Twitter: Dak: Dallas Cowboys QB for the rest of his career and business is business

Zordon

Reaction score
your point is wrong. There is less media covering the team now than ten years ago but these guys are treated completely different.

No one at these press conferences today are bringing the venom that Steve Dennis, Jen and Mac Engle, Calvin Watkins, Dale Hansen and Ed Werder brought about ten years or so ago. Those guys were made to be miserable everyday. Everyday for years it was complaining and creating ridiculous scenarios and questions at press conferences for the players and coaches.

as I have said a few times over the last two days when Garrett took over his demeanor was needed, things were nuts. Calvin Watkins in 2009 got into an argument with Wade Phillips at a press conference and responded by saying "I could have coached that team into the playoffs" in regards to the 08 team.

Demarcus Ware was constantly harassed because he wasn't a "Dog" or "Street" enough. Romo was harassed about singing karaoke in july in the offseason and who he was dating........Marion barber was given crap because he wasn't fast enough and was shy and didn't like talking to the media. I won't even bother with the Owens/pacman stuff of the time.

this current team has it made. people locally seem to have cowboys exhaustion.
Don't forget Timmy Mac.

I think Romo started giving the local media the cold shoulder around his 3rd or 4th year and they responded accordingly. I remember during Dak's rookie year, he had sitdown interview with Dale and he made it quip about talking to Dak more times during that training camp than he spoke to Romo in his entire career.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
dak's too smart to be drawn into any contentious episodes with the press. that's the beauty of having a calm demeanor. he wants to be a cowboy. the cowboys want dak. he has a better understanding of how stephen will handle negotiations next year. he has a better understanding of the pie chart.

And hopefully he'll do it without France.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Saying all the right things. Hopefully he takes the next step Wins that ring and can get whatever contract he desires

Saying all the right things is the easy part, doing it is the important part. I hope he does it. I also hope his agent France takes a slow boat to China.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep , Dak says all of the right things. Until it’s time to sign on the dotted line which is still going to take a leap of faith at some point for the Cowboys. Dak won round 1 IMO. He’s only going to need more next year to sign.

Like much of the media and local beat writers I’d agree Cowboys have mishandled or at least mismanaged resigning him. Assuming our organization has been honest they are “ All In” he’s their guy.

Yea , attempting to characterize someone who offers criticism as a “ hater” is just a lazy attempt to discredit their message.
He did? I think he lost. However, either is to be determined.

shabazz

Reaction score
lets see if the same group of media members who obsessed over who romo dated and asked where he was hanging out and with who all the time will mention Dak's brother saying he is done with the cowboys.

Hell no. The media knows that any mention of anything that doesn’t compliment Dakota is off limits and a micro aggression. That’s why Collingsworth and Booger McFarland had to outright make up crap to put Rayne in a good light, even when he did absolutely nothing on both accounts

It’s the world we live in and is condescending and sad at the same time. Dakota is boosted beyond his actual abilities Andy thank GOD, MM Andy the FO didn’t take part in this overeating by identify to pay Mr. Mediocre, long term

cern

Reaction score
And hopefully he'll do it without France.
No telling. But guys like mahomey and travis kelce taking less up front and more on the back end will make him look greedy if all he wants is max dollars now. I don't think he's that kind of person. Especially if we do well this season.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Rest of his career????

vader_NOOOO.jpg

#DontpayDak

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not a single tough question for this guy. He is always treated with kid gloves locally. Its amusing.

Funny, not ha ha funny, that the first 3 of the 5 tweets are from national reporters. You don't think he was asked what about this or what about that but he gives this as his answer because maybe , just maybe , that's how he feels. Guess that blows up your "He is always treated with kid gloves locally".

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LOL....Hey, Dak you need to ask Jerry and Big Mike if they want you around forever......:huh:
P.S. Hold a small cup Dak as you will fail once again leading our offense to glory!!!

Hey brainiac that question can be asked about every player that says they want to spend their entire career with the team. Just because you're a Prescott hater it only applies to him. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that when McCarthy was first signed to coach he said how much he was looking forward to working with Prescott and then when training camp started and spending time with him when he said how impressed he is with Prescott. That pretty much blows your hatred doesn't it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey brainiac that question can be asked about every player that says they want to spend their entire career with the team. Just because you're a Prescott hater it only applies to him. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that when McCarthy was first signed to coach he said how much he was looking forward to working with Prescott and then when training camp started and spending time with him when he said how impressed he is with Prescott. That pretty much blows your hatred doesn't it.
The only hatred here is you putting Dak above the glory and success of the STAR.
Dak troll we're here before Dak and yes we will be hereafter Dak hits the road come next off-season.
P.S.No hate as this player who wants to be a Cowboy for life is currently a one-year rental and sinking faster than the cap.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The only hatred here is you putting Dak above the glory and success of the STAR.
Dak troll we're here before Dak and yes we will be hereafter Dak hits the road come next off-season.
P.S.No hate as this player who wants to be a Cowboy for life is currently a one-year rental and sinking faster than the cap.

Luckily for the real fans McCarthy and Jones don't share your hatred so I guess that means that your in ah, a sub-basement on the thinking, scratch that, hatred of Prescott. I'll be you Prescott haters just hate it when the coach and owner don't share your hatred. I'll also bet you bet against the Cowboys every week and you are a joyful member of the eagles, giants and skins boards.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Did you know that Dak is only the second QB to win 40+ games and pass for 15,000+ yards in his first four seasons?

I didn't, until about 20 minutes ago. The first guy to do it was Dan Marino.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you know that Dak is only the second QB to win 40+ games and pass for 15,000+ yards in his first four seasons?

I didn't, until about 20 minutes ago. The first guy to do it was Dan Marino.

Simply amazing as when I watch Dak it reminds me of Marino!!:banghead::muttley:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Something will get done and Dak will be here. I expect him to continue what he’s been doing.