Dak had a horrible 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak had a HORRIBLE 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C.! Everything that he's known to do wrong, well, he pretty much did it...

Struggling players on Day 2 of full pads

Dak Prescott

Listing Prescott as a struggling player should be contextualized first. By all accounts, Dak had an excellent day during the first practice of the week. But he followed up a solid practice with a poor performance on Tuesday.

The receiving group is listed as a winner partially because they had plenty of opportunities to make impressive catches on errant passes from Prescott. And CeeDee wasn't listed in the WR discussion because Prescott kept missing him deep when he was wide open.

Overthrowing receivers on deep passes seems to be the story of the day for Prescott. While he was able to hit Schultz for a TD after he escaped the pocket during today’s mojo moment, that was really the only positive.

Part of this is due to the defensive line impressing in today’s practice. But for the most part, the offensive line looked fine. It was just a down day for the Cowboys’ signal caller and fans should not place too much stock in it.

But on a positive note, the receiving room showed up big.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...struggling-players-its-a-down-day-for-qb1-dak

Snap out of it and fix those sudden mistakes, Dak. No excuse for such bad throws all of a sudden.

As promised, when Dak does well, he deserves praise. When he does bad, I will post about it and blast him. Let's go, Dak! You can do better.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I feel bad for CD. Amari used to get so wide open it masked his inaccuracy.
You don't pass for a career high 67% completions percentage average by being so "inaccurate", so let's quell this "inaccurate" rumor. At the same time, Dak seriously needs to stop suddenly turning so "inaccurate" from one day to the next. Old bad habits that he needs to get rid of by now.

plymkr

Reaction score
One great day at camp doesn't make him elite and one bad day at camp doesn't make him a scrub. Inconsistent maybe but everyone has bad days. I'm trying to be more optimistic about Dak. After the playoff loss I didn't want him on the team anymore, I was disappointed with his play and his comments about throwing bottles at the refs. Now I am hoping for the best and I feel we'll see a different, and better, Dak this season. Injuries can't be ignored with his play last season. He was a warrior and played through some injuries. So I am feeling we'll see a better Dak. The question is can a better Dak be consistent enough to win some playoff games. We'll see and I'm hoping the answer is yes. I'm optimistic he will because he's our QB for the next 3-5 years regardless if I get bent out of shape about it so I'm rooting for him hard cuz the better he plays the better the team is.

But I'm not too stressed about a bad day at TC. Everyone has bad days. He'll play better and have better days.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sure seems like it. Ugh!

Mindboggling. How can a QB go from arguably his best day ever in training camp to one of the worst ones? :mad:
He's only human dear. Just like us, we have good & bad days. Can't get over anxious at something we can't control. He'll be fine when it counts!
You feel bad for CD? Did you miss his team leading drops last year that hit him straight in his hands?
Lamb had a bad habit of taking his eyes off the ball when in route. He always looks ahead on where to accumulate more yardage after a catch. Even w/the dropped passes last season, his stats were overwhelming compared to Coopers. Let's not dwell on the negatives of the player being he certainly has more positives that helped Dallas to 12 victories.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One great day at camp doesn't make him elite and one bad day at camp doesn't make him a scrub. Inconsistent maybe but everyone has bad days. I'm trying to be more optimistic about Dak. After the playoff loss I didn't want him on the team anymore, I was disappointed with his play and his comments about throwing bottles at the refs. Now I am hoping for the best and I feel we'll see a different, and better, Dak this season. Injuries can't be ignored with his play last season. He was a warrior and played through some injuries. So I am feeling we'll see a better Dak. The question is can a better Dak be consistent enough to win some playoff games. We'll see and I'm hoping the answer is yes. I'm optimistic he will because he's our QB for the next 3-5 years regardless if I get bent out of shape about it so I'm rooting for him hard cuz the better he plays the better the team is.

But I'm not too stressed about a bad day at TC. Everyone has bad days. He'll play better and have better days.
So true @plymkr ! Well said. Thanks for cooling me down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's only human dear. Just like us, we have good & bad days. Can't get over anxious at something we can't control. He'll be fine when it counts!Lamb had a bad habit of taking his eyes off the ball when in route. He always looks ahead on where to accumulate more yardage after a catch. Even w/the dropped passes last season, his stats were overwhelming compared to Coopers. Let's not dwell on the negatives of the player being he certainly has more positives that helped Dallas to 12 victories.
Words of wisdom. Thanks, Beautiful!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's OK, AC, if you like Dak.

No need to flip flop; you can feel free go all-in on your boy around here. Everyone is usually so supportive, especially when it comes to debating QBs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's OK, AC, if you like Dak.

No need to flip flop; you can feel free go all-in on your boy around here. Everyone is usually so supportive, especially when it comes to debating QBs.
No flip-flopping, bro. Just upset. Those overthrows at wide open WRs is what truly gets me. No excuses for that. Bring your release point down!!! It's like pitching baseball.

If not, learn how to not overpower your throws but instead add a little touch with a little arc to your throws.

Who is Dak's QB coach? What is he teaching him? Dak should have mastered his throws by now. It's year 7 already.

How Baseball Is Building Better NFL Quarterbacks
From a biomechanical standpoint, the throwing motion for quarterbacks and pitchers is largely the same, so skills that help on the diamond can help on the gridiron.

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/baseball-building-better-nfl-quarterbacks/

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had a HORRIBLE 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C.! Everything that he's known to do wrong, well, he pretty much did it...

Struggling players on Day 2 of full pads

Dak Prescott

Listing Prescott as a struggling player should be contextualized first. By all accounts, Dak had an excellent day during the first practice of the week. But he followed up a solid practice with a poor performance on Tuesday.

The receiving group is listed as a winner partially because they had plenty of opportunities to make impressive catches on errant passes from Prescott. And CeeDee wasn't listed in the WR discussion because Prescott kept missing him deep when he was wide open.

Overthrowing receivers on deep passes seems to be the story of the day for Prescott. While he was able to hit Schultz for a TD after he escaped the pocket during today’s mojo moment, that was really the only positive.

Part of this is due to the defensive line impressing in today’s practice. But for the most part, the offensive line looked fine. It was just a down day for the Cowboys’ signal caller and fans should not place too much stock in it.

But on a positive note, the receiving room showed up big.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...struggling-players-its-a-down-day-for-qb1-dak

Snap out of it and fix those sudden mistakes, Dak. No excuse for such bad throws all of a sudden.

As promised, when Dak does well, he deserves praise. When he does bad, I will post about it and blast him. Let's go, Dak! You can do better.

Who do you think we paid 160 million to....Joe Burrows?
This is the lemon deal of the decade for the NFL.
All these issues are still with Dakko and after 6 seasons there not going away.
One look at his footwork and how he uses his upper body to force his throws tells the Tim Tebow tale....

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who do you think we paid 160 million to....Joe Burrows?
This is the lemon deal of the decade for the NFL.
All these issues are still with Dakko and after 6 seasons there not going away.
One look at his footwork and how he uses his upper body to force his throws tells the Tim Tebow tale....

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation
This is from his college days. 7+ years ago. It means nothing today since Dak has drastically improved on his footwork, arm, throwing, accuracy and body health. The issue right now is Overthrowing wide open WRs. No excuse for that entering year 7.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is from his college days. 7+ years ago. It means nothing today since Dak has drastically improved on his footwork, arm, throwing, accuracy and body health. The issue right now is Overthrowing wide open WRs. No excuse for that entering year 7.
Tell me the ones in bold are not still with him.....please sell sell sell as we have eyes eyes eyes!!!