Dak getting bad advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak should be paid in the Flacco, Foles range. Maybe a little higher. Not much.3 or 4 years in middle 20 million range. Both of them were 22 million.

Prescott is a solid average passing QB who would be a bottom tier on average or less teams. And probably not offered a second contract. His value is the highest with the Cowboys. He probably wouldn’t receive anymore in FA this year than Foles or Flacco.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine if we hadn’t traded for Cooper. We’d of missed playoffs two consecutive years with a steady spiraling down.

The kid has some nice intangible assets but isn’t enough to carry an offense on his shoulders like Romo did. And I didn’t think Romo was Elite but definitely a top 10 prolific passer.

I’m not sure why some fans think Dak should be a top 5 paid QB? Sounds more like a Crush to me.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
There is no such thing as "bad advice" when it comes to Dak negotiating with Jerry. Dak could likely ask for $50M/yr and negotiations would still continue.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
$30M isnt "more than fair" when the market says you're easily worth more than that.
The CowBoys can decide to pay market value for Dak or not, but that doesnt change his market value.

Is there really a $30M/yr market for Dak outside of Dallas though? I'm not challenging the notion, but just curious who you would consider the market makers would be.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What do you think about a 4 year deal at 108 million with 90 million guaranteed money did Wentz get close to that ?????

Sounds good to me but what Dak thinks is the key. I'm seeing different figures on Wentz's contract, depending upon who's reporting it.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak will be on this years contract PERIOD. He is not getting anything done, he has 2 years to go he has to deal with it, if he was out of this world WHICH HE IS NOT maybe it would get done ZEKE is the best RB in the NFL he should get paid like one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak will be on this years contract PERIOD. He is not getting anything done, he has 2 years to go he has to deal with it, if he was out of this world WHICH HE IS NOT maybe it would get done ZEKE is the best RB in the NFL he should get paid like one.
Fact check: Dak is on last year of Rookie contract cause he wasn’t a 1st RD PK.

irishline

Reaction score
He's betting on himself to have a great season. Got to love the confidence

main-qimg-20d2dafe55b01689c37566998384ff58.webp

Sorry I had to... :p

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure Dak is content to get two franchise tags and then a longterm deal if it comes to that. The average of two franchise tags would be $35 million/year. Then Dak will get a new deal would probably will be $35 million/year as well because Mahomes will get $38-$40 million/year. Honestly both sides should settle at $32.5 million/year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Interesting banter on 105.3 The Fan. This from Ben and Skin:

Dak's agency is CAA (Creative Artists Agency), which started with Hollywood actors and singers and slowly progressed into the sports world. They have Beyonce, George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Matthew McConaughey, etc...you get the point.

They don't negotiate. Period. They go for the throat, full on high-dollar with no waivering.

By that measure, it is very realistic that (1) they did ask for $40 million recently, and (2) they do not want Dak to sign anything now before the market explodes under the new CBA.

That is horrible advice for Dak, who absolutely should have taken that $30 million per year offer. If he doesn't play lights out this season, he could lose tens of millions from this calculated gamble. CAA won't care; they just move on to the next of their thousands of clients.

It is GLORIOUS for the Cowboys, who now get a cheap look at Dak before deciding to pay him big money next offseason, or not. I, for one, love it.

Nobody has an issue paying Dak huge money if his play proves it this year. Likewise, the Cowboys could dodge the proverbial bullet if he doesn't.

Dak is subsidizing his salary nicely with all of his endorsements, but it's not the additional massive signing bonus and salary he's turning down.

Possible...

Dak is probably nearing the mid point of his career. Romo played 9 seasons?

Dak needs to stack some playoff wins. He is starting to look like Craig Morton.

droopdog7

Reaction score
So Dak is betting on himself. He could actually make more than the rumored 30 mil per year. So how exactly did he get bad advice?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I totally agree. On-the-job-training no longer exists this is the year. Will you really show who the leader of this team is. I believe in him
I pray Dak tears it up this year. Because that would mean our QB situation has been solved for the next decade. If he is avg....... there is ZERO excuses this year. No more young guy, no more bad WR corps.... this is it. Put up or shut up.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I pray Dak tears it up this year. Because that would mean our QB situation has been solved for the next decade. If he is avg....... there is ZERO excuses this year. No more young guy, no more bad WR corps.... this is it. Put up or shut up.
I totally agree. This is it

Status
Not open for further replies.