you that sounds silly. I'm an Aikman, Staubach guy.
You would be defending Quincy Carter if he was the stater on this team.
You are not a critical thinker and go to bed every night in your Cowboys pajamas.
You would rather settle for the status quo than improving this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You would've been satisfied with

It's you that sounds silly. I'm an Aikman, Staubach guy.
You would be defending Quincy Carter if he was the stater on this team.
You are not a critical thinker and go to bed every night in your Cowboys pajamas.
You would rather settle for the status quo than improving this team.

LOL......Quincy Carter was horrid. Couldn't hold a candle to Dak. I abused that guy and whomever supported him.

Finding Dak with a 4th round pick is miraculous. At the moment he is a top 10 QB and getting better.

I guess the TRAIL OF TEARS will continue with you QB turds.

When Mahomes becomes available or we can draft a guy like Burrows, let me know and I am all in.

The best part is you QB dunce caps acting like going out and finding one of those guys is as easy as a going to the Market.

Next time your dunce owner has a top 5 pick, tell him to take a QB and not a RB. LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He better be talking to me...I have lot's of money...(just out of green chile). Don't need any chile anyway. Nothing to clean down with after words when you have to go to the bathroom. You cool down there?

Hey 5Stars, how you been? We are good here. Few scares here and there but no big deal. Just need some Red Chile Pods is all. Making Bueno Red Chile this morning. Gonna have it with Corn Tortillas an cheese, like a Quesadilla with a fried egg over the top and then Red Chile over that.

Time for you to come on home Brother.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Players always look bad when it comes to salary negotiations.

Only to fans who constantly react to feelz.

The owners are raking in billions annually, but a player is "greedy" if he wants his cut. The salary cap? The owners want that, not the players.

So who are really the greedy ones?

Techsass

Reaction score

The owners are raking in billions annually, but a player is "greedy" if he wants his cut. The salary cap? The owners want that, not the players.

I think the salary cap was to keep from having a Yankees type dominance in the league.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Especially in the eyes of fans.......this bashing fans but it's well known. Fans favor management during players' negotiations.
I don't. I favor the players. "Get it and get out". If anything happens to you injury wise, mgmt throws you aside like a dead cow. Get what you can while the getting is good I say, but that's just me. Many would not agree.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The deal will be done this week. His center just retired from football completely and Daks image will be tarnished if he appears to be petty.

Lmao. What on earth does Frederick retiring have to do with Dak's contract negotiations? Zero. What does his image have to do with that retirement? Zero. You realize these players don't care what fans on social media/message boards think, right? I know you think they do but they don't. Not when it comes to getting their money.

Techsass

Reaction score
Ummmm the Patriots? Can't get any more Yankees esque than that. Actually, they have been more dominant than the Yankees.
True, but they don't do it by over paying everybody they want on the team. Actually they have a reputation of being pretty cheap.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hey 5Stars, how you been? We are good here. Few scares here and there but no big deal. Just need some Red Chile Pods is all. Making Bueno Red Chile this morning. Gonna have it with Corn Tortillas an cheese, like a Quesadilla with a fried egg over the top and then Red Chile over that.

Time for you to come on home Brother.

Yeah, it might be time I come on down to ABQ...we just had a serious earthquake here in Utah!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Players Union vote on that. They don't have to, they have a union. You want a no cap league, I'm good with it but don't cry when you hear 90% of the League fan base forcing change to allow for teams not named Cowboys or Steelers to compete. So I ask you the same question, who is greedy here?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I still cant see why Jerry would take issue with a shorter term deal.

If they got him to sign for 7-8 years, they will NOT be able to get away with continuing to underpay him if that's the case.

He will hold out, and we are back to now.

A longer deal would also make it much more difficult to move on from him if he regresses.

I must be missing something.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I sooooo wish they had put the non exclusive tag on him to settle his real market value, which wouldn’t be 2 first round picks. Then talk to a Dak and his agent about how elite he ain’t and that the rest of the league agrees. Then talk years and numbers. But they used the exclusive tag. Jerry falling in love and overvalued another player.

I thought we the new agreement there was no non exclusive tag anymore

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I still cant see why Jerry would take issue with a shorter term deal.

If they got him to sign for 7-8 years, they will NOT be able to get away with continuing to underpay him if that's the case.

He will hold out, and we are back to now.

A longer deal would also make it much more difficult to move on from him if he regresses.

I must be missing something.

They want more years so they have the option of restructuring. But for Dak it doesn't make sense for him to sign for seven years when the cap is about to increase exponentially. The only way it would make sense to sign a 7 year deal is if the Cowboys pay way more up front. The $40 million number that was rumored as the initial mark by Dak's team makes a lot more sense to me with the Cowboys initially asking for 7 years.