Dak had best wake up and smell the roses

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak's agent is setting his teeth into top of NFL as well as Cowboys' setting pay days...but he may be losing a locker room and group of supporting fans in the same stroke.

Brandt’s top three include the Saints’ pairing of Brees and Thomas, the Falcons’ connection of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, and the Cardinals’ new duo of the exciting Kyler Murray and All-Pro DeAndre Hopkins.

Brandt then has Dallas...

4) Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys: The selection of Oklahoma receiver CeeDee Lamb with the 17th overall pick could have a positive impact on Cooper. If Lamb is able to develop quickly, Cooper could get more snaps in the slot, where he’ll be able to wreak havoc. Even if Lamb needs a bit of time, Cooper should still make the most of the contract extension to which he’s been signed, assuming he doesn’t have to deal with anything like the leg injuries that bothered him last year. Of course, this also presumes the franchise-tagged Prescott doesn’t hold out or miss time as he waits for a new contract.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...urth-best-qb-and-wr-pairing-heading-into-2020

Couple this with acquiring Cee Dee Lamb, a very pro Dak move, and Dallas has more than supported Dak in his position. This being the anti-Green Bay by the team during this draft.

Now, mix in what has been done along the depth for the offensive line, and his role has been in the middle of the franchise's bulls eye. They have done their due diligence and then some, including offering and negotiating in good faith, to reward that very player.

If he doesn't quickly gain a team oriented slant, and quit buying into his glory, instead of the team...he will end up losing a ton more, that what is pictured in front of his nose.

Dak, it's time to get your butt off it's high/holy air space, and back to team and Lombardi building!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fans here hated Dak since day 1. So his contract won't change their attitude anyways.
Pretty much. This contract dispute isn't changing anyones eyes. If you liked him before you'd like him now. If you hated him making 500k a year you are going to hate him regardless.

Oh, my prayers have been with he and his family...
Understood but I don't think your prayers are gonna make this easier for him to cope with. Tragedy or not.....this wasn't getting resolved anytime soon.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Fans here hated Dak since day 1. So his contract won't change their attitude anyways.
IDK, I really don't think "Hating Dak" represents a lot of the fan base that just is basically unhappy with the current situation.
Those that wanted to explore other options, were not out of line in that thinking process.
Its not so black and white.. Love or Hate.
There are a lot of fans like myself that just look at the game and the situation, I don't hate or love Dak, but I do like him,, is that just ok.
I understand its a business, and man wants to get paid, and the Cowboys franchise wants what they want, its just numbers, this will get handled soon.
Those that blatantly just hate Dak have other issues, because if you going to hate the man that much, than bring an option,, I never see one, that's all Im saying.
There is an in between.

bewp7

Reaction score
dak is sitting pretty imo! jerry, stephen, and every one else is all in on dak so if he wants to maximize his earningings (which he should! i just dont think the cowboys should pay him but it is too late now) why shouldnt he just sit back and chill and let his agent get all he can and the contract length he wants. jerry will cave and give him every thing hes asking for and everybody knows it.

cowboys want to make dak wake up go sign cam newton and tell him he can compete for the starting job.

kskboys

Reaction score
Pretty much. This contract dispute isn't changing anyones eyes. If you liked him before you'd like him now. If you hated him making 500k a year you are going to hate him regardless.

Understood but I don't think your prayers are gonna make this easier for him to cope with. Tragedy or not.....this wasn't getting resolved anytime soon.
It really actually is. Many fans who liked him have now changed a bit.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

That’s untrue. Everyone on this board was THRILLED with Dak his rookie year. He played simply amazing that year. He has regressed since then, when we all expected that he’d improve. That’s what has soured half the fan base on Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Money has nothing to do w/ the change in attitude toward Dak. The apparent greed of Dak and his agent is the factor.

I'm not talking about what should be, I'm talking about what is. The perception of Dak has taken a huge hit.

This is just a excuse to validate those that didn't like him before.

We are kidding ourselves here since Dak became quarterback of this team he's been a polarizing figure with fans. Just like Romo before him. You have those that dislike him, those that want something better and those that like him. If you liked him prior to his "greed" you should still like him. Nothing has been signed. People are forming opinions of him based on leaked information from the Cowboys.

Lets be honest here.