CFZ Dak dominated on QB passing checklist

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tim Hasselbeck does a mini-breakdown of Dak's successful passing outing against the Vikings.

Go to the 3:35 minute mark...

QB passer checklist:
  • Read the Defense coverage correctly
  • Run the pass play promptly & correctly
  • Set your feet quickly on 3, 5 & 7 drop back
  • Go through progressions quickly & accurately while shifting your base to face each target
  • Pass to the best open option after quickly going through your progressions
  • Be decisive, firm and accurate with your throws
  • Convert more than 50% of your passes on 3rd down
  • Commit 0 turnovers
  • Hit receivers at all 3 levels on the field
  • Don't be a hero. Drive the bus. Be decisive and accurate. Connect on over 70% of your passes. Hit the big play when needed.
Dak checked off on all points of the above checklist. Pure domination. Hope he can build on it. Looks like Dak watched Kurt Warner's recent breakdowns on his recent performances and took some of Kurt's advice.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's about damn time.

This is why he demanded $40 million a year. To perform like this, consistently

As Cowboy fans our reaction shouldn't be as a school girl slobbering all over a secret crush

It's one game. And it was a good game. But if it's one out of every 4 like it has been recently it's frankly not good enough. Not with the kind of money he's making

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Tim Hasselbeck does a mini-breakdown of Dak's successful passing outing against the Vikings.

QB passer checklist:
  • Go through progressions quickly & accurately while shifting your base to face each target
  • Commit 0 turnovers
  • Don't be a hero. Drive the bus. Be decisive and accurate. Connect on over 70% of your passes. Hit the big play when needed.
Dak checked off on all points of the above checklist. Pure domination. Hope he can build on it. Looks like Dak watched Kurt Warner's recent breakdowns on his recent performances and took some of Kurt's advice.

The same Kurt Warner breakdown that you despised and countered with Michael Irvin and 'so many' other former players to defend Dak against Warner's criticisms of Dak's play vs. GB? How interesting.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The same Kurt Warner breakdown that you despised and countered with Michael Irvin and 'so many' other former players to defend Dak against Warner's criticisms of Dak's play vs. GB? How interesting.
I disagreed with Warner's interpretation of it being Dak's fault for those 2 Interceptions at Green Bay, as did so many other ex-players and coaches. Plus, as I said, it's easy to pinpoint possible mistakes when up in a booth. It's totally different on the field. Warner should know this. He got benched 4 times and substituted for 3 other QBs while only playing in 3 full seasons during his 12 year career.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I disagreed with Warner's interpretation of it being Dak's fault for those 2 Interceptions at Green Bay, as did so many other ex-players and coaches. Plus, as I said, it's easy to pinpoint possible mistakes when up in a booth. It's totally different on the field. Warner should know this. He got benched 4 times and substituted for 3 other QBs while only playing in 3 full seasons during his 12 year career.

...but yet his advice somehow impacted Dak vs. Minny? LOL Flip flop dance going on.

FTWayne

Reaction score
more fuel for the fire, don't be surprised to see more conflict and hate if the Giants win. "Look at me, look, look, I'm right..... Look"

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Loved that drive at the end of the first half. I was fine with them taking the knee and going to the half. Considering where they were on the field,and that we were receiving the ball to start the 2nd half, I just didn't want a turnover to let the Vikes have some hope or back in to the game. They blew me away with that drive, and Dak was great.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak had one of his best games against a good football team. above .500, a-non NFC east opponent in over a year.

We need to see more of this especially when everything doesn't go right

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

QB passer checklist:
  • Commit 0 turnovers

This was prime Dak.
Its what we saw the first 6 games last year.
If we found that Dak again, this team will be tough to beat going forward.
I sure hope we have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Posters like you are what takes the joy from the game and posting here. Nobody knows everything, but you and a few others think you do.
Pretty sure most would agree the Giants will not win this Thursday. Would you prefer I lie and say the Giants will win to make you happy?

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak had a near perfect game. My only critique is that when he audibled by calling his own number on a 3rd and 6 and ran for a 1st down, I wish he would have slid instead of taking the hit. This is only to protect himself and not a critique of the performance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak had a near perfect game. My only critique is that when he audibled by calling his own number on a 3rd and 6 and ran for a 1st down, I wish he would have slid instead of taking the hit. This is only to protect himself and not a critique of the performance.
:clap::hammer:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Good point.
Dak either does not run or takes off like a running back.
Learn to slide Dak !! It's OK !!!

shabazz

Reaction score
Good point.
Dak either does not run or takes off like a running back.
Learn to slide Dak !! It's OK !!!

It was the only part of the game I said out loud, “oh crap” as he was getting hit.

in his defense, he had just made contact and was getting by the first defender and may not have been able to slide so quick before the next defender got him