Twitter: Dak: Dallas Cowboys QB for the rest of his career and business is business

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just finished watching Dak’s press conference, just finished a nice strong Capt’n n Coke. This kid is one freaking smart **’er. He is such a smooth dude, you could see that talking about his brother almost brought him to tears. This kid is A+ 1+. For his age he is so smart and polished beyond his years. This kid is living the dream people, gotta say I’m super impressed, but I always have been with him. He sees the Big picture. Momma did a fine job with this kid. He’s got politics in his future if he wants it. Love this kid...
he is smart when it comes to his image, and saying the right things.
I think that maybe he is smarter at the podium, than he is on the field.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's not OUR greatest puppet. He is YOUR greatest puppet. To everyone else he is just a joke. As you said, a clown that never should have been hired.

Glad to see you finally decided to analyze your coaches on results rather than blind love.
If we analyze our coaches this era since our 90’s Dynasty who had the best results ? Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips or Garrett?

Id argue Garrett stood up quite well against much more proven coaches . Not bad for someone who shouldn’t have been HC.

Fans just got more frustrated cause he was here longer than them which wasnt his fault.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, I must have missed all that.
Yea, for some reason I didn’t see most of Daks normal defenders discussing the contract no deal after the deadline.

While most were defending the Cowboys standing firm I was arguing on Daks behalf.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He would take less for a longer term deal.

Spread out over the length of the deal I doubt it will be 38 million per year of actual money. Now if the Cowboys make it to the championship game they might have to pay up.
So, you are willing to wager Dak will take less than the 37.7 million tag he will receive next year? There is a risk pending our success. It’s a risk I’m willing to take. I stand by my opinions. Right or wrong.

I think we might could have signed him for less this year. And why I was so critical of our organization not getting it done for its most likely going to cost more next year. I feel very confident barring some very unusual events like an injury or canceled season.

Swagger

Reaction score
I used to think so too, but Dak presents a fake image to the public and media, and then off camera he is another Dak, the real Dak.
The first thing I wondered about was the bow tie lol, that was a clever ploy to give a certain image.

Dak will always say the political correct things to the media, never the truth.
He says he wants to be a cowboy forever, but refused all offers for 2 years lol !
Jones boys say that dak is the future, he is their guy, but still didnt sign him.
Both sides lie to the public.

The one thing here is that Dak has to do more than SAY he wants to be Cowboys QB of the future, and he needs to EARN that , not have it
given to him because he says he wants it.
He needs to excel this year, to prove he deserves it.

Also if the cowboys had selected the other tag where teams could make dak offers, and some team offered Dak a mahomes deal,
he would have jumped teams so quick it would make your heads spin lol.

I agree.

I wanted to make a similar point before but would just be labelled as a Prescott hater which is a lazy and idiotic tag really when someone is expressing an observation.

Prescott is constantly praised for saying all the right bits and pieces but the reality is that he just speaks in generic terms, almost like a textbook. From a reporter's perspective he's pointless talking to as the above poster highlights, there are two Prescott's and the real one doesn't speak to the media.

Arguably similarly repressive tendancies are reflected in his play as well.

His image to the media is fake as mentioned above but people lap it up. I remember from the All or Nothing series when we actually watched behind the scenes footage - his behaviour was that of a company man. I didn't see this great leader that some people bang on about. He was a yes man who sucked up.

I see similar traits first hand in some men who are completely different people with friends than they are with their partner.

It must be hard to constantly lay on an act for so long.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Good to hear something of this kind coming from Dak!

I'd love to think what he's saying is for real.

He does sound like he means it!
Yep.

I think most of us believed he was drastically underpaid right after his rookie season.

But no way they would redo his deal that soon.

I have been surprised it has taken so long, though.

DAKs brothers death had to have been soul shaking considering how close all were to the mom.

It's changed Dak inside no doubt.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can we just put Dak groupie warning on everyone of your posts. By the way welcome back.
Aint no problem being banned lol. You think i care about what boomer herbs think lol. Btw if dak sucks i would say so. I call out anyone even if its an unpopular take

Bigdog

Reaction score
I used to think so too, but Dak presents a fake image to the public and media, and then off camera he is another Dak, the real Dak.
The first thing I wondered about was the bow tie lol, that was a clever ploy to give a certain image.

Dak will always say the political correct things to the media, never the truth.
He says he wants to be a cowboy forever, but refused all offers for 2 years lol !
Jones boys say that dak is the future, he is their guy, but still didnt sign him.
Both sides lie to the public.

The one thing here is that Dak has to do more than SAY he wants to be Cowboys QB of the future, and he needs to EARN that , not have it
given to him because he says he wants it.
He needs to excel this year, to prove he deserves it.

Also if the cowboys had selected the other tag where teams could make dak offers, and some team offered Dak a mahomes deal,
he would have jumped teams so quick it would make your heads spin lol.
I can see this also. Good points

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

That's what you say when you want to keep fan interest and not be a distraction. But I interpret his contract *actions* as not having much expectation that he'll stay with the Cowboys.

With the expectation of the cap going *down*, seems weird for him not to take the offer on the table.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
were you at the party? Why are you answering for Dak? answer...because the reporters didnt ask him.

his contract was above goff's and wentz who are his peers and was more than russell wilson's wasn't it? Wasn't it more than mahomes on a per year basis?
Guaranteed money is all that matters, which was below market value including lower then Tannehill and I gave you the answers because they weren't hard questions but dumb and incorrect questions not including number 3. Research how many were at the party, its public information and wasn't a large party like you suggest

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree.

I wanted to make a similar point before but would just be labelled as a Prescott hater which is a lazy and idiotic tag really when someone is expressing an observation.

Prescott is constantly praised for saying all the right bits and pieces but the reality is that he just speaks in generic terms, almost like a textbook. From a reporter's perspective he's pointless talking to as the above poster highlights, there are two Prescott's and the real one doesn't speak to the media.

Arguably similarly repressive tendancies are reflected in his play as well.

His image to the media is fake as mentioned above but people lap it up. I remember from the All or Nothing series when we actually watched behind the scenes footage - his behaviour was that of a company man. I didn't see this great leader that some people bang on about. He was a yes man who sucked up.

I see similar traits first hand in some men who are completely different people with friends than they are with their partner.

It must be hard to constantly lay on an act for so long.
Yep , Dak says all of the right things. Until it’s time to sign on the dotted line which is still going to take a leap of faith at some point for the Cowboys. Dak won round 1 IMO. He’s only going to need more next year to sign.

Like much of the media and local beat writers I’d agree Cowboys have mishandled or at least mismanaged resigning him. Assuming our organization has been honest they are “ All In” he’s their guy.

Yea , attempting to characterize someone who offers criticism as a “ hater” is just a lazy attempt to discredit their message.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll give you the first. The second just doesn't seem to be a big priority for him.
I’m beginning to wonder this as well. We will see next year. But one more year on the Tag and he’s gone.

Otherwise Cowboys will have to belly up and pay Dak even more. And why they have been widely criticized for not stepping up this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m beginning to wonder this as well. We will see next year. But one more year on the Tag and he’s gone.

Otherwise Cowboys will have to belly up and pay Dak even more. And why they have been widely criticized for not stepping up this year.

I think *not* signing will pay off for the Cowboys. Dak should have signed. I expect free agent prices to go *down*.

Next year will see a huge fall in available money for free agency. Cap goes down. That alone would shrink back contracts, but existing contracts assumed that it was going up, and that provides an extra squeeze relative to the lower cap number.

A lot less free agent money, chasing a probable avalanche of players cut for having too high a cap hit relative to the lowered cap.

Sounds like a total buyers market.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, Dakster, we will know if you are for real when we see who your agent is next time around.