Dak-Dalton Talk is So Stupid and MisGuided

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the alternate question to be asking is would we have been better if all the fumbling, INTs, and untimely OFFENSIVE penalties that put us behind the chains all the time as well as the ST coach making his risk call, and lets not forget passing on an easy FG to tie the Rams game , would getting half those mistakes back had us at 4-1 maybe 3-2 ? I mean they all created horrible situations for this already poor defense

the short fields , quick turnaround and wearing the defense out even further having to defend more possessions etc , why do we keep sugar coating that?

Ive said this many times the last 4 weeks and get defensive reactions saying the defense is historically bad and it wont change,, really i saw the defense truly only give up 20-21 points against the Giants, against the rams who have score more against other in a much cleaner game , only gave up 20, look at all the points caused by

Muffed KR by pollard
the penalty on the ST that was a punt called back and they run back out and kick a FG thats 3 points
the pick 6 was 7points

the fumbled snap what was that a fg or TD cant remember..
we can go back every game and see whole the defense is Bad they arent as bad as the final score wants to say it was..

look deeper not only are points given up by the offense momentum. , play calling ,many things changed due to all these mistakes..

clean this crap up and we have chance to go 7-4-/8-3 down the stretch, win the division get to the playoffs maybe playing very well with shot..

this was full team, including coaches ,including injuries' , effort having he ugly start we've had this year..theres 11 games to go to get it corrected..i say it can happen.
So giving up 300 yards rushing to Cleveland is because offense fumbled?

We gave up 4 100+ rising yards on defense.

Worst passer rating on defense.

Has nothing to do with fumbles or ints.

In fact the offense had the worst starting position in the league and not because Pollard fumbled one time on the 1.

Other teams have turnovers too. Yet they find a way to win.

What you just did is expect offense to be absolutely perfect......show me an absolutlety perfect offense!!??

ESisback

Reaction score
When we held the Saints and Pats under 15 pts and lost both games please tell us how the offense wasn't the problem?:huh:
How about the game in Philly for the div title against a injury riddled Eagles team we managed only 3 Field Goals???:banghead:
Sell crazy elsewhere.....
When we held the Saints and Pats under 15 pts and lost both games please tell us how the offense wasn't the problem?:huh:
How about the game in Philly for the div title against a injury riddled Eagles team we managed only 3 Field Goals???:banghead:
Sell crazy elsewhere.....

I’m talking THIS year, and you’re talking LAST year, so tell us again who’s selling crazy! . At least you make us laugh.

Cebrin

Reaction score
You must be new here.

Whether the Cowboys are better or worse with Dalton is irrelevant. What matters is if your personal narrative looks right or wrong as a result of Dalton's play. :rolleyes:
Best sum of this forum. 199%

blueblood70

Reaction score
So giving up 300 yards rushing to Cleveland is because offense fumbled?

We gave up 4 100+ rising yards on defense.

Worst passer rating on defense.

Has nothing to do with fumbles or ints.

In fact the offense had the worst starting position in the league and not because Pollard fumbled one time on the 1.

Other teams have turnovers too. Yet they find a way to win.

What you just did is expect offense to be absolutely perfect......show me an absolutlety perfect offense!!??

ONCE AGAIN ITS GETS TIRESOME REPEATING MYSELF.

IM NOT CLAIMING THE DEFENSE IS GOOD, I WRITE EVERY POST WITH THAT VERY DISCLAIMER, THE DEFENSE IS PLAYING POORLY BUT ITS NOT GETTING HELP FROM THE OTHER PHASES..

THE FINAL SCORES HAVE EVERYHTI G TO DO WITH THE PPG THAT BEING HUNG ON THEM..ITS NOT AS BAD AS IT APPEARS, DUDE SEATLES DEFENSE IS JUST AS BAD BUT OFFESE IE ENTIRE TEAM ONLY 4 TOS , OURS 11.. THERE DEFESE IS GIVIGN UP FAR MORE YARDS BUT 27PPG AND OURS 32PPG

THEY ARE 5-0

WHY?

ONLY 4 TOS IS WHY OUR 11 TOS SWING GAMES MOMENTUM, PLAY CALLING AND SHORT FIELDS AND QUICK POINTS ARE THE OFFESNE, COAHCHING AND STS ADDING TO THE MYSERY..INSIDE THE GAME THEY MEAN A TON BRO! ITS CALLED MOMENTUM, CHANGES PLAY CALLING ON BOTH SIDES ETC ETC

WE ARE 2-3 BECAUSE THE ENTIRE TEAM IS MAKIG FAR TOO MANY MISTAKES AND THE DEFENSE IS GETTING ALL THE BLAME.. F ALL THAT..THINK DEEPER

SEATLE JUST AS BAD OF A DEFENSE 5-0 , 4 TOS TO OUR 11, LESS ST GAFFS, AND BETER COACHING DECISIONS =I AM CORRECT SAYING STOP PUTTIGIT ALL ONTHE DEFENSE..SOME OF THESE GAMES SWUNG AN D PUT US IN HOLE DO TO THE OTHE RPARTS OF THE TEAM MESSING UP..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

IM NOT CLAIMING THE DEFENSE IS GOOD, I WRITE EVERY POST WITH THAT VERY DISCLAIMER, THE DEFENSE IS PLAYING POORLY BUT ITS NOT GETTING HELP FROM THE OTHER PHASES..

THE FINAL SCORES HAVE EVERYHTI G TO DO WITH THE PPG THAT BEING HUNG ON THEM..ITS NOT AS BAD AS IT APPEARS, DUDE SEATLES DEFENSE IS JUST AS BAD BUT OFFESE IE ENTIRE TEAM ONLY 4 TOS , OURS 11.. THERE DEFESE IS GIVIGN UP FAR MORE YARDS BUT 27PPG AND OURS 32PPG

THEY ARE 5-0

WHY?

ONLY 4 TOS IS WHY OUR 11 TOS SWING GAMES MOMENTUM, PLAY CALLING AND SHORT FIELDS AND QUICK POINTS ARE THE OFFESNE, COAHCHING AND STS ADDING TO THE MYSERY..INSIDE THE GAME THEY MEAN A TON BRO! ITS CALLED MOMENTUM, CHANGES PLAY CALLING ON BOTH SIDES ETC ETC

WE ARE 2-3 BECAUSE THE ENTIRE TEAM IS MAKIG FAR TOO MANY MISTAKES AND THE DEFENSE IS GETTING ALL THE BLAME.. F ALL THAT..THINK DEEPER

SEATLE JUST AS BAD OF A DEFENSE 5-0 , 4 TOS TO OUR 11, LESS ST GAFFS, AND BETER COACHING DECISIONS =I AM CORRECT SAYING STOP PUTTIGIT ALL ONTHE DEFENSE..SOME OF THESE GAMES SWUNG AN D PUT US IN HOLE DO TO THE OTHE RPARTS OF THE TEAM MESSING UP..
You have a button stuck on your keyboard but I do agree with you. I have argued the same thing for years as people claimed the defense was to blame for our failures from 2007-2015. They may have been the weak link but the offense made plenty of their own mistakes that caused us to miss the playoffs and or lose in the playoffs. Same thing is happening now. The defense is historically bad but the offense is contributing to that by allowing short fields and playing at breakneck speeds so the defense gets little rest.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must be new here.

Whether the Cowboys are better or worse with Dalton is irrelevant. What matters is if your personal narrative looks right or wrong as a result of Dalton's play. :rolleyes:
Post of the week!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

THEY ARE 5-0

WHY?

what kind of help do you expect from other phases of the game? and the fact you stated that, just ends the discussion. to sit there and post and scrutinize offense did this on this drive, and offense did that on that drive and OMG, OMG OMG they had a fumble.....its just purely assinine...

and no, seattle's defense is not just as bad. we are ranked 32nd. they are 20th in the league. like I said it before and you didn't pay attention...if our defense would have held the opposing team to just 30 pts a game, we would be 4-1 right now... guess what, seattle defense is giving up 27 points a game.....if our defense could have made a few stops here and there, perhaps we would have been 5-0....

so no, you failed yet again....this defense sucks on its own. it has nothing to do with any other phases of the game. and all offenses have turnovers and their defenses over come them. and defenses also get turnovers, guess what..>Seattle defense has 10 turnovers on the season.....

your understanding of football is quite liimited....very limited...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Funny how no one mentions the fact that Dak has 2 game ending INTS and Dalton had a game winning drive .

It's easy to blame the defense but no one mentions the fact that in order for us to even make a comeback, the defense made a few stops late in games which allowed us to get close or win.

And honestly, what did everyone expect? Our resources are all on offense.

Games in today's NFL come down to a few plays. Dak, despite this defense, had his chance in all our games this season.

People only look at stats and think we were some juggernaut offense under Dak but it's a lie.. we fell behind every single game because our Juggernaut offense couldn't keep pace with the other team.

People need to really open their eyes and realize that if Dalton can at least score points early on, we will be that much better as a team.
are you serious? two game ending interceptions. in the last few seconds of the game, in desparation throws...you are really really really really trying to dig deep.

btw, the reason Dalton has a come back win is because he was handed a lead, and he BLEW the lead against and 0-5 team and had to get help from his WR playing acrobat to get us into kicking range....if he didn't BLOW the lead we would never have needed to come back..geez dude, you are really trying to dig deep to come up with something that's just not there

Brax

Reaction score
Case and point.
Everyone does understand that these type of fan QB divisions have existed, Meredith vs Morton, Morton vs Staubach and Staubach vs White at the end. Another problem today is dollars are thrown into the equation with hard caps. Many are stuck in their agenda both pro and con and simply put are not objective and never will be. Dak is a 32 million dollar QB Dalton is a 3 million dollar QB who has started a lot of games both are average to good NFL QBs not great but good. If the production of both is the same why pay one so much more. The team will wait and see the results and make a decision that no fan has any input to same as it has always been.

Brax

Reaction score
Don't worry. Now that someone who looks like Dalton has replaced Dak, the dumber contingent of our fanbase will suddenly notice that our defense is historically bad and our o-line is full of backups. Excuses that didn't exist or apply for Dak will magically materialize shortly.

It's gonna be wild to watch all these idiots discover we have problems anywhere other than QB.
This is just such a sad take, why why do believe such garbage, please just stop with this it has no place here.

Scotman

Reaction score

THEY ARE 5-0

WHY?

Well, I'm convinced. I felt like the vast majority of the blame for our horrible defense was on the horrible defense. But the ALL CAPS was just too convincing!

I'm just messing with you. :) I got the message. I don't necessarily agree completely, but you're not 100% wrong either.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Fans sound ridiculous discussing whether the offense will be better than, worse than, etc. under Andy Dalton. Scoring points was not the reason we were headed toward 2-3 under Dak, and whether the offense continues scoring 30+ per game under Andy or a little less or a little more is inconsequential. Even if the offense doesn’t miss a beat and continues to lead the league, that’s the wrong question to be watching.

Even if Dak was still leading the offense and leading the league in offensive yards and points, it would still mean nothing. Under either QB, the only question that matters is can the defense show up and stop anyone.
Even within the division, the question isn’t can we score 30 points vs Washington, NY, or Philly. The question is can the defense hold any offense under 30 and deliver a stop with the game on the line.

It's true if the defense shows up and starts to stop teams it will go a long way on helping the Cowboys but if they don't then the Prescott/Dalton arguments will continue. I don't think those that are pushing Dalton will ever convince even neutral fans that Dalton will be able to put up points like Prescott was and if that's true Dalton will be a major let down for this offense. If the defense continues to play as it has and with Prescott scoring over 30 points a game with only 1 win, then Dalton not scoring over 30 points a game isn't going to win either proving the Cowboys have a better chance if Prescott was able to play.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If Dalton plays well enough and gets the Boys into the playoffs, Dalton will be back as the starter, it is a no brainer.

If Dalton plays awful, Dak holds on to his asking price and the nonsense stops.

Getting into the playoffs winning this division isn't going to be looked at as any great feat being the worst division in the league where the team leading it has only 2 wins and the second place team has only 1. Winning the division I believe will have ZERO affect on Prescott. In case you've been living in a cave and haven't heard, even after Prescott's injury the Cowboys are STILL saying Prescott is the future QB of the Cowboys. If the Cowboys win the division it might be enough for the Cowboys to offer Dalton a contract to again be the backup QB but they may have to offer 4 mil instead of just the 3 mil he gets for this season.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Getting into the playoffs winning this division isn't going to be looked at as any great feat being the worst division in the league where the team leading it has only 2 wins and the second place team has only 1. Winning the division I believe will have ZERO affect on Prescott. In case you've been living in a cave and haven't heard, even after Prescott's injury the Cowboys are STILL saying Prescott is the future QB of the Cowboys. If the Cowboys win the division it might be enough for the Cowboys to offer Dalton a contract to again be the backup QB but they may have to offer 4 mil instead of just the 3 mil he gets for this season.
Yes the Cowboys are in the NFC East, but they will still have to WIN. And if you follow them, they have one of the worst defense in the NFL. The wins will have to come from the offensive side of the ball.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Everyone does understand that these type of fan QB divisions have existed, Meredith vs Morton, Morton vs Staubach and Staubach vs White at the end. Another problem today is dollars are thrown into the equation with hard caps. Many are stuck in their agenda both pro and con and simply put are not objective and never will be. Dak is a 32 million dollar QB Dalton is a 3 million dollar QB who has started a lot of games both are average to good NFL QBs not great but good. If the production of both is the same why pay one so much more. The team will wait and see the results and make a decision that no fan has any input to same as it has always been.
Yeah, no. Prescott and Dalton are not on the same level. Our defense and ST units are at an all time low. We've already seen what Prescott is able to produce. We've also seen what Dalton has done.
Some fans here are not only celebrating Prescott's injury, but acting as if he's at the end of his career. What's silly, is that Dalton is the one past his prime and for whatever reason that gets overlooked. The biased is disturbing.

Brax

Reaction score
Yeah, no. Prescott and Dalton are not on the same level. Our defense and ST units are at an all time low. We've already seen what Prescott is able to produce. We've also seen what Dalton has done.
Some fans here are not only celebrating Prescott's injury, but acting as if he's at the end of his career. What's silly, is that Dalton is the one past his prime and for whatever reason that gets overlooked. The biased is disturbing.
So your bias is Dak is 28 million better than Dalton with out seeing Dalton in this offense, what is truly disturbing that you and many look at it this way. We have seen what Dak produces against low end defenses and against the better ones, no way there is much difference between Dalton and Dak but we shall see. Put you bias aside and watch the games with a open mind.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So your bias is Dak is 28 million better than Dalton with out seeing Dalton in this offense, what is truly disturbing that you and many look at it this way. We have seen what Dak produces against low end defenses and against the better ones, no way there is much difference between Dalton and Dak but we shall see. Put you bias aside and watch the games with a open mind.
I do. I couldn't care less who our QB is, but to suggest Dalton is in the same conversation is mind boggling and baseless. Some fans obsess about salary, well it's out of our hands. Stop pretending you're the authority of worth. Dalton is a back up. What I find interesting is that he's OK with it. He didn't sign with a team who needed a QB. When Prescott heals up, he's the starter again. Not a guy who's career is on the back 9.
This team needs a QB who can put up a ton of yards to stay in the game. Dalton isn't that player.