Dak gets another Top 5 ranking

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Your first fact was wrong . He was 2-3 officially. And you failed to mention the 3 losses were all against playoff teams.

You obviously were not interested in providing the truth. Only spinning to bash our QB. In two of those losses put up over 30 points a game and the other was against #1 defense. All facts you failed to mention because they don’t support your spin.
no spin. the facts just hurt Top5Dak Nation

Praxit

Reaction score
..when Dak is ON, the guy is a machine. Last year pulled some incredible feats to bring Dallas back in the game. Defense had other ideas.

Being ranked at #5 most peeps, will dispute it. I wont, glad to know he's getting some respect.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We still harkening back to 2016 to defend Dak? lol

Dak's career is on a similar trajectory as Cousins........ lots of yards and few playoff wins. Dak's got 1 30 TD season. Your projection that Dak was going to continue his 2020 pace over a whole season against good defenses is laughable. He piled up those stats against prevent/milk the clock defenses b/c we were losing. Dak was 1-3 in 2020.
True.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What "others"? He played well against Seattle and poorly against the LA Rams. He played poor the first half vs GB and good in the second half in the GB loss. He's 9-11 over the past 2 seasons. We lost to just about every team over .500 in 2019 with the 11th ranked defense. So, no, you can't blame the defense if you are looking at Dak's career. The defense was bad last year, but he only played 4 games. It has been very respectable over the previous 4 years of his career. How much more support does Dak need to win? He already has one of the best offenses in the NFL around him. Now he also needs the top ranked defense?

Nobody in the NFL has been given more than Dak and nobody has more to prove.
By others I mean all the other starting QB’s in the league. What are their winning %’s compared to his winning % over the same time period.

I’d say that gives a more fair representation of his winning then selecting a certain number of games. Wouldn’t you?

You say “Dak’s career” then you select some of the games from his career. Seems selective to me.

I can’t find all the stats for the first half so tell me what they are. He did have a 40 yard td pass to Dez and a very long (50?) yard completion in the first half overturned by the unheard of illegal huddle penalty which clearly affected the momentum, yardage of Dak, and the score.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
Well, Dak beat Wilson in the playoff game. So there is that. I would definitely take Wilson in his prime, but these two are now closer together. Josh Allen has had one great season. Iove Allen. Coincidentally it was QB challenged fans like you that were saying that Dak was inaccurate like Josh Allen just two years ago.

ummm how am I QB challenged exactly? Because I pointed out that Russell Wilson and Josh Allen are probably better than Dak? Not saying Dak is bad but if you were picking straight up for your backyard football team who do you take? I think itd be silly to take Dak over Russ, Allen may be some debate and that’s fair. Not sure how Watson is above any of those three.
And we might be talking about Herbert as a top tier guy this time next year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What's truly amazing is Brady may "struggle" in a game or two but still wins a Superbowl. I truly doubt he'd be able to pull it off under Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
ummm how am I QB challenged exactly? Because I pointed out that Russell Wilson and Josh Allen are probably better than Dak? Not saying Dak is bad but if you were picking straight up for your backyard football team who do you take? I think itd be silly to take Dak over Russ, Allen may be some debate and that’s fair. Not sure how Watson is above any of those three.
And we might be talking about Herbert as a top tier guy this time next year.

Dont remember exactly why I called you QB challenged. I would have to go back and read. :grin:

Found it:

Russell Wilson and Josh Allen say hi!
No way Dak is better than those two.

To say Dak is NO WAY better than Josh Allen is over the top. As you pointed out when challenged, its debatable.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By others I mean all the other starting QB’s in the league. What are their winning %’s compared to his winning % over the same time period.

I’d say that gives a more fair representation of his winning then selecting a certain number of games. Wouldn’t you?

You say “Dak’s career” then you select some of the games from his career. Seems selective to me.

I can’t find all the stats for the first half so tell me what they are. He did have a 40 yard td pass to Dez and a very long (50?) yard completion in the first half overturned by the unheard of illegal huddle penalty which clearly affected the momentum, yardage of Dak, and the score.

Thats not true. Dak's career judged through the lense of "2016 is just as relevant as 2019" is kinda absurd. The last full season we have of Dak the team was 8-8 with the 11th ranked defense in the league. We literally did not beat a team over .500. We lost 12-10 to the Saints. Defenses fault right? We lost to the Patriots 13-9. Another defensive breakdown right? Bills 26-15. Jets 22-16.

The book on Dak is that he feasts on the NFC East padding his stats like he did in the 2019 finale against Washington which was competing for a top 3 draft pick at the time and auditioning players...... Dak hits them for 47 points and 4 TD passes. He struggled against just about everyone outside the NFC East.

If you have an issue with my opinion, I really don't care and I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of time compiling stats to convince you. Go watch the game. I did.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Thats not true. Dak's career judged through the lense of "2016 is just as relevant as 2019" is kinda absurd. The last full season we have of Dak the team was 8-8 with the 11th ranked defense in the league. We literally did not beat a team over .500. We lost 12-10 to the Saints. Defenses fault right? We lost to the Patriots 13-9. Another defensive breakdown right? Bills 26-15. Jets 22-16.

The book on Dak is that he feasts on the NFC East padding his stats like he did in the 2019 finale against Washington which was competing for a top 3 draft pick at the time and auditioning players...... Dak hits them for 47 points and 4 TD passes. He struggled against just about everyone outside the NFC East.

If you have an issue with my opinion, I really don't care and I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of time compiling stats to convince you. Go watch the game. I did.
You forgot a 17-9 loss to the Eagles with the playoffs on the line in Week 16.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
so losses in reg season against playoff teams don't count for the highest paid qb in the league. ok. How do you plan on winning playoff games?
Being one of the top paid QB’s is over hyped. In a couple years his Salary will be more in line with his ranking in the league.

Franchise QB’s are often paid market price and doesn’t always reflect their current rankings or pecking order.

We won’t win many playoff games until we have a better defense.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I said his total career games. Not sure how you’re missing that.

His total career games vs his peers games during that time span. His winning % vs theirs. Where does he rank vs others over his career?

Can and if so will you go through the entire league and factor in and out the games that really are meaningful (by your scale) to determine how good a player is?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
so I Suggest you start a team with cousins as your center piece QB....given you seem to think he is so much better. build your championship team starting there.

Where did I say that was the case? I have consistently said Dak is a very good, though not elite (whatever that means), quarterback. Nowhere have I said Cousins is "elite", either, which is what he would have to be to be better than the "very good" Dak.

I merely was pointing out it's not one way or the other EITHER is "head and shoulders" above the other, I did say, and I QUOTE:

"... though I do think Dak is the better overall quarterback...."

ghst187

Reaction score
Dont remember exactly why I called you QB challenged. I would have to go back and read. :grin:

Found it:

Russell Wilson and Josh Allen say hi!
No way Dak is better than those two.

To say Dak is NO WAY better than Josh Allen is over the top. As you pointed out when challenged, its debatable.

i don’t think he is and I’m certainly no Dak basher....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you think Kirk cousins is better than Prescott you lost all integrity on the subject

Riddle me this. The Vikings and Cowboys pretty much match up evenly, for the most part.

If the Cowboys played the Vikings 17 times this year, what would their records be? 9-8 or 10-7? Flip a coin as to who would have more wins.

Dak may be better than Cousins right now. Cousins may be better than Dak right now. Not a lot of separation between the two. Just a matter of who shows up that day and makes plays, splash plays, plays on third down, plays in the red zone.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Where did I say that was the case? I have consistently said Dak is a very good, though not elite (whatever that means), quarterback. Nowhere have I said Cousins is "elite", either, which is what he would have to be to be better than the "very good" Dak.

I merely was pointing out it's not one way or the other EITHER is "head and shoulders" above the other, I did say, and I QUOTE:

"... though I do think Dak is the better overall quarterback...."
I didn't say Cousins or Dak are elite. you are trying to draw a conclusion to argue a point, that doesn't exist. I never said you think Dak is bad. its just seems that a lot of people on this thread argue Cousins is better. so my comment. start a team. you have two choices. Cousins or Dak, so seemingly you should take Cousins. I said the same thing to MC, several others.....

and glad to hear you think Dak is a better QB..... stats not withstanding (and misleading)